Rally Chat How do you fancy... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Mo,

still keen to join you but June is too far away to decide & I am not sure about parking on grass but if 2015 is very dry it might be OK.

So, not wanting to make a promise that may get broken, I shall follow this thread and, if you sell out, I could book direct with Bagwell and join in with your frolics if allowed.

Would not want to fish and we have a TOAD so minibus not needed either.

Whatever our final decision thank you for your efforts, good luck with the event and hope to meet you down the road.

Hil & Phil

Hi, Hil & Phil..

I am going to have a word with Bagwell Farm This morning and ask if they will do a bit of a deal on price for those that are not sure about getting on & off the rally field..

They assure me it is usually OK,,,,,, but never say never..

If you come,,,, toad will be no problem, (I am Taking mine) it`s a big field..

As soon as I have spoken to Bagwell Farm I will post the result on here.. (y)

PS.......... No numbers limit on how many come..... just let me know at some point.. (y)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi, Hil & Phil..

I am going to have a word with Bagwell Farm This morning and ask if they will do a bit of a deal on price .PS.......... No numbers limit on how many come..... just let me know at some point..
Up a bit early this morning Mo............you off fishing or did the hour get to you .:giggler:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Up a bit early this morning Mo............you off fishing or did the hour get to you .:giggler:

Heard a bang and thought my lad had taken a tumble... :( But think he just closed a door a bit heavily..

Did go back and get a couple of hours.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Good Morning..

It`s arranged... Rally From Monday 15th June till Monday 22nd of June.. (We have to leave)..
If any one wants to stay longer they will have to book direct with the site "Bagwell Farm" and move off the rally field up to general camping... (Please note there are no site fee discounts if you do this.)..

The rally field is relatively level, but wheel ramps may be needed.. It is on a 4 acre field with Water, Elsan disposal, and 24 EHU.. which is being given on a first come first served basis.... although I will be taking a couple of generators to run during the day for any one who needs a battery top up..

The discounted cost for Rally goer`s is With EHU = £13-50 a night,,, without EHU = £10-50 a night..

Should enough interest be shown I will book a 16 seater self drive mini bus to do a couple trips.
There is a bus stop just down the road from the site entrance which goes to Weymouth Town Centre and down to Exeter the other way..
The Sea fishing trip I will also book at least one cat in the next few days.. (Weymouth Charter boat`s tend to get booked up many months in advance) ...

Flaming June..... hopefully the weather will be kind and a few Bar-B-Q`s and get togethers.. and the usual Sunday Bacon Roll get together, Also a Soup & Roll get together one lunch time, A Cheese and Wine party one evening, And a Evening Fresh Fish Bar-B-Q from the days catch. (Fishing Trip)..

They have had Caravan rally`s on this field with up to 40-45 units... so till I have taken a drive (In the new year) up to have a look.... we are limiting it to 45 unit`s, once I have been there may be more.. as said it is on a 4 acre field...

Regarding "Heavy" RV`s....... the ground should be OK in June,,,, but if you own a big RV and want to come it may be worth booking one of their hard standing pitches in the main camp site... Only problem there is they will NOT give discount for our rally, and they get snapped up pretty quickly..

Most will be at the "Stratford Show"... which I didn`t realise was on the same weekend.. Sorry.

This is the up to date list, please let me know of any alterations.. Thanks.. (y)

1. Old Mo ............... EHU, but will give it up.
2. Duxdeluxe ............... EHU, but will give it up.
3. Cutfinger ............... EHU.
4. The Mogs ............... EHU.
5. Judgemental ............... EHU.
6. Kat N Lewis ............... EHU.
7. Debs ............... EHU.
8. Cruiser ............... EHU
9. Dryad ............... EHU.
10. Kaybee ............... EHU.
11. Pat1951 ............... EHU.
12. Philip1946
13. Gerri19 ............... EHU.
14. Mousey
15. Simple
16. Tremybach
17. Clive ............... EHU, But will give it up.
18. Tonka
19. Electraglide
20. Just Looking
21. Chris
22. Ambilkate
23. Jollyroger
24. The Big1 ............... EHU.
25. Jay
26. Daz N Tina
27. Wildge .............. EHU.
28. DawnB
29. Cydersyd
30. Toledo
31. TheonlySue
32. Poppi
33. Sunrise Explorer
34. SOS
35. Quickweh
36. Rangitira .............. EHU.

Hopefully I have that all correct, please shout if not..:rolleyes::)

Thanks.

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mo,
I suggest you take me off the list ( to make room for someone else the same as I have said for Jez & Lin do ) as my handle says I'm a bit of a fidget never stay any where more 3 nights . Nearer to the time I will PM you for your mobile number, and when we are likely to be near or thinking of visiting for a couple nights I will ring and ask if there's room .Hope you can understand what I mean.
Terry FIDGET.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Done... Thanks for letting me know.. (y)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Good Morning..

