Rally Chat March 2015 - Benicarlo, Spain - Fun rally (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Wardleyweb... I have checked and double checked but no mention anywhere on this thread of you posting to be added.... However I have now put you on the Reserve Reserve list.... Your no 44..

Shooting off an email this weekend and will report back ASAP...

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
First thing,... At the top right on this page you should have a link for "watch thread" it may be worth clicking it so you can follow the thread easier..
I have now been in touch with the campsite and agreed the following;

* Rally will be 14 nights starting on Monday 2nd March 2015.
* Pitch fee equals €13,50 a night, thats €189 for the rally.. NOTE THIS IS PAYABLE ON ARRIVAL.
We are not being asked for any upfront payments and you are free to drop off the list at any time. So I think it only fair that, like at Bellavista, we offer this gesture. Anyone not happy to do this let me know ASAP.
If you wish to stay on site after the rally then camping Alegria have offered to give the same daily rate up till the end of March
* The rally attendance is for the whole 2 weeks, you can pay the full amount and then leave early if you want (no refunds) , unlike Bellavista there will be no 1 week stays or sharing of pitches, just too much hassle to keep track of.
* Pitch fee includes Motorhome, up to 3 people, Electricity (6amp, a larger ampage is available for extra cost)
* DOGS.. Max of 2, no charge.
* WIFI... Is available on site. I am checking costs and will post info later.
* Satellite TV... An "IF" system is on site with satellite connections. You need to bring your own receiver and a connection lead. There is a fixed one off fee of €10 for the whole of your stay.

I think that's the main points covered for now, If you have any queries at this stage just post and ask.
Will be working on some entertainment and meal deals closer to the date,

Here is the current list...

Tonka
Homer costello
Jim
Canopus
Scattycat
Armytwowheels
Ambilkate
Brisey
Lugnutt
UK Bill
Flying Scotsman 2
Hilldweller
Old Mo
Portland
Busman
JanDek
Carol
Teasy2007
Destination Unknown
Polar bear
Champers
Gloworm
Cruiser
Sciac2001
Max'sdad
Daz n Tina
Cally
Cutfinger
Timetraveller
Pat1951
Reserve.....
knuckledragger
lesley jean
Treetop1
Beacons564
SMB
Aldenise
Jockandrita
Chrisboyo
Quickwey
Tremybach
Reserve Reserves,,
Cliffandger
Elamessa
Gillnphil
Wardleyweb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi Steve it sounds ok to me will just have to move bonterra park back a couple of days so we can have two weeks at the rally.(y)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:hi: Hello Tonka, it's down to you that we are now funsters, so many thanks for introducing us (Welland Steam Rally, next to Ambilkate). We've just found this thread and although you now have a reserve, reserve list and we probably wont be able to join you all this time, we are interested. We are motorhome virgins when it comes to going abroad!! but the more we read about other funsters travels the more we would like to give it a go. Joining a rally would be ideal and though we probably wont get on this one we'll keep up with the thread and see what develops.

Sue & Pete

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Steve, Sorry if you have already covered this, but as we are on the Reserve Reserve list, and REALLY want to do this rally, if we can't get on, are there any sites near that we could get onto and at least be close to the Fun?

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Steve, Sorry if you have already covered this, but as we are on the Reserve Reserve list, and REALLY want to do this rally, if we can't get on, are there any sites near that we could get onto and at least be close to the Fun?

As mentioned above lots of sites around.. I have replied to your PM..
www.vayacamping.net

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:hi: Hello Tonka, it's down to you that we are now funsters, so many thanks for introducing us (Welland Steam Rally, next to Ambilkate). We've just found this thread and although you now have a reserve, reserve list and we probably wont be able to join you all this time, we are interested. We are motorhome virgins when it comes to going abroad!! but the more we read about other funsters travels the more we would like to give it a go. Joining a rally would be ideal and though we probably wont get on this one we'll keep up with the thread and see what develops.

Sue & Pete

I will put you on the ever increasing list, more for the fact that i can keep track of people in the order they asked..
Great to hear you joined FUN.. Keep watching, you never know..

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Little update..

WIFI... Is chargable on site €10 a week, €15 for 2 weeks.
Pay as you go internet sim's to be used in MIFI are now available in Spain at around €10 a gigabyte.. So guess some of you may look into that as an option as well.

SATELLITE... All you need is a receiver, the site will provide the connecting cable for the duration of your stay...

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Well Done Steve looks like you have secured a great deal (y)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Tonka, Can you add us- Bernie & Rona to your reserve reserves list please. Would love to have 2 weeks with you all.
Cheers
Bernie:)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Tonka, Can you add us- Bernie & Rona to your reserve reserves list please. Would love to have 2 weeks with you all.
Cheers
Bernie:)

Done.. but listed at no46, you will need a lot to drop out.. !! I seriously have to stop this at 50 !!! ( I know I said that at 30, then 40 )

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Steve, only just saw this after a prod (email) from Polar Bear. Probably to many going now but can you put us down on the reserve reserve list please. We are a tag axle 8.7m.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hilldweller.. Noted, will amend list..

Southampton... To be added, HOWEVER !!! If them saint try to score 8 goals past my beloved West Brom you will be struck straight off !!!!! No YELLOW CARD... :rofl::rofl:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hilldweller.. Noted, will amend list..

Southampton... To be added, HOWEVER !!! If them saint try to score 8 goals past my beloved West Brom you will be struck straight off !!!!! No YELLOW CARD... :rofl::rofl:

We don't play you till Feb so there is plenty of time for West Brom to improve !!

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Steve can you put me on the reserves reserved list,am happy to find somewhere nearby till somebody can't stand all the FUN and wants to leave:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Steve can you put us down on your reserve reserve list.We will be down that way coming back from Morocco be nice to meet up with some funsters,

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Steve, we are not going to be able to attend this rally.
Please remove us from the list and allocate our place to
someone else.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Brisey... Sorry to hear it..
I will amend list in a few days time when home on my PC..
Currently still at Southport. :)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Here is my current list..
I have enquired about a possible coach to take those interested into Valencia for a day.
The "Fallas" will be starting towards the end of our stay so something worth going to see.
If your not aware of what it is..
55 seater is around €380 so quite reasonable when shared.

Tonka
Homer costello
Jim
Canopus
Scattycat
Armytwowheels
Ambilkate
Lugnutt
UK Bill
Flying Scotsman 2
Old Mo
Portland
Busman
JanDek
Carol
Teasy2007
Destination Unknown
Polar bear
Champers
Gloworm
Cruiser
Sciac2001
Max'sdad
Daz n Tina
Cally
Cutfinger
Timetraveller
Pat1951
knuckledragger
lesley jean
Reserve.....
Treetop1
Beacons564
SMB
Aldenise
Jockandrita
Chrisboyo
Quickwey
Tremybach
Cliffandger
Elamessa
Reserve Reserves,,
Gillnphil
Wardleyweb
2spirityislanders
Ber090
Southampton
Red dragon
Horeshamjack

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi can you put me on list please?
Thanks

Your added... :) Just be aware of how many are in front of you...

THATS IT... I JUST CANT KEEP ADDING.... LIST IS REALLY REALLY DEFINATELY ABSOLUTELY CLOSED......

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
looks like a great deal, pity I can't drag HWMBO that far, takes me all my time to get her halfway down France:( but really envious of those of you who manage it. Looks like only 100yds to the beach (y)

alegria del mar.jpg

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My in-laws used to go to Camping Alegria every winter, they loved it there. We spent one night there on the way back from St Miguel de Salinas and when Alan told them he was Harry & Eileen's son we had to be introduced to almost everyone on site! Lovely welcome and we had a great meal there.

Wish we could join you all & hope you have a great time :party3:

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Thought it may be of interest to you that we have just spent 10 days at camping Alegria. We are 8.7 metres and they opened an extra gate for us to get in. Our pitch was a decent size. There are a lot of permanents on site. As it is at the moment it is definitely not suitable for a big ralley. However, I was speaking to the owner and they are in the process of opening up a new area with large plots in readiness for a ralley in March. ( if I'd known it was you lot I would have told her to shut up shop ) ☺️ they were busy planting trees on the day. They are building 2 new shower blocks in addition to the one already there. The pebble beach is within walking distance but I would say a bicycle is needed to get comfortably into town. Benicarlo is not really a tourist town but Peniscola is not far.
The meals in the restaurant are very good. We ate there more than at any other site we have visited. Portions far too large for me.
Staff are very friendly. Small shop on site selling essentials.
Any more info needed. Just ask and will try to help.

Lin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back