Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I do envy the gift that you proper artists have though.

I would love to create something like the pictures on this thread

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
I Have always wanted to learn watercolours and tried in vain. Hopeless! They look like what a 5 year old kid in school would do. Mainly due to the colours not being natural enough. I bought quite a bit of art stuff over the years trying to find my Niche, Watercolours, oils, pastels, Pencils but no. I dont have a natural artistic talent which i thnk you have to naturally have to do anything good. Got videos and watched you tube trying to improve technique.
I,m 60 next year and thiking about taking a residential watercolor course.
Where i work now we used to have a guy called Graham Blaine (MRBSA)
who could do amazing watercolors. He did some postrcards a few years ago which i still have somewhere. He still (i think) runs a night school class in Sutton Coldfield which i really should try to get on if i had time.
I would really love to get half decent and do landscapes and I admire anyone who has the talent to paint.
Dexter lovely paintings mate.

OP
OP
Goshawk

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
iceni, thank you but age is no barrier to learning, time is needed and as said before ....patience, if for example you , i , copied something to paint, (dont worry about that , the old masters used to do it) or something borrowed from a previous painting or sketch, and it will not be an exact copy, tonal values , for a start will be different, and despite a copy you still have to work at it , unless a painting is extremely loose;ie loosely drawn and painted, anything else is almost like painting by numbers :):D also what you have in the paint tubes, generally gets mixed, (another disipline) Picasso once famously said "Ive got every green imaginable, except the one i want" problems even then eh!
also sometimes i leave something out of a painting, eg telegraph pole, or put something in, interest, balance is the key i hope to see you and others at one of the rallies, it is rewarding , good luck dont be afraid of mistakes, and save your early stuff, so you can compare:):):)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Ok deep breaths, head above the parquet time, please be gentle with me, here are some of mine...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I painted the bumble bee today
image.jpg

image.jpg

Mad March hare from last year.

Goshawk, hope you don't mind me sharing these on your thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 16

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dawn I LOVE them .. honestly. Wow. Clever lady.

I am sure Goshawk won't mind you showing them. The thread is doing its usual diversity . Hopefully others will come along too.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
They are really eyecatching my faves are the puffins and last one of flowers. (y)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that ladies, it's nerve racking showing them and I didn't anticipate them being so big!

Got loads stuffed in my paint bag, I'm terrible for not finishing them off.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Bertha, I've sent you a PM;)

OP
OP
Goshawk

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
mousy, david, your style is different than mine , it is what i call loose, but all your paintings are brilliant, art is emotive , you either like something or not, doesnt matter whos done it either, you have a brilliant way with painting , never be afraid to show your paintings, you have great talent, i was trained differently, i have tried your style but im not good at it and i am again going to try an impression style but in my heart i dont like to do it, i am really glad you posted these, lovely, as the two ladies point out each has a favourite, brilliant :):):):)(y)(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Dexter, your work is fantastic. I would love to commission a painting of my sisters 2 dogs for her 60th birthday but it isn't until 2018!!! When would I need to contact you with photos etc for a painting to be ready early 2018? It will know doubt take me ages snapping away to get the right photo!

OP
OP
Goshawk

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hello Carol, :) what sort of dogs ? mmmm photo as early as you can , different views of the dog and background or i can put a background in ?
lots of questions..... how old dogs and so on perhaps you need to pm or speak to me, thank you :)(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
The dogs are miniature schnauzers, 1 is age 5 and the other 3. I have attached a snap just as an indication of the dogs (we prefer the scruffy look!). Will pm you with more details once I have fathomed out how to!!! We can discuss the background, but will prob leave this up to you as my camera skills leave a bit to be desired. I can start to work on a string of photos from different angles etc but will prob take me a while as getting the dogs to agree is a bit of a challenge.
Thanks for considering.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 18

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries