Scalding hot water from shower. (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have a Chausson which has a shower with a mixer tap on it, I am a bit scared of this because it is plainly dodgy . The valve is very difficult to set as the temperature varies from warm to bloody hot without touching it. Not the best thing to happen . What I need to know is there a proper thermostatically stable valve that I can fit, and where actually is the valve? I think it must be behind the plastic wall and would be major rip downs to get to unless there is another way or place to put it.
Any ideas????

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
try turning down the stat for the boiler

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I only has one hot water setting the thermostat is only the space heating

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Don't think you can get a thermostatic valve for a camper, wonder if your mixer tap is a Reich model that you can access after removing the actuating handle and maybe change the ceramic cartridge, cost about a tenner off the internet ?

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
This happened to me recently. Made contact with the boiler manufacturer who put me onto a local agent. Couldnt have been more helpful, told me how to turn down the stat and all is well.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have this problem in my Rapido but only when the heating is on. It's fine in the summer. It's not caused by the shower mixer but by the water pipes running through the same spaces as the heating ducts. This leads to local heating of parts of the pipes and the water in it, effectively meaning that the very hot water from the boiler is being diluted with water that is also hot intermittently resulting in scalding temperatures. The only answer I have found is to run the shower on cold only until it is actually cold, and then run the hot until its evenly hot. This wastes quite a lot of water though. I suppose I could do what someone suggested, collect the water and then tip it back in the tank.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I will stop washing for a month!!!!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back