Possible solo travellers meet venue?? (2 Viewers)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You can add me to wyreside fisheries if I can make the dates arranged.... great effort by you all....
ta andy

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
3? Could possibly be 5 I think if it's Lancaster.
Andy63 is up for Lancaster
I am
Carol is
And I think Movan
And yourself makes 5☺

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Catherine, once the dates up I will see whether it mixes with anywhere else I have booked. Hate to let people down if I have said that I will definitely be going to their meets. I would LOVE to see you all again. :)

I'm sure others will come once the definite date and place is posted .... Terry and Busman Dave for example if they are able. :)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I know of 2 others - my sister and a friend of ours - possibly 7 of us!

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
3? Could possibly be 5 I think if it's Lancaster.
Andy63 is up for Lancaster
I am
Carol is
And I think Movan
And yourself makes 5☺

Hellooo....maybe me too - haven't met anyone as yet...have been dipping in here to join in- date dependent too though...

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I think the idea is sometime early next spring - from late Feb on depending on the price.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I can't go abroad yet, sorry ... commitments to family members with health issues .. but in this country if place and time ok will definitely love to come. :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I am happy to go and have the conversation with the owners regarding a rally and to confirm a price
Carol please can you go and talk to them so we can get an idea of prices, dates etc so we can have something to compare.

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am still looking at Holme Valley, and have booked in for Sunday night to have a closer look... Will report back after that.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I am still looking at Holme Valley, and have booked in for Sunday night to have a closer look... Will report back after that.

The more options the better and there's nothing to say we can't have more than 1 meet. East/West . Nth/Sth etc.
Holme Valley looks nice but for me personally it would be somewhere to go when the weather comes in if there's nowhere to shelter. Will be good to hear the prices etc.
Appreciate the effort from all.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Agree, if the weather is bad and we have nowhere then we will all just end up sitting in our own vans and not really being a meet :(

I think Haggers could probably tell us of loads of places, but he works hard so don't like to ask him ... some of the places he finds are amazing.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
No longer a solo motorhomer so no longer eligible! :wink: But hope you have a lovely time. :Smile:
Aaah I see. Is that why you haven't been answering any of the name the place questions nowadays. Got yourself a fella. Good on you.☺

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Please confess all Maz!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Right, I have now visited Wyreside Fisheries camp site on the most miserable wet grey day! Unfortunately the owner wasn't available but I did speak to a member of staff who confirmed that a 'solo' group like ours would be permitted

It is difficult to get any firm info for 2015 as the site hasn't got next years price list out and is planning some extensive works over the winter months. The number of pitches for tourers is yet to be determined. I was advised however that if there is any price increase it will only be nominal.
What I can tell you so far is:

1: prices for 2014 is £12.50 per night + £4 for EHU ; £3 for full awning/gazebo; and £1 per dog ( all per night). This is low season and covers ther period from opening (early Feb) until end of April excluding half-term and Easter.

2: the site is quite compact and there is the option for EHU on hard standing.

3: non EHU will be on grass and bookings for this couldn't be confirmed until nearer the time as it would be weather dependant.

3: individuals could choose either but any very large units (RV's) are unlikely to be allowed on the grass. Obviously if there was a mixture of pitch types we wouldn't all be together, however there would be no more than a couple of hundred yards max between each of the 2 areas.

4:the main attraction of Wyreside is the fact it has a bar and restaurant on site which I am assured is open on Friday and Saturday even in the low season. This would obviously give us the opportunity of getting together inside if the weather was poor.

5: It may be possible to get a bit of a discount on the pitch fee if numbers were sufficient but as mentioned previously not sure yet how many touring pitches there will actually be (need to speak with the owner if we decide to pursue this location)

Admittedly the site didn't look it's best today due to the weather but the bar looked nice (looking through the windows!) and it is in a lovely location. If you are a lake fishing person then you would be in your element. Also it is less than 5 miles from the motorway and easy to find.

As mentioned previously I haven't stayed here personally as it is a bit close to home, but it would probably suit our needs for a weekend get together.

Appreciate that 'Viennese' is going to get info on a site near Homfirth at the weekend so perhaps once all the options are known we can make a decision.

Thanks to all those who have expressed an interest in the solo meet, I'm assuming we would be looking to go later in the spring but keep within the low season price structure? - not clashing with the Peterborough show of course!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds great Carol. Thank you for taking the trouble to visit. I'm up for this and would also be for Vienesse location if it was spring.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Just a suggestion Garstang marina walk down the canal to Garstang pleny of pubs and also 1 pub 5mins walk from site
Broken Link Removed

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just a suggestion Garstang marina walk down the canal to Garstang pleny of pubs and also 1 pub 5mins walk from site
Broken Link Removed
OMG 2 years ago we were there, hired a boat and crashed it into another...well more of a shunt, but great idea. Is that the canal where theres an Old nells pub? Thx Bluemooner

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yep that's the one. My relatives live in Bpool so we hired the boat for the day and grounded it too :)or should it be :(

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Personally I would love to go to Bridge House Marina, I love the location and the close proximity to Garstang. However there is no on site bar etc but the nearest pub is just up the road, no more than a five minute walk. Also if people were happy to walk into Garstang then we could all go to the Tithe Barn for a few drinks and a meal.
This site would obviously be dearer as the EHU is automatically included in the pitch fee.

If we went for this location I think we would need to sort out a date and booking ASAP as it isn't a huge site.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh Im confused now,. I am happy with the fisheries. I thought the marina was like a wee day out.
Carol if you want to check out the prices then feel free, it could be lots of fun either way.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
The marina is a fully functioning camp site (no tents permitted) as well as a boat yard and marina. For the adventurous you can hire a boat for the day which takes upto 8 people.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back