Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
So today I went to my local dealers (Marquis) just having a look around, the strangest thing happened, I wasn't approached by a single salesperson, didn't even see a salesperson. Is this normal??

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
The one and only time we went to our local Marquis, I'm convinced they took one look at our battered old car, and decided we wouldn't be able to afford anything. They never stepped out of the office! Needless to say we've never been back!

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I think they must hide. I wanted to see in a elddis 180. finely found a sales person. but would not come out of office.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
I always thought salesmen were paid commission rather than a salary, they must be earning too much if they can afford to ignore potential customers!

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
So today I went to my local dealers (Marquis) just having a look around, the strangest thing happened, I wasn't approached by a single salesperson, didn't even see a salesperson. Is this normal??

In a nutshell, no Ruth but Marquis (De Sade) had a large number of 'sales executives' at the NEC so the chances are the 'A'Team were on leave post NEC . In my opinion you were lucky, but then I am a bitter and twisted former Marquis dupe/ customer/sucker/mark/gullible git/ enter terminology of choice here. :cry:

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have wandered around Marquis Tewkesbury three times now without seeing a salesman once........

Went to their open day on Friday to see the new Benimars they had said would be there. They were not there so it was a wasted journey (we were looking for motorhomes with a garage and they didn't have a single one on show), but we did get one of their goody bags, which was nice. However, apart from a pencil, a pen and a pad, all that was in there was a tax disc holder. This years must have! (not).

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
clearing out the office. send it back to them. without a stamp. so they pay to take it back.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
have wandered around Marquis Tewkesbury three times now without seeing a salesman once........

Yes it was Tewksbury i went to on Saturday, lots of customers, no salespeople. People wandered around looking, then left

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
If you fancy a trip down the M5 a bit - have a look around Chelstons - lots of vans and a big shop with lots of goodies! I have found the staff there very good!
http://m.chelstononline.co.uk

Its funny you should say that, after my experience in Tewksbury yesterday, I decided to expand my search. So Thank you

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had our Bessie from Marquis at Billing Aquadrome. The MoHos are kept locked for obvious reasons but if you go and find someone they'll open it up for you. As it happened there was a guy in the van we liked the look off replacing a part they'd borrowed from it for a previously 'Sold' van, he actually gave us the keys and told us to lock up when we'd finished ...... it was hemmed in so you couldn't have driven it away but had you had a screwdriver you could have 'borrowed' stuff yourself - or of course caused damage.

You can see why they don't do it.

I'd say to anyone actually genuinely interested in buying a van but a bit stuck for which sort to go to one of the Shows and find where the 'Fun' gang are parked. Instant demo of all sorts of makes and models - no questions about motorhoming classed as 'daft' - if you don't know something then ASK about it !

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
We've just bought our first new to us 'van from Continental Leisure, Cross Hands South Wakes. Very helpful,not too pushy! Good after sales back up and very friendly!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back