caergeiliog

Free Member
Oct 21, 2014
uk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 4 berth
Exp
Since taking early retirement on Jan 1st 2014, we found ourselves with lots of time on our hands, so............. we decided to purchased our first motorhome and we purchased a new Elddis Autoquest 195SE which was delivered on the 1st March this year and as such, we decided to go and visit our son.

Visiting our son was easier said than done as he works in Gibraltar, nevertheless, a week later we found ourself parked just outside the Gib/Spanish border.

We had a great time down in Andalucia, the weather was great, regrettably after 6 weeks we had to return via France due to a close family illness.

Well winter is nearly here again and we've decided to catch the Portsmouth-> Santander ferry on the 15th Nov with the intention in staying down in Southern Spain for @ 4 months.

If I can assist with anybody with regards to the route, overnight stops etc please let me know.

Best regards
to all

Caergeiliog

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
hello and welcome to the house of fun. nice to see you picked an elddis. I have had one for 24 years,

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

caergeiliog

Free Member
Oct 21, 2014
uk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 4 berth
Exp
Guess the older Elddis motorhomes were built to last.

The quality control at the factory on this 2014 model is very, very poor, with numerous ongoing problems, the majority of which just are due to lack of attention/unskilled workforce.
I'm in contact with 2 other users who purchased the same model at the same time and they both are very critical on the build quality.

Meanwhile, the Peugot base is terrific, runs like a dream!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

caergeiliog

Free Member
Oct 21, 2014
uk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 4 berth
Exp
Hi Janine,

Many thanks for your warm welcome.

We look forward to enjoying being a member of the Fun!

Best regards

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sorry to hear that. we can not complain ours still looks great inside and out. and still runs well. we hope yours gets better.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
We bought a new Elddis Aspire 265 from the show last year - not delivered until May this year and we have now had 2 trips to France 9including a 2 week holiday) and we have used it in the Uk for every week bar two since that time. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it so far. It is a great van.

This compares with 1 secondhand Sprite caravan, 2 new Adria caravans, 1 new Monza, 2 new Baileys, 2 new Sterlings all of which (with the notable exception of both Adrias) had numerous faults and many of which were never properly addressed by the dealers. One of the Sterlings was found to have so much damp at the first service that it required a complete new side and some front, rear and floor panels replacing!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
it just goes to show that there is still some good new ones. we hope yours can be brought up to standard.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Well winter is nearly here again and we've decided to catch the Portsmouth-> Santander ferry on the 15th Nov with the intention in staying down in Southern Spain for @ 4 months.

If I can assist with anybody with regards to the route, overnight stops etc please let me know.

Best regards
to all

Caergeiliog

If you want to avoid the built up bits of the coast, we found Cabo de Gata is a lovely stop for a long term stay in Spain. We stayed at Camping Cabo de Gata near Ruescas, handy for Antonio's restaurant . ...the best paella in the known universe.
Which was your favourite site?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

caergeiliog

Free Member
Oct 21, 2014
uk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 4 berth
Exp
Thanks for the update on Cabo DE Gata; looked at their website, it looks really nice and Antonia's fare sounds pretty delicious!

We ended up wild camping for free at differing locations for at least 3 - 4 weeks on our previous trip down to Southern Spain; which resulted in us staying at some outstanding spots, either they were right by the beach, or in small village/town.

One laid back campsite which we found by chance was the campingparquetropical.com which is located 6km north of Estepona. They offer a sliding discount structure depending on the amount of nights stayed & can be as low as €10.20 / night for a 30 day stay. Their indoor heated swimming pool was great and the rest of their facilities can be viewed on their website.

We'll probably stay there for a week or so this coming December & of course being low season, I guess that there will be many other "value for money"camp sites open for business in the region.
On Xmas day, we hope to be staying on a camp site with some festivities on hand, although I guess getting prezzies will be out of the question, as its probably too warm for Father Xmas to find himself all the way down to sunny Andalucia!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks for the update on Cabo DE Gata; looked at their website, it looks really nice and Antonia's fare sounds pretty delicious!

We ended up wild camping for free at differing locations for at least 3 - 4 weeks on our previous trip down to Southern Spain; which resulted in us staying at some outstanding spots, either they were right by the beach, or in small village/town.

Any you would like to share please ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back