Awning help again please (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
After the Fiamma zip awning broke on me a few weeks ago I got a new one when we went over to Portsmouth on route to further afield.
The helpful guy at Southdowns help lift it onto the existing brackets and I drilled and secured it onto the brackets.
We didn't use it while away and now we're back home on the Isle of Wight I see that one of the fixing brackets is not behind the shock absorber part of the mechanism. Also the bracket near it is loose and has a sort of foam spacer behind it and can be lifted in and out from the side of the van, I've not dared look at the other two yet.
I had to take the electric control panel (Like an aircraft cockpit) to get to the nuts holding the bracket only to find a large expanded polystyrene sheet between side of the van and the plate and nuts.
Now do I put another bracket behind the shock absorber bit where it is and if I do, do I remove the expanded polystyrene and put the plate on the skin of the motorhome.
If this is the case do I check the other two fixings to see if there's polystyrene between the plate and the wall.
When I brought it I thought I'd got a nice mh but now it all seems to be problems.
I assume the original awning broke because it was not mounted properly and the loose fitting allowed it to flex too much.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I would ask fiamma or your dealer. I bought mine from Johns Cross and the man I corresponded with was extremely helpful regarding fittings.

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Thanks Irnbru will try John Cross from what I rad on here I know I can get good info from them. Pity they're so far away from me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
They are from me too, but the guy sent me diagrams and photos of different brackets etc. I suggest you send some photos with your email so they get a better picture.
Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back