Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
I had a canon eos 350d for a few years, brilliant camera but I found that I used it less and less because it was so bulky to carry around, two lenses body etc, plus I never really used it to its full potential so I have just sold and bought a used Panasonic TZ40 which I am very pleased with. It takes great pictures and video, has a good zoom, gps,wifi so I can control it from my phone, this is great for self inclusion shots (no panicking with self timer) and remote picture taking, good for catching shots where me being there may frighten off the subject, wildlife etc. good battery life on the rechargable battery and best of all it fits in my trouser pocket.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Thank you Jim! (y) It's my main reason for getting a camper sorted! Had enough of sleeping in the car, & the wife is no longer happy with us towing!
Smashing photos Mike. Get that camper sorted and join the FUN. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I have just purchased the Lumix TZ70 not had time to test it properly,i hope its a good un':)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
I have two Lumix cameras as well as a Nikon DSLR. The Lumix is great but I found if you are using the digital zoom in low light you may find some loss of definition.

Kath

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Sony kit for us, currently I use a DSC-R1 and Rita has a DSC-WX5.

My hands are large, so tiny cameras are out, the DSC-R1 is a bit of a rarity with a short production life, but it ticks the boxes for me.

It is a lump, just over a kg in weight but has a Carl Zeiss lens as have the previous three cameras I had, and takes the same battery pack as the DSC-F828 and the DSC-F717 which preceded it.

Rita's little camera is a real gem, bigger screen than my lump but takes excellent pictures.

Cameras are such a personal thing that it is difficult to see what others see in their cameras, but I have been very well served by Sony products. We have all of the cameras we bought, still, back to the Mavica models.

Before digital I had a pair of Contax bodies with three lenses, 50, 135 and 300mm.

Peter

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Slightly over your price range but I have the Canon Powershot G16 as a small compact camera for places like festivals where I can't have my usual DSLR (EOS 5D Mk3) and I have to say for basic point and shoot everyday pictures it is very nearly as good! All the normal DSLR features and settings, 20X zoom and built in Wifi as well. Without a doubt the best compact I've ever used, well worth spending the extra £50 or £60

Just looked at G16-seems to only have 5x zoom-do you have link to 20x zoom model?

Deleted User
An advantage with a DSLR is that you can use filters on the lens. I have found recently that using a circular polarising filter can make a big difference when photographing scenes involving water as it will filter out reflections

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back