Fancied a quick trip to Bruges (how much?!) (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
thought a few days in Bruges would be good, a few threads recently suggesting similar, we use the chunnel to France but I really dislike the drive down to Folkstone, so thought we would revisit the Hull Zeebrugge options, used them a lot over the years

Broken Link Removed

not sure if this link will pick up my booking enquiry, but with meals and an upgrade to club cabin that we always used to use, £626 for a three day return with MH and 2 adults

I don't think so thanks

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Still not cheap, especially for only a few days, but Have you looked at Harwich to Hook of Holland by chance, newish boats and nice cabins. Don't seem to get troubled as much by the stag/hen parties that the Hull boats get. Still a fairish drive this side to Harwich and back. Thought it may be a bit cheaper.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It will probably still be expensive. I used to use it a lot for business trips to Rotterdam and Antwerp but it started getting too pricey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's expensive anyway I suppose if you live up North given the price of fuel?

It's one of the few benefits of living in the South East I think.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
had a revisit to this, out of interest, checked price for car not MH, it is £150 cheaper for the return trip, not an option, but quite a premium

when I take back out the cabin upgrades and meals, it comes back down to just over £300, not a lot more than chunnel plus extra fuel really

still more than I can justify, I also guess it highlights just how much a trip really costs once you add in everything, rather than paying it all to the ferry company

will go in January for longer, spread the cost out over the number of nights, make it seem cheaper(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back