New website for finding a travel partner (3 Viewers)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know I've been promising it for ages, but I'm just putting the finishing touches to it now and it will go live this weekend. Essentially it will be a place for those looking for someone to meet and travel with. All kinds of travel and holidays. You might just want to travel with someone for extra security, or extra fun. Certainly most agree that travel adventures shared are just so much better. Whatever the reason the site should enable you to get to know your travel partner as much as practically possible before committing to meet them properly and planning the travelling.

There will be a charge for accessing the site, but this will essentially be used as a vetting tool for confirming real names and addresses etc. While I've not decided what the charges will be yet I am looking to give some complimentary slots to subscribing Funsters who can get the ball rolling and test all aspects of the site. So if you are a subscriber here as well as a solo traveller and are interested in helping establish the site then please let me know by way of PM. Thanks (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wonderful idea Jim. Once I get through New Year if you still want help and there is anything I can do to help I will be there. I won't be able to help re going abroad though till anything happens to mum as I need to be here.

It will take some of the worry out of travelling for females who often feel if seen regularly with another male traveller it can be misconstrued .. this way it is a recognised as a friends travelling club. Well done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Jim , has it have to be only for solo motorhomers and related to the solo travellers forum?

I would be happy when away in France to see if anyone would travel with me if at the same time in the same area.
Or is it just for people who are going to travel for a long time together?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Frankie, hopefully the site will cater for a broad range of requirements. I envisage the following uses;

People who motorhome and want the security of a two or more vehicle convoy.
People who don't have a motorhome but would like to travel in one.
People who want to follow someone who is an experienced traveller
People looking for a new life partner.
People looking to share a holiday experience

Clearly at the start it will be motorhome biased, but eventually I hope the site will cater for all sorts of people, travel and holiday types. (y)

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sound great - If I was in a small convoy I would prob feel ok about driving abroad!

I went with a small very informal group to Spain & France last year - we all showed interest in a hol of this kind, but via another forum, and we just went for it.. absolutely great time & we're going back to Spain & this time to Portugal too.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
And it is indeed a new complete website. Thought it was a sub forum to MHF but its not. The website looks great:)

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Ok, so what is it called and where do we find it ?

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Jim has got it in test mode at the moment, should be up and running sometime over the weekend :LOL:
Enjoying keeping us in suspense eh ?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi jim, im on your new site ,trailmates..
still not got my head round it completely...it was introduced via the solo section on fun ,and I believe you asked for interested solo members of fun to express an desire to help get the site off the ground..
my question is, is it a solo exclusive site....
reading the home page it seems not, but I have not seen a definite reply to that question..
if it isn't solo exclusive , then why will people pay a further membership subscription when everything else can be done on the current fun site, ie go to normal meets, build up a circle of friends and arrange any travel/holidays to suit.....
would love to hear what you and others think, and help me get my head round it :unsure:

ps .how about a years free subscription for the volunteers :D

bessie07

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
c.class
Exp
since 1994
Hi what I good idea
I have been traveling on my own for some time now and find it quite a lonely experience and would welcome companions to share in our motorhome travels .
I have traveled abroad frequently and know the ropes quite well and would be happy to help others in there quest for expiration abroad
Remember you have to take a chance if you want to enjoy motorhome life

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back