Solar panels or an extra battery? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Robb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2014
Haslemere
Funster No
MH
Autocruiser Vision
Exp
I'm new to it - a converted yachty
Sterling kit you know about. Have a look at CTEK - not just their mains chargers, but the SMARTPASS & the D250S DUAL. Well suited to motorhome use, with an 80A output to load, regulated to 13.6V max - handy for sensitive electronics when you are charging at 14.4V. Votronic is another one you may already know.

Hi - have looked at CTEK - why do you say they are regulated to 13.6V Max? That surely is just the float voltage and for absorption phase you need at least 14.4V for Lead acid.

We take delivery of the MH next Friday, so I shall start mapping out what is there. But first item is a good battery monitor without which one has no idea as to what is going on both on charging and discharge.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Christopher Robb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2014
Haslemere
Funster No
MH
Autocruiser Vision
Exp
I'm new to it - a converted yachty
Almost certainly, I would think (but I have no personal knowledge). The great thing about inheriting a really basic system is that you can rip out the whole charging system & start again, without feeling you are chucking away anything of value!

My guess is that the mains charger will be pretty basic as well, so that may be your second job.

Sterling kit you know about. Have a look at CTEK - not just their mains chargers, but the SMARTPASS & the D250S DUAL. Well suited to motorhome use, with an 80A output to load, regulated to 13.6V max - handy for sensitive electronics when you are charging at 14.4V. Votronic is another one you may already know.

Oops - sorry - just re read your post properly - no problems

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back