Rally Adventure Overland Show (Stratford upon Avon) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We are coming for a nose but not to camp this time as we are between vans. Still always next year, we hope to pick up some tips for our Botswana adventure in the new year...camping at it's most basic. Let's hope we don't get eaten by any wild animals. Thanks for posting the info about this show. Perhaps camping next year in our new van, sounds a brilliant show!

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We are coming for a nose but not to camp this time as we are between vans. Still always next year, we hope to pick up some tips for our Botswana adventure in the new year...camping at it's most basic. Let's hope we don't get eaten by any wild animals. Thanks for posting the info about this show. Perhaps camping next year in our new van, sounds a brilliant show!
Please come to the Fun area and have a cuppa with whoever is around you are more than welcome.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Van passed MOT this morning (9yo and never failed yet) - so full of water and food so probably arrive maybe, err, 2pm ish?
Got some beer in the fridge but only just seen the "agenda".
Anyway, look out for us, we'll be the only ones in an unwashed grey van (grey through paint not dirt I hasten to add).

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Sorry cant make it, just been to see consultant and being admitted to harlow hospital for treatment, i tried my best to come we even took the truck to yhe appt to be nearer to get to sratford, all loaded up ready to come as well, would rather be there with you all, but needs must.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Big thank you to Sundowners and The Merles for a fab weekend keeping us all in order. Very generous with the kettle and biscuits :)

And to everyone else for great cakes and bbq goodies at the shared tables.

Now, where's me bacon bap Nigel!?!?!???? :) :)

Thanks guys

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Many thanks for your warm welcome and coffee! We did enjoy the chat and found the show fascinating, definitely one for next year and we'll bring the van :):)

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
A very sincere thankyou to Pamala & Nigel (sundowners) for their extreme generousity and guidance, but without all of you wonderful funsters it would not have happened so thank you all. Hopefully you have had a great time and will pencil this same weekend next year into your diaries
Dave & Sylv the merles

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Yes would like to say thank you to all for our first real Funster meet and sundowners for their help and hospitality also met a flat pack chicken
Yvonne & Keith

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Hello to all the new faces, and thanks for making it enjoyable.

We left this morning to go home and out for a bike ride which was going to be a tough mountain bike route. After 4 miles, still on home turf but on a fast downhill bit, poor Mel had an argument with a rock which gave her a free audition for the next Superman, followed by a free audition for a patient in casualty. 20 or so stitches later (and great service) from A&E at Bath RUH and we're back home contemplating our next cycle ride which may not be this week......

(Mel is okay, just battered, bruised and stitched, and looks like she's been beaten up by me :( )

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
I would like to add my thanks to all those who have given their thanks to Nigel, Pamala, Dave and Silv for all their hard work in setting this up and running it for the rest of us.
Well done !! and thanks again for a great weekend.
John & Jane

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hop

We left this morning to go home and out for a bike ride which was going to be a tough mountain bike route. After 4 miles, still on home turf but on a fast downhill bit, poor Mel had an argument with a rock which gave her a free audition for the next Superman, followed by a free audition for a patient in casualty. 20 or so stitches later (and great service) from A&E at Bath RUH and we're back home contemplating our next cycle ride which may not be this week......

(Mel is okay, just battered, bruised and stitched, and looks like she's been beaten up by me :( )
Hope mel is ok regards Garry

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990

Eeek! Not the best start to the week. Hope Mel feels better soon. Sure it wasn't the quantity of cake she had on board ??? :)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
May well have been the cake!
She is recovering well, Wedding anniversary yesterday which wasn't as romantic and passionate as it could have been lol, but bruising and swelling going down. We did a 30 miles ride and she stayed upright this time.
Will heal, and could've been a LOT worse.

I'll pass on your concern!

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Hello folks! Thanks to one and all for attending. Without you there simply wouldn't be a show.

A special thanks to Nigel and Pamala for keeping you lot in check - heard you can be a rowdy bunch!!! I actually managed to show my face over the weekend to say hello, amazing for me as normally I'm in headless chicken mode so hardly manage to see anyone.

Apologies for the long walk by the way. We weren't sure how much space MHF would need and how many other clubs and display vehicles would turn up. Besides, we were also aware that you would not have wanted to be in the noisy part of the campsite towards the top end by the event office, etc. That said, next year we can get you nearer if required, but then again there is space to grow where you were positioned. What do you think - same location next year?

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hello folks! Thanks to one and all for attending. Without you there simply wouldn't be a show.

A special thanks to Nigel and Pamala for keeping you lot in check - heard you can be a rowdy bunch!!! I actually managed to show my face over the weekend to say hello, amazing for me as normally I'm in headless chicken mode so hardly manage to see anyone.

Apologies for the long walk by the way. We weren't sure how much space MHF would need and how many other clubs and display vehicles would turn up. Besides, we were also aware that you would not have wanted to be in the noisy part of the campsite towards the top end by the event office, etc. That said, next year we can get you nearer if required, but then again there is space to grow where you were positioned. What do you think - same location next year?

Thank you Tom on behalf of all those club members who attended, you did us well. I trust you have recovered by now and planning the next one
Dave

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Thanks Tom for all your work putting this great show on-----and we REALLY do appreciate our club's discount(y):)---------Pamala & I would love to repeat it all again next year(y)
Nigel & Pamala

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all, I have put some pictures on the media page, many more to add as soon as I can. Search for Adventure Overland Show 2014
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back