Have you ever walked into a showroom to find 'love@1st.sight' (1 Viewer)

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Been looking for the right Motorhome to fulltime in'. Probably the last 9 months. Wanted an 'A Type' but even considered a Hobby 750. There was a Hymer near Newcastle - 300 mile round trip. Kim said we should try the first dealer we went into 3 years ago, before we purchased our Burstner.
So we walk into BCS Motorhomes in Littleborough and there she is........ No number plates - polished and sparkling - no price.
Way out of our price range - we thought. Keith came over so I ask the question??? £42k - 07 - 654SL.
As new condition. So Kim does the totally wrong thing in front of any salesman - she enthused over the whole van - am I going to get a discount???
Well we have lived in her for a week - we were all made for each other.
Finally I could not recommend Keith, his team and his company more. Every motorhome in his showroom gleamed - you could see he took pride in his stock. Helpful and informative - excellent.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Pleased you are so happy with your van and the service received. Look forward to the photos of the interior. :)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We bought ours from BCS, Keith was good to deal with and as you say all the motorhomes were gleaming and well presented.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We were at Uttoxeter racecourse for the weekend and we got up on the sunday morning wondering what to do. We decided to go to York where the Northern Motorhome show was taking place. So we drove straight up passing our home on the way and got to the show for early afternoon, had a look round, spotted the Frankia and by 4.00 o'clock had done the deal. Eleven years later and we still love it.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
But pleased that you did and your happy with her, him, it or whatever, cos I'll bet a lot think they have, only to find a few weeks down the road they haven't, as it were:p

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
that is the ONLY way we have ever bought..
If I like one I get woman to look at it.. if she likes it then its a done deal ( which is proly why dealers LOVE me so much.. never worry too much about minor faults.. as long as it goes, stops and has a decent set of bowlers I sort the rest out to MY liking ! )

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Been looking for the right Motorhome to fulltime in'. Probably the last 9 months. Wanted an 'A Type' but even considered a Hobby 750. There was a Hymer near Newcastle - 300 mile round trip. Kim said we should try the first dealer we went into 3 years ago, before we purchased our Burstner.
So we walk into BCS Motorhomes in Littleborough and there she is........ No number plates - polished and sparkling - no price.
Way out of our price range - we thought. Keith came over so I ask the question??? £42k - 07 - 654SL.
As new condition. So Kim does the totally wrong thing in front of any salesman - she enthused over the whole van - am I going to get a discount???
Well we have lived in her for a week - we were all made for each other.
Finally I could not recommend Keith, his team and his company more. Every motorhome in his showroom gleamed - you could see he took pride in his stock. Helpful and informative - excellent.

Donnkim,

Your story echos exactly the same scenario as we encountered (also at BCS).
We, well me really, had also wanted a Hobby but SWMBO put her foot down and said 7mts is long enough so the 750 was out but on returning from New Zealand and after a wasted trip to Nottingham, again 300miles each way, we found our Hobby 650 at BCS.
And yes, we enthused as well.
You've got to take your hat off to Keith, he knew we were coming all the way from Cornwall and, when we arrived the Hobby was sat there, in the garage, with all the lights on, the heater on (it was January) shining like a new pin . It may as well have had a sign on saying, Walk away if you dare!!!
Nearly 12months on we're still besotted with it and when (or if) the time comes to change, we'll be looking at Keiths stock.

Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
Yes, my present husband saw our Nu Surf sat inside and wanted it, which is why it is called" the other woman". Although he has already put a nasty "ding"in it. Glad it wasn't me who did it!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Did it today in Ludlow. Though ours wont be built till feb:cry:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So pleased it's great when you find something that can be your forever van.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well I did when I saw the Jaguar XK8 Cabriolet - I thought 'I'd love a car like that'. Then 'Why can't I have a car like that??' Then 'I can have a car like that, I've just got my pension lump sum!' So I did! Kept it 2 years and loved it to bits! Then became unemployed and so....:crying::crying:

Attachments

• semerjag.JPG
    semerjag.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 23

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Well I did when I saw the Jaguar XK8 Cabriolet - I thought 'I'd love a car like that'. Then 'Why can't I have a car like that??' Then 'I can have a car like that, I've just got my pension lump sum!' So I did! Kept it 2 years and loved it to bits! Then became unemployed and so....:crying::crying:

Niice car(y)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
still in love with my Jaguar XF - it was love at first sight and I bought it off the showroom floor. Isn't that what maturing endowment policies are for?

OP
OP
donnkim

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
The Jaguar is also my dream car - couldn't bear to leave her to the elements everyday so our garage is just too small.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You must be about ready to actually get in and use it now!

:)

More good luck than anything but 50,000 miles on and some customising it's still working for us.

FIAT can't be faulted. One starter battery, two cam belts, one faulty engine earth and brake pads.

Burstner less good, bad design wall to floor water sealing leading to wet rot. One ( unsightly ) bead of sealant along the skirts would have stopped that happening, but too late when I found it ( at 8 years old before the Swift owners gloat too much ).

From Inverness/Skye to Morocco to Sorrento it's done us proud. And it can't wait to get back to Italy next year.

One single feature that made this come good, the huge over cab bed. This leaves ample living space in a small van.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You guys like a Tata Motor Group India car ? !!

Give the Indians FULL marks and then some. They aren't half helping the economy and the prestige of British products as in The Good Old Days. The Evoque is everywhere across Europe and Morocco.

Ford failed !

Not all good news, I passed a Tata steel plant recently, up for sale.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wouldn't say love but was looking for a replacement car, saw one in the yard and thought "That would be ideal but it's far too much" and then the salesman came over, I looked at just about every car on the forecourt and then he said "There's always that one which we can do a deal on.....". Ten minutes later it was mine and still is after 5 years.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
There was a Hymer near Newcastle - 300 mile round trip. 654SL.
As new condition. QUOTE]

Excellent choice, we have had our B654SL star edition now for 26 Months and 26000 miles, had a look at some alternatives as it was coming up to 2 years old, couldn't find anything better!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back