LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Start from the beginning and don't miss anything out :)

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
I was under the impression that one had to be a MHF member to access the 'singles' site. Obviously I'm wrong but I think it's a shame if all and sundry can join the singles group if they haven't subscribed to MHF in the first instance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I was under the impression that one had to be a MHF member to access the 'singles' site. Obviously I'm wrong but I think it's a shame if all and sundry can join the singles group if they haven't subscribed to MHF in the first instance.
Its not a MHF site, just the same owner. Its a site where like minded people can perhaps get together. :)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Two different things. You are correct about the singles group on here. This thread is about a completely separate site. The only connection with FUN is that Jim runs both sites.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Oops, echo!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

This site I believe is completely separate from Motorhome Fun, I think Jim is running it by the Funsters to get the feedback, seems like a good idea for folk who wish to travel with someone else for company.

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
cal54 Thank you for the invite. As you say, it is rather a long way but I will certainly think about it. I will look up the site you mention and check on the mileage from Taunton. I could probably take a stopover half way if I find it necessary but I have driven 300 miles in one day while on the continent in 2012. Mind you, I did make several stops for the inevitable cup of coffee. LOL
Mahdeene

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well I think Jim must be getting the message through two echo's. :blush:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
cal54 Thank you for the invite. As you say, it is rather a long way but I will certainly think about it. I will look up the site you mention and check on the mileage from Taunton. I could probably take a stopover half way if I find it necessary but I have driven 300 miles in one day while on the continent in 2012. Mind you, I did make several stops for the inevitable cup of coffee. LOL
Mahdeene
Forgive me, my knowledge of southern England is limited unless its a well known resort , but Clive is coming from the south, could you possibly have a stopover meet with him?

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
irnbru - Who is Clive and where in the South will he be coming from?

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
ok, he's a funster, but where in the south will he be coming from? I have just looked up the distance from Taunton to Garstang 241.92 miles, 4hrs. If Clive lives somewhere in Somerset, Devon or Cornwall, we could meet at my daughters campsite in Taunton and travel together.

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
Sorry irnbur, just re-read your reply and saw Essex. That, of course is Brighton area (South East) but we could still arrange to meet up somewhere along the way. Long time to go yet though, so we could arrange details later when we decide future plans.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sorry irnbur, just re-read your reply and saw Essex. That, of course is Brighton area (South East) but we could still arrange to meet up somewhere along the way. Long time to go yet though, so we could arrange details later when we decide future plans.
Yes not a problem, at some point we both have to get on the M25. I never drive more than 2:30 at a time, normally 2, then I need a brew and to stretch my legs (y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Mahdeene: I hope you are able to join us, if so that will make 7 of us at this stage and we could seriously consider going ahead and booking our pitches with the hope that other solos might join us if there is availability at the site.
As mentioned in my previous posts this is a meet and not a rally, therefore it will be up to individuals to make their own booking direct , and to guarantee a pitch we should be doing this sooner or later.
Do you attend any of the outdoor shows and camp with Funsters, as the Peterborough show is the following weekend and perhaps you could make a weeks holiday out of your trip - just a thought.
Carol

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
still trying to sign up but it wont accept, every time i type my name, it keeps leaving a gap between the letters, then it keeps asking for a valid email adress,:(

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Clearly the site will attract mostly single people. But I'm anxious that is not looked upon as a dating site as the reputation they have a is dire and they attract a lot of unwanted attention from crooks and and time-waters. It is said that 60% of dating profiles are scammers preying on the unsuspecting. Every member, while not 'vetted' will be checked that they are who they say they are and are located where they say they are.

This is one of the things that I like about the new site, being a bit more happy with who the others are in threads etc., you may be surprised to know, well some anyway, that there are funsters who have more than one log in name this will be a lot more difficult to do with the new checks I believe will be done when signing up. But takes time and time is money. If I am looking to meet up with others, to just be company while travelling or being on the same site for a meet I would like to keep the details between us as much as possible and not others adding their own life stories or any Woo’s the newspapers may be peddling. Things go off subject very quickly on fun, which can be a laugh but also annoying. So I am happy to give it ago and see.
Steve

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
Hi Carol, I have been to Peterborough just once (many years ago) and did not enjoy the journey but, having said that, I went by car and did not have the comfort and facilities of my motorhome. My daughter and son-in-law attend most of the motorhome shows (recently the NEC) as exhibitors (Vanbitz). I will have to leave this decision until next year because I substitute for our Campsite Wardens when they have time off and at this early stage I don't know their plans. Eddie and Lynda (daughter and son-in-law) have suggested that I hold a meet here in Taunton at our Campsite (Cornish Farm Touring Park) some time next year but I think it's a bit early to think along those lines. Perhaps other Funsters would like to give me some feedback as to how they feel about a meet in Taunton and at what time of the year they prefer. We are located in the countryside just two miles from town.
Eve

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi Carol, I have been to Peterborough just once (many years ago) and did not enjoy the journey but, having said that, I went by car and did not have the comfort and facilities of my motorhome. My daughter and son-in-law attend most of the motorhome shows (recently the NEC) as exhibitors (Vanbitz). I will have to leave this decision until next year because I substitute for our Campsite Wardens when they have time off and at this early stage I don't know their plans. Eddie and Lynda (daughter and son-in-law) have suggested that I hold a meet here in Taunton at our Campsite (Cornish Farm Touring Park) some time next year but I think it's a bit early to think along those lines. Perhaps other Funsters would like to give me some feedback as to how they feel about a meet in Taunton and at what time of the year they prefer. We are located in the countryside just two miles from town.
Eve

We are up for that just say when! Any weekend is OK for us

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
[Quote: Eddie and Lynda (daughter and son-in-law) have suggested that I hold a meet here in Taunton at our Campsite (Cornish Farm Touring Park) some time next year but I think it's a bit early to think along those lines. Perhaps other Funsters would like to give me some feedback as to how they feel about a meet in Taunton and at what time of the year they prefer. We are located in the countryside just two miles from town.
Eve[/QUOTE]
Mahdeene: I certainly like the idea of a meet at Cornish Farms and I would anticipate others would too.
The great thing about this site is the knowledge and feedback you get from people and it is obvious that Eddie is well thought of. Personally I would be happy to visit anytime as I would probably try and make the stay part of a holiday. I wonder if either side of the Malvern show are options, just because a lot of people are part way - especially us northerners! Anyway as said any time of year is fine with me, if nothing on the calendar I would be there.
I hope you can make it to Garstang but fully appreciate it is too soon to commit.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Eddie and Lynda (daughter and son-in-law) have suggested that I hold a meet here in Taunton at our Campsite (Cornish Farm Touring Park)
Definitely up for that - Taunton is 'on the way' to almost anywhere for us! (also of course 'on the way home') - or are you maybe thinking of a 'singles' meet? - in that case I just might come on my own-io!

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
Well, what a nice response from you all. I will check with Eddie and Lynda to see when they have 'Rallys' on site as there are 3 that are regulars. I wouldn't want to book pitches before checking because we wouldn't be able to stay together meaning we would have to take whatever is available - most likely on grass but all pitches have hook-up. Maybe Spring would be a nice time hoping the weather is kind to us. CWH No, I won't mind at all if couples come as well. I haven't met anyone yet from MHF, apart from Bill and Sian who are very friendly with Eddie and Lynda, so it would be nice to get acquainted with everyone who would like to join us. I look forward to hearing from more Funsters.
Eve

Mahdeene

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
20 years +
PS: No problem if you have a pet. We have 2 German Shepherds who go everywhere with Lynda and Eddie.

PPS: My apologies to Jim. I said Bill by mistake.

muzo48

Free Member
Nov 26, 2014
TYRKEY
Funster No
MH
Don`t own yet
Exp
I`m newbie
Hi, I am new to this site, not own motorhome yet, me and my wife want to travel to South France next year, and would love if we can get any opportunity to join couple who own motorhome, so that we can have good chance to experince such dirrent travel, kindly, we`ll be happy if any one can guide us how to find addresses and contact others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back