Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2014
Dorset (expat Oxonian)
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2011
My first rally with you lot, what a great bunch of folks, thanks for a Fab W/E, and for picking out my raffle ticket :giggle: :notworthy2:
Can't wait to join you all again, :cheers:
Regrets, Yea!! should have got there Thursday! Missed out on 24 hours of fun!:drink:
Really liked the music, just my scene, must try to get there earlier on a Saturday so I can get in!!:party3::heartbreak:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
And so to Lincoln we have been
The air was blue the grass was green.
And all because it seems to me
our club has such diversity.
It seems I heard the air was blue
is is just a :swear2: you too
or were there those who make a point
that --- yapping dogs too disappoint.:reel:
And often it's the owners who
stand yapping in a bacon queue
while their prime pet just fights or Yabbers
but not real dogs(Ask Drago Haggers)
Although I had recourse :swear2: language
when I was mugged , a bacon sandwich,
though long ago at Wrenbury
the robber pounced quite quietly.:Eeek:

And were they vandals who ill meant
walked on a groundsheet, foul intent:moon2:
and indeed whose pooch was it
that left an unattended :swear2:
Then theres the old conundrum that
those who :swear2: are ill bred pratts
and those who better things intone
from mobile glass houses can't throw stones.
and then it goes without saying
that "wots is names:crying: been banned again."
at once it may be just bad luck
Three times " I don't give a flying duck."
The trip to town was some success
it seems with drinking in excess:beerchug::beerchug:
then those who were left behind
failed to make the bus on time.:lips:
and as the Taxis came or went
got back to our marquee orTent
some inebriate some neater
but led by Graham and Anita.:party2:
Caused on the night such a row
that Warners had to close her down
although while the night was thriving
:wine:Sian showed the science of Chair Diving
A sport demonstrated when all were merry
by our Yorkshire funster Terry
who dived so well it nearly sent
a ripple throu 't wall 'o 't tent.:clap2:
The Sunday morning came too fast
lake all good stuff it didn't last.:yawn2:
Then Monday came & on that day
Champers (Kath) a small birthday
but she was not down in the dumps
although it was her UMPTY TUMPTH
:party2::party2:

Bit I'll thank all who came to this one
See you all soonish and hope to have fun.
and final , yes that's last of all
a big thanks to Marshalls and Funsters all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you all for a fabulous weekend - we enjoyed every single moment. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and we had such fun.

We were amazed by how many talented members there are amongst you Funsters, so thank you to everyone who kept us all fabulously entertained all weekend. We were very impressed.

Thank you to Jim and his beautiful wife plus all the marshalls for such hardwork and dedication and we are already looking forward to booking our next motorhome fun get together.

Sue x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
A BIG THANKYOU to Brian & Pamela, John & Angela ,Dave & Poly Jim & Sian. All the Funster musicians, singers, karaoke,cooks, & FUNSTERS for a fantastic, Brilliant time at Lincoln. Hope we have not missed anyone :) :) :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Zis has not gone unnoticed at Hymer Korps HQ Deutchland. You are a disgrace to Hymer. You vill immediately remove all Hymer markinks un replace them mit Swift or you vill be sent to Poland. Hymers do not break down.
Have come to the conclusion that I left the cab aircon on for four days and flattened all the batteries. Not recommended!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Simon that will be what the red isolator switch is for -to make sure the engine battery is always full ;)A little testing with a multi meter will confirm this :)
terry

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Have come to the conclusion that I left the cab aircon on for four days and flattened all the batteries. Not recommended!
Simon, surely the cab Air Con is only functional, when the engine (and subsequently the A/C pump) is running?

Cheers,

Jock.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
UOTE="RS_rob, post: 1125782, member: 29372"]There was no Room in the Inn on Sat :(
I want a Refund...............[/QUOTE]
Refund denied we were all in a tent:moon2: there was no Inn

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hi Simon that will be what the red isolator switch is for -to make sure the engine battery is always full ;)A little testing with a multi meter will confirm this :)
terry
Yeh, think your right Terry, I found the instructions on how to use it properly when I got home, never used it in 10 years, better start methinks

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Simon, surely the cab Air Con is only functional, when the engine (and subsequently the A/C pump) is running?