It`s arranged... Rally From Monday 15th June till Monday 22nd of June.. (We have to leave)..
If any one wants to stay longer they will have to book direct with the site "Bagwell Farm" and move off the rally field up to general camping... (Please note there are no site fee discounts if you do this.)..

The rally field is relatively level, but wheel ramps may be needed.. It is on a 4 acre field with Water, Elsan disposal, and 24 EHU.. which is being given on a first come first served basis.... although I will be taking a couple of generators to run during the day for any one who needs a battery top up..

The discounted cost for Rally goer`s is With EHU = £13-50 a night,,, without EHU = £10-50 a night..

Should enough interest be shown I will book a 16 seater self drive mini bus to do a couple trips.
There is a bus stop just down the road from the site entrance which goes to Weymouth Town Centre and down to Exeter the other way..
The Sea fishing trip I will also book at least one cat in the next few days.. (Weymouth Charter boat`s tend to get booked up many months in advance) ...

Flaming June..... hopefully the weather will be kind and a few Bar-B-Q`s and get togethers.. and the usual Sunday Bacon Roll get together, Also a Soup & Roll get together one lunch time, A Cheese and Wine party one evening, And a Evening Fresh Fish Bar-B-Q from the days catch. (Fishing Trip)..

They have had Caravan rally`s on this field with up to 40-45 units... so till I have taken a drive (In the new year) up to have a look.... we are limiting it to 45 unit`s, once I have been there may be more.. as said it is on a 4 acre field...

Regarding "Heavy" RV`s....... the ground should be OK in June,,,, but if you own a big RV and want to come it may be worth booking one of their hard standing pitches in the main camp site... Only problem there is they will NOT give discount for our rally, and they get snapped up pretty quickly..

Most will be at the "Stratford Show"... which I didn`t realise was on the same weekend.. Sorry.

This is the up to date list, please let me know of any alterations.. Thanks.. (y)

1. Old Mo ............... EHU, but will give it up.
2. Duxdeluxe ............... EHU, but will give it up.
3. Cutfinger ............... EHU.
4. The Mogs ............... EHU.
5. Judgemental ............... EHU.
6. Kat N Lewis ............... EHU.
7. Debs ............... EHU.
8. Cruiser ............... EHU
9. Dryad ............... EHU.
10. Kaybee ............... EHU.
11. Pat1951 ............... EHU.
12. Philip1946
13. Gerri19 ............... EHU.
14. Mousey
15. Simple
16. Tremybach
17. Clive ............... EHU, But will give it up.
18. Tonka
19. Electraglide
20. Just Looking
21. Chris
22. Ambilkate
23. Jollyroger
24. The Big1 ............... EHU.
25. Jay
26. Daz N Tina
28. DawnB
30. Toledo
31. TheonlySue
32. Poppi
33. Sunrise Explorer
34. SOS
35. Quickweh
36. Rangitira .............. EHU.

Hopefully I have that all correct, please shout if not..:rolleyes::)

Thanks.

:crying1::crying1::crying1:
SHOUT SHOUT ........... AND SHOUT AGAIN !
was it something we've said :oops2::oops2::oops2:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Add us to the list please Old-Mo, no Leccy needed if the sun shines.

Done..... in slot 29.... (y)

:crying1::crying1::crying1:
SHOUT SHOUT ........... AND SHOUT AGAIN !
was it something we've said :oops2::oops2::oops2:

"Sorry"........... I was sure I read some where you and Rekerley were going some where else.. :whistle::D
Your back in number 27... (y)

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Bobby22 thanks for the advice about PM, PP and Conversations - I used to understand but since it changed I do find it harder to navigate although the ability to view post without opening it is helpful.

Just been trying to find a list of all members as I see Mo has got Philip1946 down to attend and I have sort of taken a 'rain cheque'. Are there 2 of us with very similar handles?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Bobby22 thanks for the advice about PM, PP and Conversations - I used to understand but since it changed I do find it harder to navigate although the ability to view post without opening it is helpful.

Just been trying to find a list of all members as I see Mo has got Philip1946 down to attend and I have sort of taken a 'rain cheque'. Are there 2 of us with very similar handles?

No........ Not another one.....

I will take you Off.. Next time I update the list..

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Unfortunately as the rally is now in June we will not be able to make it as Dave will be back at work..
Jay

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Unfortunately as the rally is now in June we will not be able to make it as Dave will be back at work..
Jay

Sorry you cant make it, :( but thanks for letting me know..

