Help please with the Three roaming service. (2 Viewers)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It might not be quite as good as advertised but it's still pretty good. H has 3, I have O2, it would cost me £2 each day for a similar service. It's a saving of several bottles of wine when were in France.
So far we've had no real problems with poor connections.
We have both also, and if you do go into another country O2 is better as it's only £2 as opposed to threes £5, and with O2 you can tether

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I cant find any info on when the service expanding to more then the 16 at present. not much use for European touring as it is.....Roaming charges set to be abolished 15 Dec 2015. That will open up the market with a bit of luck, but UK charges rumoured to increase on the back of this.....

Have signed up for it anyway as its a cheap way of getting 4G here in London

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
You can try a Toggle sim (on eBay with £20 credit)
But check out toggle.com depends what country you want other than France

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I am a three customer on a monthly one plan £15 a month. I have been in Ireland recently as my Mother died. I used my phone extensively to ring the UK to use the Internet to skype my other relations in Holland all for no extra. It was using 02 Ireland and 3 Ireland most of the time.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Used my 3 all you can eat data plan for the 5 weeks we were in France this summer and it was fab. Called home, texted and kept up with social media, all at no extra charge! Last summer I was being charged £5 a day for the same service, so it was a lot more expensive holiday! Had no problems at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back