Cheers,

Jock.
Well I would tend to agree but I can't think/find anything else Jock and the cab aircon does run when the engine is off, but in case I'm talking b''locks I will check that again tomorrow. The only other possible I can think of is I started the on board generator for 15 mins on the Sunday, this may have tripped the 12v master switch (it was off on the Monday) so the solar panels couldn't charge the batteries, and if not that I shall just have to blame the missus for inadvertently flicking it off, cos it was obviously not me, oops

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well I would tend to agree but I can't think/find anything else Jock and the cab aircon does run when the engine is off,
The only cab air con (as opposed to habitation air con) I have ever seen is run off the engine, so can't work if the engine is not running.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
The only cab air con (as opposed to habitation air con) I have ever seen is run off the engine, so can't work if the engine is not running.
I'm clutching at straws really, I probably should have started off saying I've no idea why the bloody batteries went flat!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I'm clutching at straws really, I probably should have started off saying I've no idea why the bloody batteries went flat!
Was it just the engine battery that went flat, or did the leisure battery go flat as well?

If it was just the engine battery a possible culprit is leaving the dashboard stereo on. Ours switches off with the ignition but many do not, and if you just turn the volume down it is easy to forget it is on, but it still takes a fair amount of juice. Also check to see if your solar panels only charge the leisure battery. Some are wired that way, but they should also give a charge to the engine battery as well.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
This was our first rally with Fun and myself and Caroline had a great time, met some lovely people along the way, thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment Friday and Saturday night. I was going to do a karaoke number myself but, the marquee would soon have emptied:giggle:

Many thanks to the organisers from us as there is obviously a lot of hard work going into it.

Its just a shame that there were so many large vans on display, its got her wanting another one now, she doesn't like shitty little camper vans, her words not mine.:LOL::D

Oh and I think Techno and his missus have just cost me about £800 as she wants an electric bike mow, thanks pal.

Regards

Paul and Caroline.
Let's just say no one got a picture :D
terry
terry

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
terry

Unfortunately no one could get a photo due to us all rolling about laughing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

But the picture will stay in my mind for ever . . . . still pi**ing myself laughing !!!!!!!!!,

PS did you manage to wring that pint of tequila and orange out of your shirt, back into a glass later :beerchug:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Was it just the engine battery that went flat, or did the leisure battery go flat as well?

If it was just the engine battery a possible culprit is leaving the dashboard stereo on. Ours switches off with the ignition but many do not, and if you just turn the volume down it is easy to forget it is on, but it still takes a fair amount of juice. Also check to see if your solar panels only charge the leisure battery. Some are wired that way, but they should also give a charge to the engine battery as well.
Everything went flat (including me) stereo switches off when ignition off, just double checked though and the cab aircon WILL stay on when the ignition is off and key is out, I think it was probably this, can't remember if the solar panels charge the vehicle battery, will check this when the sun returns, hopefully that won't be next August!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Everything went flat (including me) stereo switches off when ignition off, just double checked though and the cab aircon WILL stay on when the ignition is off and key is out, I think it was probably this, can't remember if the solar panels charge the vehicle battery, will check this when the sun returns, hopefully that won't be next August!
Are we talking about the same thing I wonder? I am referring to the air con that comes out of the vents in the dash board and at the drivers and passengers feet. That usually cools the air using a pump that is mechanically driven (not electrically) by a belt from the pulley shaft on the engine. When the engine does not turn then the pump does not work and nor does the A/C. And the cool air is then blown into the cab using the same electrical fan as for the heating system, which again usually turns off when the ignition is switched off.

Or do you have a separate system to the cab heating and ventilation?

If it is the vehicle air con that is causing the problem it should work off the engine battery only, so it is difficult to understand why the habitation battery went flat as well.

