Belgium Grand Prix 2015 (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
we are looking to go to Spa next August and I am wondering if any Funsters have any advice on sites etc around the track., I have seen some sites offering 55.00 PP per night, I know you have to pay for these events but it is a 7 mile walk to the track!
any advice would greatly be received.
Peter

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Went a few years ago on a coach trip, the road in through the forest had lots of people camped along side it, mostly in tents, but they looked like third world shanty towns and can't remember seeing any motorhomes in among them. 7 miles is doable on push bikes maybe ?
Circuit de Catalunya had lots of people parked up in motorhomes on the grass car parking areas, is there no mention of on circuit camping on the Spa website ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We have been to the Spa Formula one for the last 2 years. We always stay in yellow camping (advertised as quiet camping) it is very lively, and there will be people partying into the small hours, but not as loudly as the other campsite.
Aim to arrive on Thursday in the afternoon, this will give you access to the pit walk (an important note, you need to have a full weekend ticket for access).
From yellow camping the gold grandstands are about a 10 minute walk. It does get very busy, but I would recommend a grandstand, general access you will have to get to the track early to find a spot.
There are several shops near to the circuit, so stock up in these, the food on the track is limited and expensive. FC Ster has a chip shop which serves very passable fish and chips :) Beer on the track is actually fairly reasonable, about €3 if memory serves.
And lastly, it rains very heavily in this area, take wellies and rain gear, you will get wet. Also if you have parked in one of the fields, you are going to get stuck, get friendly with owners of 4x4's :)

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
I'm watching this thread with interest as I intend visiting F1 venues next year (hopefully).
Obviously my version of quiet camping differs from other peoples.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
In 89 I went with 2 mates to Le Mans 24 hours bike racing, we rode there and camped. Engines were revved early hours in the morning so high we expected them to go bang. We had the tent sliced open and helmets, beer stolen whilst I was in a drunken stupor in the tent. I heard nothing and this was during the day.
I got stopped for speeding and fined 600 francs ( £60) which left me with 20 francs (£2) for the weekend. One friend had his bike damaged by a car tearing around the campsite. It rained all the way home, a memorable trip for the wrong reasons.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I've recently booked for the 'Green zone'. Cannot wait.

OP
OP
Peter48
Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
thanks everyone for your comments, I have taken the Grandstand advice and booked these from Thurs to Sun!, must say concerned about being towed out in the rain, means the Mrs will get wet pushing :)

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Baghdad ?

I suppose it might as well be Baghdad judging by previous experience at another F1 venue. (And we got burgled in the van).
Never been to Spa so really looking forward to it.
A lot of people say it is the best of the calendar.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
thanks everyone for your comments, I have taken the Grandstand advice and booked these from Thurs to Sun!, must say concerned about being towed out in the rain, means the Mrs will get wet pushing :)
Well to be honest, it was mostly my fault that we got stuck. If you are in Yellow camping, and you arrive on Thursday, you can park up almost anywhere, I went to the bottom corner of the field, meaning I had to go up hill to get out, D'Oh!
To avoid this scenario, go all the way to the top of the slope, where you will find a low hedge, and park close to the gravel track. That way your exit will be on a downhill slope :)
I'll see if I can locate some pictures of the campsite field.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
One of our favourites, not just the F1 but the 6 hour endurance and the classic.
Don't expect much sleep, the Ferrari fans like air horns, facilities get stretched, so try to be as self sufficient as you can, in other words, like any other motor racing event. It can turn cold at any time of the year at Spa and it can rain, so just think Silverstone and you are now in the right frame of mind. The atmosphere is amazing, the location is stunning and this creates a fantastic weekend at one of the great circuits.
Depending on the grandstand, something comfortable to sit on and to dry the seat if there has been rain is worth remembering. Have a great time, you will enjoy it.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Couldn't find any pictures of yellow camping, but here is the view from Gold 7 grandstand.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread