Anyone Used MCEA mobile engineers? (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We were impressed by the engineers promoting the Mobile Caravan Engineers Association at the NEC show with regards to their attitude, knowledge & experience. See http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/ for details about them. It was handy to know that they could also possibly do warranty work as well as fitting, servicing & repairs on motorhomes across most of the UK. The two that we talked to clearly enjoyed their jobs especially as customers are normally pleased to see them when they arrive to help them. As caravanners themselves they understood how important getting a problem sorted can be. Perhaps we fell for their sales pitch but it was very convincing :)We wondered if any other Funsters had used them & what experience they have had?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We used one a couple of years ago using the link on the website and found him to be thorough, polite and on time as well as reasonably priced for a habitation and damp check. Sadly, he has retired from the business.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes - Dave Shaw who runs Chatsworth Motorhome & Caravan Service - www.chatsworth-service.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The engineer we have used for our last couple of habitation services - Lawrence Mortimer of Broken Link Removed - is MCEA accredited. He was recommended to me a couple of years ago so we tried him in 2013 and were happy so had him do our service this year as well. He found some minor damp ingress last time and did a good job of fixing the problem. He has a workshop for that sort of job in addition to his mobile servicing.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi i have used Mark at central leisure services from Coventry very good and also a MH owner
fitted solar panel and sat dome on my MH but also serviced my caravan before we changed to MH
paul

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I went on the stand to get further information before enrolling on a course with them to become a mobile engineer and have to say that 2 engineers that I spoke to did not give me any information about the course or what else I would need after the course, 1 was fairly helpful and give me indication on likely set up costs.
Went from there to the speedcoat stand as they are looking for agents and the chap I spoke to used to be with the MCEA and said they were a waste of time, went back later to speak to his boss who advised that if I went on the MCEA course he would consider a agency
So who do you believe, I would love to hear first hand from any member who is a MCEA member either on the forum or by PM
Ron

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi,We had a total electric failure,checked all the normal stuff,and then rang a MCEA chap,who came next day,very pleasant and spent two hours with his testers,then said it must be the main control board,very costly,i cant help you,so on return home my son who is fairly handy put a test meter on it and said you have no earth,he then fixed it with a three inch bit of electric wire,and two years later it is still working,so after paying £80 it cost tuppence,if the engineer was good why did he not find the problem simple lack of knowledge,so no i would not trust them again,it could have cost a new control panel £500 plus.regards H

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back