May be worth you starting a new thread in the "heating and air conditioning" forum with a suitable heading that will catch the eye of the many technical experts on this forum, because I reckon I have about reached my limits of knowledge.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I think Simon s air con and other things need someone to go through all his leccy system -never seen so many wires coming off a engine battery -not 100% sure but he may well have roof mounted air con unit -know he has solar and a Isolating switch which I would think would be used to isolate the engine battery -just needs to be all gone through and write down what does what -the simple task of clipping jump leads on was a task in it's self :DMarg makes good coffee though (y)
terry

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hi I think Simon s air con and other things need someone to go through all his leccy system -never seen so many wires coming off a engine battery -not 100% sure but he may well have roof mounted air con unit -know he has solar and a Isolating switch which I would think would be used to isolate the engine battery -just needs to be all gone through and write down what does what -the simple task of clipping jump leads on was a task in it's self :DMarg makes good coffee though (y)
terry
Marg says thanks

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
terry
If you do have roof mounted habitation air con and it was left on then that will explain the flat habitation battery I guess. Can't see a solar panel keeping up with that. And if the engine battery is directly wired to the leisure battery then I guess that would also flatten.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Are we talking about the same thing I wonder? I am referring to the air con that comes out of the vents in the dash board and at the drivers and passengers feet. That usually cools the air using a pump that is mechanically driven (not electrically) by a belt from the pulley shaft on the engine. When the engine does not turn then the pump does not work and nor does the A/C. And the cool air is then blown into the cab using the same electrical fan as for the heating system, which again usually turns off when the ignition is switched off.

Or do you have a separate system to the cab heating and ventilation?

If it is the vehicle air con that is causing the problem it should work off the engine battery only, so it is difficult to understand why the habitation battery went flat as well.

May be worth you starting a new thread in the "heating and air conditioning" forum with a suitable heading that will catch the eye of the many technical experts on this forum, because I reckon I have about reached my limits of knowledge.
The air con ( on the dashboard) stays on when the re cycle switch is on only, I am saying it's probably this cos it was left on for a day, in reality, it could be anything, When I got up on the Monday morning the 12v to the van was switched off and the battery alarm flashing light was flashing, I started the geni the day before but don't think this tripped anything as we had lights going to bed on Sunday night therefore I am only assuming that something was left on, as the battery state showed 13 volts on Sunday I am surmising that, not being on H/U for 4 days has depleted the batteries and I haven't noticed.
Everything appears normal at the moment and I will eventually get around to checking a view things with the multimeter, vehicle battery is fairly new, leisure batteries never given a problem before and have 3 big solar panels on roof that were kicking in 14 volts or more. However I am becoming more aware that solar panels alone will not recharge the batteries fully (see thread on MHF, name to follow) and although this has not been a problem before and have wildcamped for over month in said van, I might have to put it down to sods law!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Certainly seems to be a problem somewhere in the system then. I have 2 x 100W solar panels and 2 x 110Ahr batteries and over the 4 days at Lincoln the leisure batteries never dipped below 88% capacity according to the Schaudt display. Every evening they were on 100% after charging during the day. When I left Monday morning they were on 94% IIRC. We used lights and TV, but not extensively as we were out most evenings. AFAIK the better Solar controllers (including mine according to Schaudt) boost the voltage to a higher level (at the expense of the current) so as to fully charge the batteries.

BTW thanks for your part in the cracking entertainment on Sunday. (y)(y) Much better than anything Warners put on

Apr 30, 2013
barrow-in-furness
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2011
We would just like to say thanks for a lovely weekend! With a special thank-you to Jim & Sian, all the marshals and to all the musicians & singers for the brilliant Saturday night entertainment.
While stopping at Bury on the way home it was nice to bump into some more Funster's at the camp site

drivewaynewcastle

Free Member
Jul 8, 2015
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great! I've been wanting to get a new van since the old one is costing me too much for repairs. Looking forward to seeing your motorhome show soon! Cheers

May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
brise please can you put me on the list have booked and paid warners and filled form in thanks regards mervyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back