Mia - The Miniature Schnauzer (1 Viewer)

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
As newbies to the MH fraternity we have recently been away on two occassions sofar and our girl has enjoyed it immensley.............. We were wondering if other Funsters have a Mini?

10644765_347096985468502_956338100255845_o.jpg

The Ghost

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My sister who is also a Funster has 2, one boy and one girl. The bitch looks the spit of yours re the colouring but alas is more on the tatty side! Hopefully they will meet up on a rally sometime.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Carol

That would be nice. Mia is classed as Pepper & Salt colouring and to be honest she is due to visit the groomers prior to our next outing in 'The Ghost' next month...

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We used to have two when we were first married - Roddy & Toby both salt & pepper, and both owned by others originally. Roddy was bit highly strung and Toby was the greck of the litter but one of the nicest natured dogs we have owned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi canopus

They really are good natured dogs and ours just loves our young grandchildren. She barks alot especially when on the lead but thats her character... So far she is enjoying being away in the MH..........

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
image.jpg
Yep! We've recently acquired a miniature labradoodle called Amy. She had her first outing in the MH earlier this month and our not so mini chocolate labrador showed her the ropes ;)

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Lovely photo Katv. I'm sure your Lab will soon show her the ropes. Is that a cross between a Labrador & a Poodle?

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, a cross between a miniature poodle and a labrador. She's a rescue so we don't know much more about her, but she's settled in really well and seems to enjoy life on the road (y)

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Excellent. Glad she has settled in and is enjoying life on the road, ours still needs to acclimatise to the MH surroundings but given time...

M

Madwife

Deleted User
No we have four wire fox terriers although they have been called schnauzers!

Kath and the Wyaye pack

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Kath
Saw a Wire Fox Terrier locally the other day, love the look of them and as close to a 'beardie' as you can get... I bet four terriers at home can be a handful, not to mention away in the MH.. LOL!

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
As newbies to the MH fraternity we have recently been away on two occassions sofar and our girl has enjoyed it immensley.............. We were wondering if other Funsters have a Mini?

The Ghost
What a cute face! I love the eyebrows :)

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi dippingatoe
Dropped her off at the groomers this morning at 9am with strict instructions to just trim the eyebrows and beard...

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We have a mini called Archie. He is in my avatar picture. 2 years old and a friendly bundle of mischief!
However today he is very poorly, started vomiting yesterday afternoon and when he brought up blood late last night we took him to the emergency vet. She gave him some meds and we are taking him back this morning.
He seems very subdued and disorientated, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to admit him for tests and observation.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Mack100

Another Mini, that's great and as you say they are a friendly bundle of mischief!
Very sorry to hear that Archie is poorly at this time but I'm sure with meds the vet will soon have him sorted. Admission for tests and obs seem to be par for the coarse I'm afraid.

Hope he gets well soon.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Cheers Ghost, he's heartily sick of the vets, this year he's torn out a claw and developed a mass at the site of the injections. That was covered by insurance but any GI stuff is excluded as he had puppy diarrhoea before we insured him! He's more expensive to run than the motorhome!!

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
We have a mini called Archie. He is in my avatar picture. 2 years old and a friendly bundle of mischief!
However today he is very poorly, started vomiting yesterday afternoon and when he brought up blood late last night we took him to the emergency vet. She gave him some meds and we are taking him back this morning.
He seems very subdued and disorientated, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to admit him for tests and observation.

Hope everything goes well.

Best wishes

Mike & Dawn

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015

The Ghost

Aww get well soon Archie.....did you know pumpkin is very soothing for a dog with tummy troubles? Cooked and mashed.

Love little Mia. We have had three Mini Schnauzers our first (Emma) was a little Black Mini and she saved us both. She entered our lives when we were going through a really tough time and she brought us light and laughter. Our next two were sisters Molly and Mandy and we got them in South Africa. Eventually Emma flew out to join them and then they all flew back to the UK when we came back. Lovely, lovely dogs. When we were left with just one, we bought Max ( the black one in my Avatar) he is a Cockerpoo and when Mandy died we opted for another Cockerpoo and she is Phoebe. There is just something about Cockerpoos.......

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
This is Jess in Tobermoray. She sadly died 3 years ago, but was a wonderful pet with a super temperament. Currently we do not have a pet - they are a tie if you want to visit cities etc - but if we get another pet I think it will probably be a schnauzer.
IMG_1218 - Copy.JPG

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
weve got one of these...hes a minature t-rex...so he thinks!
IMG_20110508_092429.jpg 20120323_181003.jpg
a dachshund/jack/welsh corgi/papillon cross...at least thats what the vets have worked out!!

And one of these
_MG_0965.jpg
bit on the smelly side, due to a fondness for cow pats...but other than that...sweetest little thing weve ever had the pleasure of looking after

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Aww get well soon Archie.....did you know pumpkin is very soothing for a dog with tummy troubles? Cooked and mashed.

Love little Mia. We have had three Mini Schnauzers our first (Emma) was a little Black Mini and she saved us both. She entered our lives when we were going through a really tough time and she brought us light and laughter. Our next two were sisters Molly and Mandy and we got them in South Africa. Eventually Emma flew out to join them and then they all flew back to the UK when we came back. Lovely, lovely dogs. When we were left with just one, we bought Max ( the black one in my Avatar) he is a Cockerpoo and when Mandy died we opted for another Cockerpoo and she is Phoebe. There is just something about Cockerpoos.......

PUMPKIN
This festive gourd is a miracle food for dogs. Good for both diarrhea and constipation, canned pumpkin (not raw, not the sugary, spicy pie filling) is loaded with fiber and beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. Don’t give Buddy a lot of it—too much A is highly toxic to dogs—but a couple of teaspoons a day for little pups, or a couple of tablespoons for big boys, should keep them right on track.

taken from here http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/dog-nutrition/Dog-Nutrition-A-to-Z http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/dog-nutrition/Dog-Nutrition-A-to-Z

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Update on Archie , back home now after a night at the vets. Lots of tests, X-rays and endoscopy with gastroenteritis diagnosed.
The cost? A mere £1500!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back