Underslung LPG to Alko chassis fitting in pictures (2 Viewers)

Pudsey Bear

Free Member
Jun 28, 2008
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Thanks everyone and thanks for the offer Kev (about time you joined (y))

CA_11231412023371-XL.jpg

Rod job worked a treat and cost under £4 (y)

Ha, check out my joining date, I've been here a while, but tother side is getting a bit stale.

A pm of other members I might know would be good, don't hardly recognise any of these chaps and chapesseses :D

Pudsey Bear

Free Member
Jun 28, 2008
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
@Andy
Re the pipe coming in from the filler in the skirt, is it rubber or Stainless steel? Autogas fitted rubber to mine, out of date too, (I'd never go there again) I got a S/S one fitted in Bradford, for very little, I could have done it myself, but was a little too cautious then, I'd do the whole system now though, doddle.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Ha, check out my joining date, I've been here a while, but tother side is getting a bit stale.

A pm of other members I might know would be good, don't hardly recognise any of these chaps and chapesseses :D

Don't I know it and I stopped contributing because it is a fraudulent enterprise of broken promises and lies. I'm glad you coughed up. Stay a while and you'll see how busy it is (y) best forum by a long way.
You'll soon see who you know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
@Andy
Re the pipe coming in from the filler in the skirt, is it rubber or Stainless steel? Autogas fitted rubber to mine, out of date too, (I'd never go there again) I got a S/S one fitted in Bradford, for very little, I could have done it myself, but was a little too cautious then, I'd do the whole system now though, doddle.
Should be rubber. Gasit website says SS one for high pressure fill doesn't meet regs anymore

As an OEM supplier, ALL our GAS IT Fast Fill hoses are fully Approved to E67.01 which is a EU and UK regulation.

We do not sell Stainless Steel Fill hoses because there are none approved to the required UK or Europe E67.01 Regulations. ( Even the ones currently sold by well known companies are not approved to the required E67.01 Regs)

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I've two jobs still to do
Firstly the cable to the gas level meter was bodged twice so cut off just now.
Secondly the side skirt fill point never had a brace behind it so the skirt takes the full weight of the filler nozzle so I'm going to make a bracket from left over flat bar so no extra cost.
Notice how clean my spare wheel is after all this time :cool:

EDIT and of course a sheet of correx to fit around the front of the tank instead of that messy black shite spray
CA_11231412033515-XL.jpg

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hmm, need to look into that then.

I wonder why, it doesn't seem logical, it has a poly something inner, not solid stainless, that's just the braiding.
I would not worry as it's not going to be retrospectively banned in the real world. I think they are only concerned with current regs for new stuff

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Nice job -looks really neat and tidy and snug to the underside as you wanted/planned.
(Your next job looks to be potentially a new exhaust looking at the last photo?)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
A good price for the exhaust but a little high with postage etc:(

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Great job, there............you must have had all the good weather.........been raining cats and dogs down here all day. :sick:

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Andy, always enjoy your posts. Please could you post a picture of your remote filler bracket when completed as I have the same issue with the remote filler on my Rapido.
Thanks
David

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Andy. Many thanks for a really interesting and inspirational thread. I'm looking at a similar set up but on a panel van. Can you give any advice regarding the installation of the filler and any pipework connections to the existing gas system please? I'm concerned about any room needed behind the filler and making the connections. I assume that there is a regulator fitted to the underslung tank which makes the existing redundant? Please excuse what might be naiive questions but this is new territory for me. I accept the warnings elsewhere about using Gas Safe fitters etc. but also think that care and attention to detail coupled with knowledge and a respect for good working practices should make the job doable.
Martin

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Picture of the filler is already in the thread.
The only picture to complement a new install is the old gas locker where the regulator has disappeared and the solid copper pipe comes through from the tanks regulator via an isolation tap.
CA_04081321543527-L.jpg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Andy another great project completed!

What is the weight like on your rear axle now with the gas tank and the spare wheel?

On my Savannah there is plenty to spare on the front axle but the rear is close to the mark such that I have had to move stuff from the garage up front so no chance for me to do that I think.

Going to upgrade the rear tyres to give me an extra 100kgs on the rear axle as already done air suspension.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Andy, you know me, I always enjoy following your projects, even though I might not have the bottle to tackle some of them myself.
As always, that's another smashing looking job, all the way from when if first appeared on Jacqs lovely laminate dining room floor :eek: right through to the final chassis mounting and connection. Excellent stuff pal. (y)

Please tell me that you have a remote filler/level gauge somewhere handy...............or have I missed it somewhere in the thread?

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Andy another great project completed!

What is the weight like on your rear axle now with the gas tank and the spare wheel?

On my Savannah there is plenty to spare on the front axle but the rear is close to the mark such that I have had to move stuff from the garage up front so no chance for me to do that I think.

Going to upgrade the rear tyres to give me an extra 100kgs on the rear axle as already done air suspension.
I've never had a weight issue front or rear and the tank is in the same place that it always has been.
Fully loaded with bikes I usually still have over 200kg spare on the rear.
Front axle is 1920kg with us , full water gas and diesel. I'm allowed 210okg

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Andy, you know me, I always enjoy following your projects, even though I might not have the bottle to tackle some of them myself.
As always, that's another smashing looking job, all the way from when if first appeared on Jacqs lovely laminate dining room floor :eek: right through to the final chassis mounting and connection. Excellent stuff pal. (y)

Please tell me that you have a remote filler/level gauge somewhere handy...............or have I missed it somewhere in the thread?

Cheers for now,

Jock.
Yes missed it Jock :LOL: or the references to the dodgy wiring that I have to replace tomorrow (y)
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes missed it Jock :LOL: or the references to the dodgy wiring that I have to replace tomorrow (y)
Broken Link Removed

Oh, I do like that. Yep, I'd have remembered that if I'd seen it previously.
I'm still on the key and cree torch stage of checking the gas level, but becuase of the tank capacity, I'm pleased to say that it's not a job that needs doing very often. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. I see K--_n_--Z have joined us. (y) Welcome to them. :)

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Not very accurate Jock, because of the shape of the tank the gauge goes down to one light when it is still half full. Probably last a week when the red light comes on. However the point is that when down to one green light I need to refill within a week of use

fixer

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Ossett
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E765S
Exp
I'm a newbie
Anyone want my old tank with some liquid gas? free but collection only. A good shot blast and paint job will see it right.
well I would love to restore the used tank back to its original condition and fit it under my 765 if its still on offer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back