How much does your motorhome cost to run per mile (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Based on 4k miles a year and £2k depreciation, cost per mile including insurance and VED is 91.6 pence per mile.

A total of £3665 a year!

However, bearing in mind skiing for 4 can cost over £5K at half term in February and we pay just £1600, the savings on that holiday alone wipe out the running costs!

The other holidays cost next to nothing as a result!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We are out for one night this saterday a as normal last minute dot com thing
Of for a daft night at some random site near selby that Elaine's lunatic tugger sister has booked
Checked over supply's
1 pair undys
1 tee shirt
1 pair socks
12 cans fosters
12 cans cider
1 bottle of Cubans finest
2 steaks
I pack weetabix
I have forget any thing

I always keep 14 sets of underpants and socks permanently in the MH. I think once a fortnights plenty for washing and it makes sure I don't forget them. Never forget the booze though.

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I always keep 14 sets of underpants and socks permanently in the MH. I think once a fortnights plenty for washing and it makes sure I don't forget them. Never forget the booze though.
14 pairs of socks and pants. That's a whole years supply for Bertie and Tootles (y)Factor in the "turning inside out" routine, then the "back to front" routine, then the "swop with ya buddies" routine and that's just for the pants:clap2:

Socks are the same, swop feet, inside out, swop again, then swop with ya buddies too::bigsmile:

All in all I'd say you're self sufficient for the year!!:rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
As a newbie to this I'm currently at £6000 per night and £100 per mile :Eeek:
This should hopefully improve I'm the coming months
It's going the wrong way! I'm now at around £6500 per night. Damn you Baz :(

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I have to say that since we bought our first motorhome about 15yrs ago we have never really paid much attention to the running cost of them.i think that just owning a motorhome and knowing that you can just up and away at any time to any where far outweighs the concern about running costs.i think that Dave (snowbird) ,s philosophy is brilliant YOLO.:LOL:.just keep on motorhoming and enjoying the freedom that you have while you can.
brian and jo

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
This is our first MH and to be honest I've made a point of not checking mpg, it is what it is :0

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Don't know, don't wanna know but if we didn't have the MH we would have flown at least 3 times, spent around 5 or 6k and had nowhere near as much fun.

Did 3 countries in June, didn't stop grinning from start to finish, had to abandon a trip to France last week due to a med's problem, went to Norfolk and Essex instead, didn't stop grinning.

Hymie.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
More it does the cheaper per mile, bit like my friends Cessna 150 he doesn't use it much and the fixed costs put it at about £750 per hour but he cannot sell it as no one wants to buy one of those now.
I just put in the fuel and go as far as I can at the most economical speed to get about 28 mpg but then I think back my Ford Anglia did well, to get 30 mpg back in the 60's and it only did 75 mph flat out. My van weighs 4 ton and does almost that and I can live in it anywhere I want to

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I think if what it costs you to use it is likely to be a problem for you. you shouldn't buy one in the first place!

But if you already have it - all it does sitting parked wherever not being used - is lose money!

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Brilliant replies and thanks to all :)

The only costs I took into account, were those that keep me on the road, so tax, insurance, mot, tyres etc :)

I'd never want to add the fuel, site costs etc, cos I don't care. I love the life, love the motorhome, love the people I meet and adventures it brings me :)

I'm sitting on the South Coast and having a lazy morning in bed. I'll get up....eventually and go find somewhere for lunch and a posh coffee :)

Wonder how many have parked their MH up already?? :)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Brilliant replies and thanks to all :)

The only costs I took into account, were those that keep me on the road, so tax, insurance, mot, tyres etc :)

I'd never want to add the fuel, site costs etc, cos I don't care. I love the life, love the motorhome, love the people I meet and adventures it brings me :)

I'm sitting on the South Coast and having a lazy morning in bed. I'll get up....eventually and go find somewhere for lunch and a posh coffee :)

Wonder how many have parked their MH up already?? :)
In all the years I have owned a motorhome I have never parked one up. I have also never had the chore of draining one down. Next winter will be a whole new experience for me when I have to drain down. I will be asking questions on how its done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back