Rally Chat March 2015 - Benicarlo, Spain - Fun rally (1 Viewer)

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I thought you might like to know it is owned by English we have been several times they are very friendly you can walk to the town if you are fit they have a nice bar and resturant and do a daily special for around 6 euros and they also have themed nights there is a market in the town well worth a visit

Brenda

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We had booked to stay here last November, got to the site, the girl said we could park anywhere. I have a 7.5m van, couldn't park 'anywhere' as the pitches were too small. (n) We walked round the site, it was scruffy and had vans that looked as though they hadn't moved in quite a while........:eek:
We left and went to Peniscola instead.
Not impressed personally and before that we had stayed on 33 different sites on the way down. It was the only one we didn't stay on. :(

I thought you might like to know it is owned by English we have been several times they are very friendly you can walk to the town if you are fit they have a nice bar and resturant and do a daily special for around 6 euros and they also have themed nights there is a market in the town well worth a visit

Brenda

Would you know about the size of pitches Bee please , we are 8mtres is there enough space

Kath x

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just back from Lincoln and there is plenty of interest for this...
I have seen the one report of the site not having large pitches and being a big scruffy but also Bee's comment that it's a nice place...
SO,,,,, We are still a long way off from this meet.. Can I ask that if anyone is heading that way over the next few week's and can give more feedback by making an up to date visit then it will be appreciated..
Numbers are well in to the 20's now.. Will post a provisional list very soon..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi both
Thanks for that we were thinking about that for to morrow as the forcast for benidorm this weekend is not great but will give it a miss.Tried eden in peniscola but was full.May catch up with you sometime
Janice & Alan
You would be doing us a favour if you had a look.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Put us down for this one, all being well.

Looks a great place with great company.:)

Providing they allow dogs. I havn't checked on that yet.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ok guys... I am in excess of 30 already..
I will try and get more information from the site and fingers crossed someone may be travelling past and can go to visit and put us all at ease ref condition and pitch sizes.. I have already been told that 20 new pitches are being built and these are 125-135 sq meters..

Here is my current list... If the site stick with 30 places then anyone after no 30 is already on the reserve list.. I will allow reserve to go up to 40 places then cut off anymore for now. Thinks most likely will change nearer the time..

Tonka
Homer costello
Jim
Canopus
Scattycat
Armytwowheels
Ambilkate
Brisey
Lugnutt
UK Bill
Flying Scotsman 2
Hilldweller
Old Mo
Portland
Busman
JanDek
Carol
Teasy2007
Destination Unknown
Polar bear
Champers
Gloworm
Cruiser
Sciac2001
Max'sdad
Daz n Tina
Cally
Cutfinger
Timetraveller
Pat1951

Reserve list....
Knuckldragger
Lesleyjean
Treetops1
Beacons564

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Yes thank you. please add us to the provisional list many thanks jan and mike.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Put me down on the reserve list please Tonka, I will be in the area at that time and it would be my first Funsters rally :)

Deleted User
We have never stayed on this site but have visited for various reasons a few times over the last seven years, the last time we had a proper look round was three years ago whilst visiting some friends on site with a 10m RV.
In my opinion the site facilities were OK and clean but not new, the site has grown over the years, lots of statics, the touring section was quite small until a few years ago a new section was opened with the possibility of using a separate gate for large units. We could have got on the site with our 5'er and would still consider staying there but we use a site in Alcossebre where we meet friends.

My only reservations for your rally would have been the numbers involved but if there are going to be 20 new pitches then that should be OK but the only way is to find out from the owners.

Benicarlo is a typical Spanish town, not very touristy, easily cyclable to Peniscola which is and has a superb beach

We will be at Alcossebre for a month from tomorrow so we will probably be in Benicarlo at some point and will visit the site but I must point out that our expectations from a site may differ from other peoples. If there are any specifics that you need to know please let me know and I will do my best to find out but I must stress that it is what the owners say that counts.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Matamoros.... If you do get the chance to go.. Please do and feedback any info..
If you see the site owners tell them you are our advance scout party :)
I think main things we need to know is if the site and toilets are in a good condition and is pitch access ok, especially for the larger vans...

Ref the area, I think after many have been to places like Benidorm they may appreciate somewhere to "come down" from their party high....

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Current list... Now at 37.. 3 more and then it's closed...
Ref Dogs... Allowed and no charge.

Tonka
Homer costello
Jim
Canopus
Scattycat
Armytwowheels
Ambilkate
Brisey
Lugnutt
UK Bill
Flying Scotsman 2
Hilldweller
Old Mo
Portland
Busman
JanDek
Carol
Teasy2007
Destination Unknown
Polar bear
Champers
Gloworm
Cruiser
Sciac2001
Max'sdad
Daz n Tina
Cally
Cutfinger
Timetraveller
Pat1951

Reserve.....
knuckledragger
lesley jean
Treetop1
Beacons564
SMB
Aldenise
Jockandrita

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My maths say thats 30 plus 10 on reserve list.. No more names please..!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back