Tracker FB or RB (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Hi
we went to the NEC show a couple of weeks ago and were quite taken with the FB/RB layouts.
Any feedback on the benefits/downsides of these or indeed the Tracker as a model appreciated.
Are Autotrail worth the extra over other UK MH of similar design?
Ta

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We had Tracker on our tug. Not sure now which one. It was supposed to kick in when the van moved, no chance.......It cost £100 per year for the monitoring service, money not well spent, thinks I. Kicked it into touch after three years. The alarms are great, but if the monitoring service is crap, then it's a waste of money.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We had Tracker on our tug. Not sure now which one. It was supposed to kick in when the van moved, no chance.......It cost £100 per year for the monitoring service, money not well spent, thinks I. Kicked it into touch after three years. The alarms are great, but if the monitoring service is crap, then it's a waste of money.
Tootles, I think he means the Autotrail Tracker as in the Tracker Range of Motorhomes and not vehicle trackers such as Cobra. A/T ranges are, V-line, Imala, Tracker, Apache and Frontier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have a FB (The RB was not sold when we bought it). The layout is great. Suits us (a retired couple) down to the ground.

But would now wish for a bit more room in the loo area and better build quality as lots of bits have fallen off or broken.

The Fiat bit has been good as gold and no problem at all.

The payload is pretty small and I am sure we often run slightly overloaded.

As for whether this is worth extra over other UK models. When I buy another motorhome it will probably be made in Germany and definitely mainland Europe.

Hope this helps (y)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
we went to the NEC show a couple of weeks ago and were quite taken with the FB/RB layouts.
Any feedback on the benefits/downsides of these or indeed the Tracker as a model appreciated.
Ta
Hi, can't answer the question regarding the Tracker, but I had my heart set on a Bessacarr 462 with u-shaped rear lounge then looked at the Autotrail Imala 625 and preferred that model to the Bessacarr. However, eventually settled on the Imala 615, total change of mind so really glad I went to the show. The A/T interior was more comfortable and in some cases more practical than the Bessacarr and it was no contest in the end.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Tootles, I think he means the Autotrail Tracker as in the Tracker Range of Motorhomes and not vehicle trackers such as Cobra. A/T ranges are, V-line, Imala, Tracker, Apache and Frontier.
Thanks Steve, my cock-up........:blush::blush:

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
I thanks - sorry for the confusion - I did mean Autotrail although like you I have had mixed experiences with a Cobra Tracker too :)

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi, can't answer the question regarding the Tracker, but I had my heart set on a Bessacarr 462 with u-shaped rear lounge then looked at the Autotrail Imala 625 and preferred that model to the Bessacarr. However, eventually settled on the Imala 615, total change of mind so really glad I went to the show. The A/T interior was more comfortable and in some cases more practical than the Bessacarr and it was no contest in the end.
Thanks - we'll probably go to the show in February too and sit around in a few layouts again. The Autotrail interior does seem plusher but at what cost...
As an Aberdonian I count my pennied :)

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
We have a FB (The RB was not sold when we bought it). The layout is great. Suits us (a retired couple) down to the ground.

But would now wish for a bit more room in the loo area and better build quality as lots of bits have fallen off or broken.

The Fiat bit has been good as gold and no problem at all.

The payload is pretty small and I am sure we often run slightly overloaded.

As for whether this is worth extra over other UK models. When I buy another motorhome it will probably be made in Germany and definitely mainland Europe.

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks very much - concerned about bits falling off but some of the other units at the show looked very flimsy too.
Regards continental designs we decided that the dinette seating area that they all seem to have doesnt suit us.
Payload we'll have to look into although the RB is 4250 I think.
Regards
Bill

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
We'll definitely have a nosey at Imala although not sure if their layout is right for us.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks - we'll probably go to the show in February too and sit around in a few layouts again. The Autotrail interior does seem plusher but at what cost...
As an Aberdonian I count my pennied :)

Another Aberdonian in the club :) Good luck with your choice.

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
We'll definitely have a nosey at Imala although not sure if their layout is right for us.
Having just looked the 715 looks good - appreciate your feedback on the Imala - I take it you haven't got it yet?
Regards ABZ we are still closer to LHR and wont be back up nort for a couple of years yet - just researching.....

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have an FB Tracker last years model from new, lots of cupboard doors come loose as only short screws into ply being a chippy I re fixed with bolts etc,we have done over 12000 miles in our and love it just the two of us and the two dogs.I had to uprate though as couldn't distribute weight evenly across both axles now it's done no problems cost a bit though but we don't want to change the van any time soon.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Have had our FB just under a year, done 7500 miles to date trouble free in the Fiat side. As previously posted short screw fixings are a pain but solvable if necessary, all other minor snags fixed with a smile by dealer Premier Motorhomes. also updated to 3750 to get reasonable payload.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Having just looked the 715 looks good - appreciate your feedback on the Imala - I take it you haven't got it yet?
Regards ABZ we are still closer to LHR and wont be back up nort for a couple of years yet - just researching.....
Hopefully get delivery late March, early April :)

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
We have an FB Tracker last years model from new, lots of cupboard doors come loose as only short screws into ply being a chippy I re fixed with bolts etc,we have done over 12000 miles in our and love it just the two of us and the two dogs.I had to uprate though as couldn't distribute weight evenly across both axles now it's done no problems cost a bit though but we don't want to change the van any time soon.

Have had our FB just under a year, done 7500 miles to date trouble free in the Fiat side. As previously posted short screw fixings are a pain but solvable if necessary, all other minor snags fixed with a smile by dealer Premier Motorhomes. also updated to 3750 to get reasonable payload.
Thanks guys - some of the new MH at the NEC had squeaky doors which hints at poor build quality - they weren't Autotrail though - dont mind doing a little DIY if the end result is worth it

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Went there many times back in the 90's with the caravan, nice wee site and Golf Course. Enjoy.

Sunsets Unlimited.

Free Member
Oct 17, 2014
No fixed abode.
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Cheyenne 840D
Exp
Since 2009

Sorry to say it but yes he does mean Auto-trail Tracker not as in, Tracker to get you home.

Sunsets Unlimited.

Free Member
Oct 17, 2014
No fixed abode.
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Cheyenne 840D
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
Ta

Had out Auto-trail Cheyenne for five and a half years and wouldn't change it for the World. Space, Pace and Grace.

Shushhhh. U know who. :coolest:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back