I will take you off next time I update the list..(y)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi can we put our names down sounds like good fun something to look forward to.
many thanks mike and jan.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi can we put our names down sounds like good fun something to look forward to.
many thanks mike and jan.

Hi Mike & Jan.. I will add you to the list in a day or so when I update the list..

Do you require EHU..?

Welcome aboard.. (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Only just spotted this! Sounds really good so please put us down with EHU as a possible - won't know for certain how many nights we can do yet as don't have dates for our sons exams or know how much leave from work will be allowed. Hope that's ok?

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Reading through all posts and a little worried my tiny Daisy the daihatsu/romahome will be a miniature compared the giants of the motorhome world ( she is even tinier than a bongo lol)
This will be my first FUN meet so please be gentle :rolleyes:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
We'll come as its just down the road from us We'll only be able to stay for about 2-3 days over the weekend & yes we would want EHU

Last edited:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Right Lady`s & Gentlemen... Done a bit of chasing round and the only one that can take upwards of 20 unit`s is Bagwell Farm..

Been in touch with "Bagwell Farm".. ( http://www.bagwellfarm.co.uk/ )

What I have thought is we hold a rally here from Monday 16th of June till Monday the 22nd of June, for 7 night`s.. (y)

Flaming June... :rolleyes::D

My thinking is depart for the Dorset Norden Farm Rally with Jez & Lin on the Monday morning, or if you are not going to that one where ever..

Cost for each night is without EHU = £10-50.
Cost with EHU = £13-50.
Which is a good few quid off their normal tarrifs..

It will be on the second rally field, as the first one has some sort of vintage/veteran war rally (Could be interesting. )

There is water, and Elsan point and limited number of EHU`s (24). So will be on a first come basis..

We have the use of their new Shower/WC facility`s.... And I will check to see if the "Red Barn bar/restaurant" is open.. (I have a feeling it is)..

Sunday morning they have a large "Car Boot Sale" up in the field by the main entrance . (Couple of hundred yards away)..

Why did I change the date.. ? The rally field through the winter can get wet, and April and possibly May could cause problems,,,, but has always been OK in June onwards..

I have to let them know by Sunday, as the rally fields being so popular get booked up..

What do we think.. ?

If feasible I will start a list in the "Rally`s" section.... this is just to get an idea of who and how many would like to go/come..

Thanks..(y)

Too late in the year for us to make plans yet so unlikely that we can come.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Wombles & Joncris... I will update list on Sunday along with the others.. (y)

Poppi..... does not matter how big or small you are you will be made most welcome.. even in a tent.. :D all good things come in little packages.. (y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo
Would you add us to your list no ehu needed, dont let the pic confuse you double vision
S&D:ROFLMAO:

Will do on Sunday, Steve........... Be good to see you again.. (y)

Hope you are not going to have yours all polished up like last time and show me up...:(

That`s the only reason I moved away from you... ;):D

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Wombles & Joncris... I will update list on Sunday along with the others.. (y)

Poppi..... does not matter how big or small you are you will be made most welcome.. even in a tent.. :D all good things come in little packages.. (y)

Its only the camper thats little lol I'm certainly NOT ;)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi, Dawn B (No. 28) asked for EHU, it's been missed off. Can give it up if needed. :)

Hi, Mike.............. I had you down for EHU but not Dawn.. on occassion she has been nasty to me.. ;):D

Will do it on Sunday.. (y) Was down on my paper list, but not on here.. :doh:

(Quote) Armytwowheels.

Hi Mo

Can you put us down too please - Sandra & Colin. No EHU needed.

Will make a nice break a week here then on to Jez and Lins do.
.......................................................................................................................

Will do on Sunday.. Thanks.. (y)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi there Mo,
Please could you add us to the list it will be great to do both Rallies (y) No EHU needed

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi there Mo,
Please could you add us to the list it will be great to do both Rallies (y) No EHU needed

Will be a pleasure, and be good to catch up with you again...

You will have a good few little helpers hot on your heals after to give you a hand at Norden... really looking forwards to it..(y)

Same BOoootiful weather as last year "Please".. (y):D

Put you on the list Sunday, and Thanks.. (y)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Hi, Mike.............. I had you down for EHU but not Dawn.. on occassion she has been nasty to me.. ;):D

Will do it on Sunday.. (y) Was down on my paper list, but not on here.. :doh:

(Quote) Armytwowheels.

Hi Mo

Can you put us down too please - Sandra & Colin. No EHU needed.

Will make a nice break a week here then on to Jez and Lins do.
.......................................................................................................................

Will do on Sunday.. Thanks.. (y)

when?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

I will get my secretary to have a look back through the post`s,,,, I will be very surprised if she cannot find some slur on my imppecable character... ;):ROFLMAO:

I am sure Duxdeluxe PM`d me and said you had... ;):LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back