LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Getting ready to print for christmas cards..

image.jpg

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just driving down the Main Street of a small village in North Yorkshire, wondered how long since this was last a runner
View attachment 47895

:) Bet it starts 1st time though:LOL:.

We used to have one of these, same colour too. It came with a towbar and that's how we got into caravanning....and the rest, they say, is history:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Montgenevre en route from Italy to France. It was a little lonely though - 220 places and only ONE camper. Excellent route if you want to avoid the tunnels. Great views along the way. Ten euro a night! Nice to be back in France for a few days (looking at buying a house in the Auvergne) A pony needs a stable!

DSC_1325.jpg

last blog:
http://slowponyblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/mv-matisse-new-zealand-to-panama/

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Just driving down the Main Street of a small village in North Yorkshire, wondered how long since this was last a runner
View attachment 47895
How long has he been waiting to pull out onto the road?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
We visited the lost Village nr Nerja Spain today .here are a few pics of it and the well known restaurant there
It is a very narrow and windy road worst than the alps and the last mile is only a dirt track..single lane a lot of the way with no pullover places eek.... But the place was full when we left
We had house salad, Wild Boar, John had Partridge and friends had Venison, followed by Blueberry ice cream n mango ice cream... yummm
image.jpg

..as I can't upload from my phone to here ( haven't found the problem yet) I took a photo of them with my ipad

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
View attachment 47937 View attachment 47936 View attachment 47935 View attachment 47934 We visited the lost Village nr Nerja Spain today .here are a few pics of it and the well known restaurant there
It is a very narrow and windy road worst than the alps and the last mile is only a dirt track..single lane a lot of the way with no pullover places eek.... But the place was full when we left
We had house salad, Wild Boar, John had Partridge and friends had Venison, followed by Blueberry ice cream n mango ice cream... yummm
View attachment 47933
..as I can't upload from my phone to here ( haven't found the problem yet) I took a photo of them with my ipad

How did you find it ? ;)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Visited El Acebuchal a time or two, the road's quite easy when you're on horseback! - as long as your horse doesn't mind the snakes zipping across the track under their feet. Or the feral dogs jumping out of the undergrowth. Or the wild boar, goats, marching caterpillars etc... We tied the horses to the bumper on the back of some truck or other belonging to a local guy while we had drinks & tapas at the bar.
The village is one of those that suffered during the Spanish Civil War as the communists were really active in the area, then the last people were driven out and the houses wrecked in the 1950's. The owner of the bar bought the entire village and started restoring houses, and tried to find the descendants of the previous owners and when he did, gave them the restored house. He brought the entire village back to life. When we visited there was a great celebration as the first child had been born since the 'resurrection' of the village (even though the parents were, I think, Scots - but were residents). They were also just about to finish the restoration of the chapel.
Lovely place, lovely people. Nice memories, thank you.
(It's beginning to sound like I'm always going "been there, done that", but honestly, haven't been much of anywhere, it's just coincidence that people are writing/ photographing the few places we HAVE been!!!) :notworthy:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
View attachment 47937 View attachment 47936 View attachment 47935 View attachment 47934 We visited the lost Village nr Nerja Spain today .here are a few pics of it and the well known restaurant there
View attachment 47933
We visited Nerja last year (flying, does that count lol?) but I hadn't heard of this, sounds great:)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
How did you find it ? ;)

Larry we had no idea about it until two days ago, the folk that took us knew about it

Visited El Acebuchal a time or two, the road's quite easy when you're on horseback! - as long as your horse doesn't mind the snakes zipping across the track under their feet. Or the feral dogs jumping out of the undergrowth. Or the wild boar, goats, marching caterpillars etc... We tied the horses to the bumper on the back of some truck or other belonging to a local guy while we had drinks & tapas at the bar.
The village is one of those that suffered during the Spanish Civil War as the communists were really active in the area, then the last people were driven out and the houses wrecked in the 1950's. The owner of the bar bought the entire village and started restoring houses, and tried to find the descendants of the previous owners and when he did, gave them the restored house. He brought the entire village back to life. When we visited there was a great celebration as the first child had been born since the 'resurrection' of the village (even though the parents were, I think, Scots - but were residents). They were also just about to finish the restoration of the chapel.
Lovely place, lovely people. Nice memories, thank you.
(It's beginning to sound like I'm always going "been there, done that", but honestly, haven't been much of anywhere, it's just coincidence that people are writing/ photographing the few places we HAVE been!!!) :notworthy:

Thank you for sharing, yes it felt like something would be there around the sharp narrow corners.. Glad we didn't know about the snakes ..did see the goats, and some horse folk ..brilliant experience

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back