Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Daft question, but do all motor homes come with, the stabilisers that is, not the corners

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
They were on our Adria when we bought it and do use them because we have a long overhang and twin beds at the back. Stops the rocking when I get out of bed in the middle of the night, which wakes up my wife. Like others the winder lays on my accelerator and brake pedals when the steadies are down

Only trouble I find is that it makes you less able to know when not to call on the neighbours. After all you shouldn't be a knocking when the motorhome's a rocking. :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Thanks everybody, the info about the winder handle was most helpful, my memory isn't what it used to be lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Fiamma aluminium axle stands, 4 in the box.
1 put behind each front wheel and the other 2 at either end of the bar at the back which has the tow bar on.
Easy to put in place and nip up tight stops any swaying from side to side and were a reasonable price.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I've found that our Wentworth has them connected to the tow bar. They wind down then you pull a pin to drop them lower, my plan is to chock them up as tight as possible then let the air suspension down a tad to make them solid, remembering to blow it back up before we leave I might add. Opinions please from the more experienced out there, oooer mrs.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our previous van - a short 5.5m Rapido 709F - came with them, but the steadies remained unused during our ownership.

Now we have a 6m Chausson and haven't ever felt the need for fitting corner steadies.

It's a caravan thing isn't it?

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I've found that our Wentworth has them connected to the tow bar. They wind down then you pull a pin to drop them lower, my plan is to chock them up as tight as possible then let the air suspension down a tad to make them solid, remembering to blow it back up before we leave I might add. Opinions please from the more experienced out there, oooer mrs.

Knee, I don't think you'll get much rocking even in high winds in a Wentworth, it's a substantial van! But you'll find what does best for you after a couple of outings.(y) The air suspension nice to have though....envy :envy:. :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back