Wilko freestanding food mixer..... any good? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
In MSE today they recommend this mixer

Broken Link Removed

Has anybody got one? if so what do you think?

Ta :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No, sorry, I don't have one but if it's as good as the reviews it can't be bad..spec looks ok.

but I guess it all depends on how much you will use it.. I bought a KitchenAid Professional which is used every day for several tasks.. not just mixing.. .. built to last and the design hasn't changed since the 1920s, made in the USA .. but there is a price premium for quality. .. like my old Singer sewing machines.. it will go on for ever, no doubt it will be handed down to my daughter and hopefully hers..

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks Jim, that's the rub............... we would love a KitchenAid or a Kmix but can not really afford it right now :cry:

We did buy daughter a Kmix a couple of years ago and she loves it. I still fancy the KitchenAid:whistle:

I tend to be pessimistic about these things......... buy cheap, buy twice and all that:cautious:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We still use a Kenwood we bought in 1978, got all the attachments, Spud peeler Seldom used, the mincer, Used at Xmas, whisks nearly every week, Dough hook 'occasionally.
Well worth paying the Extra, 46 years old? and still supplying the service

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I got a kmix last year when Amazon were doing free toaster and kettle. All of them have been fantastic. Feel really guilty though as i had my Mum's old kenwood in the loft. Which works perfectly well just doesn't look as pretty :(

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
The wilko one looks really nice though and it will be under warranty if anything goes wrong.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Have to agree with Spidey on this one! (y) Suppose it all depends on how often you will be using it but from the reviews it appears to be a good mixer. I have a KitchenAid but use doesn't warrant the cost!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We still use a Kenwood we bought in 1978, got all the attachments, Spud peeler Seldom used, the mincer, Used at Xmas, whisks nearly every week, Dough hook 'occasionally.
Well worth paying the Extra, 46 years old? and still supplying the service

I know you are old, but since when has 1978 been 46 years ago? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back