Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
If all goes to plan I will be in Aberdeenshire (Peterhead) on Wednesday buying a new to me van I have a day or 2 but must be home on south coast Sussex sunday. Where shall I visit ? need to be heading south but open to suggestions Thanks in advance Paul

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you're buying from a dealer, would it be a good idea to stay "local" for a couple of days while you sort the new van out? Even if buying private you perhaps might consider it. Plenty of nice places around there.

TerryL

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
But if you want a bit of scenery you need to head West from Aberdeen before continuing south if you come over to the a9 and drive down that way then you'll pass some lovely places

Alternatively you'll be coming down around Braemar etc which is a lovely area lots of possibilities for wild camping

Im more a fan of the west than the east but To be honest anywhere north of Perth your in God's country .....enjoy it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
If your in Scotland in August you must visit Edinburgh. the Fringe Festival is on and the Military Tattoo (probably too late for tickets). The city is at it's very best in August.
The Fringe has all sorts of shows with 00's of venues.
There are also many street performers with very unique acts.
Glasgow is also on a high with the CGs , all Glasgow museums are free entry and are very good.......new Transport Museum , Peoples Palace , Kelvingrove Gallery.
The Burrell Collection is somewhere else you could visit.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Did you buy the van, how did it go. :Smile:

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
A good place locally is Stonehaven, nice caravan club site or wild camping at stonehaven harbour. Only about 20 min from Aberdeen is you need to go back to dealers

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have just returned from there last weekend. Just outside Peterhead is Cruden Bay a lovely harbour with a motorhome friendly attitude. As it is only 8 miles away it would give you a good opportunity to test your new mh not far from your vendor.

If you fancy a beautiful off site beach venue with dunes and caves try New Aberdour Beach about 30 miles north of Peterhead and just beyond Fraserburgh with an interesting deep sea fishing harbour which you can walk around. Try Findlays fish restaurant for a real fish and chips treat.

If you want a good shopping opportunity then you will find Aberdeen on your way north or home.

Lots of beautiful countryside to enjoy in Aberdeenshire

Norman

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I thought you already had a Burstner Delfin that was absolutely stunning inside ... as at Sandy Meet .... Have I got the wrong man?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Carol, If I have got the right man, he was at the Sandy meet and he had a Burstner and it was absolutely beautiful ... all sort of Marine type decor inside......

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
That was Glen joy. Porkster had a chat with him - the one u went in whilst waiting for the BBQ !!!
And bought one in Scotland !
Nice one I hear!!!
Hope it's as nice as glens ! (Musicboy on here but no internet! )

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
All went well Thanks stayed In Fraserburgh first night and Perth next evening then at a ths in Houghton Le Spring where some friends visited us and then Dobbs weir hertford last night. Learnign the van as we go along it is a Delfin and god knows how the control panel works lol

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
All went well Thanks stayed In Fraserburgh first night and Perth next evening then at a ths in Houghton Le Spring where some friends visited us and then Dobbs weir hertford last night. Learnign the van as we go along it is a Delfin and god knows how the control panel works lol
Phone glen!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back