Parc-Verger... Gentle reminder... (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Ok for French sausages .... I'll take a few different ones.....As for the Boeuf Bourguignon ..... You are aware it doesn't go on a BBQ aren't you? :eek:...
I would have loved to make one but it's a bit to late now , planning is fully booked....BUT this is an excellent reason to come here and have a proper one before you go to Spain! You or any other funster who would enjoy one .... is welcome.

Lesleyjean has probably a good souvenir of it LOL when she came with hubby Alan and Sister Dot+hubby

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie,
Thought you would have brought Toulouse sausages;);)
Is there anything specific BBQ wise you want us to bring, we shall be arriving just after lunch Saturday.
Steve & Sue

I will yes , plus a few others, and probably Merguez too ...just in case some of you don't know what it is (Arabian food.... used a lot by Blackfoot which I am)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Even after nearly 11 years am not that fond of any of them !! Haggis that is a different story ! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"stevec".... a new member pulled in yesterday afternoon...

Only staying a couple of days, as they are on their way to the tunnel homeward bound...

Good to put another face to a name... (y)

Bit of mist this morning,,,, but sun is breaking through... went down to 10 deg last night.. :(

Even had to put the heating on... :(;)

Off to get a Hire car this morning... so the girls can go shopping... :RollEyes:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Just bought 5 kgs of different sausages .....YUMMY ........;)(y)

But..... I can't put them all in the fridge....:Eeek::Eeek: ...... Coolbox will do the job then.... Yipeee Party time:party::party::drink::beerchug:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Errrr..... I thought there was a BBQ on Saturday evening .... Never got "the wine and cheese" bit!
I don't know how it happened, but ..... we now have quite a few sausages and no BBQ evening !
Shall I bring them then or shall I deep freeze them?
Mind you there is still Sunday lunch to enjoy sausages I only leave at 4.00pm! But I have NO BBQ !LOL !

Mo ? Any idea ? I certainly can't eat 5 kgs of sausages on my own :sick:

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Chinese whispers, at this rate it'll roast beef with all the trimmings. We'll bring the yorkshires. Horse radish anyone?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Errrr..... I thought there was a BBQ on Saturday evening .... Never got "the wine and cheese" bit!
I don't know how it happened, but ..... we now have quite a few sausages and no BBQ evening !
Mind you there is still Sunday lunch to enjoy sausages I only leave at 4.00pm! But I have NO BBQ !LOL !

Am sure we can fit in both !! Lol Comme les français peut être ?? BBQ à midi et vin et fromage le soir ??

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Hi Frankie and others.... I think 5 kg of sausages will be a bit too many...

Others will no doubt bring bit`s and pieces,,,

Think we will have to have a Cheese and Wine early pm on Sat, and the fry up/Bar-B-Q in the evening..(y)

And any coming.... If you have a bar-b-q you could bring, would help... looks like there will be about 12 - 16 people .... and we only have a ring and a Paella dish with us on this trip... :(

How does that sound.. ? (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Am sure we can fit in both !! Lol Comme les français peut être ?? BBQ à midi et vin et fromage le soir ??

LOL ..... I am not coming before end of afternoon (working up to lunch time!! and then drive all the way)so if BBQ at lunch time then you will not see my sausages Ahahahaha!

BBQ after wine and cheese is nice. I have tried already to fit my SMALL BBQ in my small rear cupboard and it doesn't get in ..... so very puzzled on where to put it. Will try though, it can only go under the table where there will already be the coolbox .... but I would not rely on this one, Max is small you know:unsure:

Anyone who could bring one????

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sounds like you are going to have fun. Wished we were there but sadly we are not :( :( :( ENJOY XXX

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I can bring a baby morrison's bucket one as the home BBQ would never get in the van . Bit small but hope others can bring one too !!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I managed to take most of my things out of the wardrobe , and the little BBQ gets in . But I will put it under the table when going back home otherwise all my clothes will smell sausages:Eeek::Eeek::RollEyes:

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
We have a twitchy folding BBQ in the motorhome permanently so will have that and I am bringing some chicken kebabs (y) At least I will now I know we will be there for the BBQ

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Dont panic everybody, we have all the essentials to cook on/in always in the van with us, even if we have to do it in batches. Don't forget we are funsters after all.(y);) see you at around 2.15pm on saturday.
Steve & Sue

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Just wish we could be there. So have a great time.

(Heading for Parc Verger soon as my broken leg is OK-now have a part (3stone max!) weight-bearing plaster, with X ray in 2 weeks, then 3 weeks & hopefully all sorted, assuming all is still healed.)

We are living full-time in our motorhome & will be house-hunting in France asap.

All the best,

Roger

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
No diet-careful hopping, support from Hettie the Hymer furniture & back to 2 crutches outside.

Stayed at my daughters' looking after poorly grandson yesterday & it's so good to be home in Hettie. How weird is that? After living in a house all our lives.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back