Rally Ashover festival of light (2 Viewers)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000

Thinking of coming - just read the directions on the site's website - says do not rely on satnav , will take you on unsuitable roads - follow directions given:

Nearest motorway junctions -
Junction 28 or 29 M1

FROM THE A61 ALFRETON (J28) TO CHESTERFIELD (J29) ROAD:
Take the B6014 Ashover Road at the White Bear Public House (turn left from Alfreton, right from Chesterfield), continue along the B6014 then bear right onto the B6036 Ashover New Road. Turn right by the Nettle Inn onto Hardmeadow Lane then bear right into Milken Lane.
The showground is on the left just before the sports ground and parish hall

(y) Just a small correction on this one. We live in the area and would suggest that from Hardmeadow lane.........Milken lane bears to the left and it is quite a sharp bend.:cautious::cautious:

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Sorry we won't be joining you after all . Had double booked and have a family party to go to .

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
(y) Just a small correction on this one. We live in the area and would suggest that from Hardmeadow lane.........Milken lane bears to the left and it is quite a sharp bend.:cautious::cautious:
Thanks for the info Vic and Wilge are neither of you able to join us ? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Sorry we won't be joining you after all . Had double booked and have a family party to go to .
Sorry you can't make it panda I got the tables cleared ready for you to dance on :wink: Enjoy your party :Smile:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
have been looking forward to this for ages and hoping that health would improve by the time this came round but sadly it's not to be and am not going to be able to make it, really gutted, and as numbers seem to be restricted for this meet hopefully someone from the reserve list will now be able to come along instead of me. have fun everyone and hopefully meet up with you all somewhere in the future..
was so looking forward to sitting on santas knee and telling him that i really have been a good girl this year, ah well..

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Very sorry but we won't be able to make this meet, Mike had a hospital appointment in the post over the weekend for this Friday afternoon.

Hope you have a great time.

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Oh dear it must be the smallest meet of the year lol. Maybe Xmas has come a little too early for funsters :)

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
So sorry that I am further shrinking this meet. I was so close yet now cannot make it. It has been so very lovely spending my time since the Lincoln Show near you in the Matlock and Carsington Water area but things are stacking against me and I am having to admit defeat and start to head back southwards. Have fun folks, I look forward to seeing the pics and getting news of how well it goes.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
There we were, on our own for the weekend and then....over comes a Funster who saw our MotorhomeFun flag flying (Mike B and partner). We were not aware Funsters had a meet there. It was nice to see them and Scammelmanswife, who we last saw at Wrenbury. Also met brand new members KinOfTheRoad who only joined on Wednesday last. Sorry we never got back to see you all again...there was so much going on.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
just wanted to say thank you to scammelmanswife for the photos in the media section showing what a lovely and interesting event this was, have made a note for next year not to miss this..

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I have published the video I took of the lights. See, even santa paid us a visit, though he would not let me sit on his knee, lol. It was excellent value for money at only ÂŁ35 for Thursday to Monday, including unlimited entry to the show.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
South Wingfield Tractor Group did a great job and raised ÂŁ1350 for the Air ambulance at last years show. This year I suspect they have done better! The weather was kind and cleared up at the right times enabling us to enjoy a fantastic air display which was new for this years show and there was loads of music to suit all tastes. Steam rallies are not for everyone but this is a good show for a good cause and I am only too happy to support them and having fellow funsters there was a bonus !! Sorry I didn't get to see you again Graham - like you said - so much going on !

Last edited:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Oh what a shame we will not be able to attend as we will still be with the van in Benidorm.
It is a great weekend, not to be missed. The cost is really good for what you get...loads of entertainment and a nice spot for walking. You must go up on the ridge and look over the showground and surrounding area, the view is breathtaking. Have a lovely meet.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hillary you doing this again this year ?

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Probably not Kate as have been last 2 years on the trot. I am always looking for something new. It is for Air Ambulance so worth supporting if you are not too far away. Its only a small show @dryad
not worth all that travelling unless you link it to something else.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
Probably not Kate as have been last 2 years on the trot. I am always looking for something new. It is for Air Ambulance so worth supporting if you are not too far away. Its only a small show @dryad
not worth all that travelling unless you link it to something else.

am thinking to stop over there for the four days, ÂŁ35 is a very reasonable price and supports, as you say, a very worthy cause, after visiting wales, then a scamper around more of derbyshire before heading off to scotland for a few early autumn weeks..
hopefully the midges will have buggered off by then.. :)

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Hi you can add Me (Daisie) and hubby Dave arriving Thursday.

ps, how many going so far?

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Just noticed you have put a stop at 8 and started a reserve list, is this because that is all the space you have been allocated or should I book direct.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi you can add Me (Daisie) and hubby Dave arriving Thursday.

ps, how many going so far?
Just noticed you have put a stop at 8 and started a reserve list, is this because that is all the space you have been allocated or should I book direct.
As mentioned further up the page:
Looking at the dates of posting this was a meet in 2014 I believe so you may be a bit late :)

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
I am confused is this rally for 2014 or 2015

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2015 just booked today got to get my lights working now kids lost my remote new one on order

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I am confused is this rally for 2014 or 2015

Hi Daisie....
http://vintagefestivaloflight.org.uk/

Just to make this clear....the Rally & list were 2014 but it is on again this year first weekend in October. Very nice village with good pubs /eating, walks etc. Looks as though Dryad and g8syn have both booked.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Just found out that my brother and his wife have also booked in g4yso

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
2015 just booked today got to get my lights working now kids lost my remote new one on order
Have a great time hopefully a few more funsters will be there @Daisy and @dryad were showing an interest earlier on. Unfortunately I will not be able to camp this year (grand daughter duties) but if I do make a flying visit I will look you up. If I remember rightly @Barclaybasher gave some good advice about the best route to use. The roads around there can be a bit tight hey @Dawn B . lol

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
sadly, the plans that were made earlier in the year went belly up, :( the spirit is willing but my health has let me down, but hey ho, have fun all you who do get there this year, am sure you'll have a great time.. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back