Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
At the minute I'm using an iPad 4 with a T mobile pay as you go sim.Mrs Vlad is the technical one and last year assured me we'd have internet throughout our travels.Its not often she's right,but,would you believe it she was wrong again:Doh: :winky:
Basically it like to know,(in terms an idiot can understand just in case I don't get it and wifey has to set it up) what's needed.

Vlad

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
At the minute I'm using an iPad 4 with a T mobile pay as you go sim.Mrs Vlad is the technical one and last year assured me we'd have internet throughout our travels.Its not often she's right,but,would you believe it she was wrong again:Doh: :winky:
Basically it like to know,(in terms an idiot can understand just in case I don't get it and wifey has to set it up) what's needed.

Vlad

Well I can not comment on your set up and there are many ways to get on the internet in France..I am on SFR with my laptop..and my friend is on with his Ipad on the deal below...and it works well

if you live in France and have a address with a landline you could have, SFR or Orange live box router with wifi....for at home but for mobile the deal below is what you want.

This is one for the Ipads prepaye sim (pay as you go)
.....then top up on the internet.....top ups 9 euros for 1 gb for 7 days....
or 30 euros for 4 gb for 30 days.

Broken Link Removed

Les offres SFR Connecté Partout

Que souhaitez vous ?
Je veux un forfait
avec une tablette
à prix réduit

Je veux une offre avec
carte SIM pour connecter ma tablette 3G+ / 4G

Je veux connecter
mes appareils WiFi ou
mon ordinateur portable

Les forfaits
pour un usage régulier
L’offre sans abonnement
pour un usage occasionnel

Votre offre prépayée pour votre Carte SIM seule avec kit prêt à surfer
Kit prêt à surfer SIM standard
INCLUS : 15 jours de connexion jusqu’à 200Mo
- Sans abonnement, sans engagement
- Rechargeable même sans crédit avec les recharges prépayées SFR Connecté Partout

0€ /mois
Sélectionnez votre Carte SIM (1)

Aperçu
Carte SIM seule avec kit prêt à surfer

9,90€

Sélectionnez vos accessoires

Les avantages des forfaits tablettes de SFR

Accédez à Internet en toute mobilité, naviguez facilement et sans compter depuis votre tablette. Avec les forfaits tablettes de SFR, profitez pleinement d’offres adaptées à vos besoins et à ceux de votre tablette avec un forfait iPad par exemple.

Nos engagements
Livraison gratuite en 48h
ou retrait en espace SFR**
Satisfait ou remboursé
Besoin d'aide
sur les offres SFR Connecté partout ?
Parler à un conseiller
Click to Chat Button
Documents téléchargeables

Conditions Générales d'Abonnement
La fiche d'information standardisée SFR Connecté Partout 3Go
La fiche d'information standardisée SFR Connecté Partout 6Go
Brochure tarifaire
Mentions légales

Broken Link Removed

Logo de SFR.FR www.sfr.fr
VOTRE COMMANDE
1Panier2Informations3Paiement
Carte SIMTrouver un espace SFR
Carte SIM seule avec kit prêt à surfer Modifier
9,90€
À payer aujourd'hui
9,90€

Votre forfait
Kit prêt à surfer SIM standard Modifier
Gratuit
Ajouter des options
À payer tous les mois Gratuit
Récapitulatif de votre commande SFR
Livraison gratuite à domicile
Votre carte SIM sera envoyée directement sous 72h à l'adresse que vous renseignerez à l'étape suivante
Vous bénéficiez d'un code Promo?
Valider
À payer aujourd'hui à SFR 9,90€
À payer tous les mois à SFRGratuit

Je reconnais avoir pris connaissance et accepter les Conditions Générales de Vente, les Conditions Générales d'Abonnement ainsi que les Conditions tarifaires relatives à l'offre SFR que je souscris. Passer commande
Déjà client SFR ?
En validant votre panier, vous allez souscrire à une nouvelle ligne SFR.
Si vous souhaitez changer de forfait ou de mobile, cliquez sur l'un des liens suivants :

Changer votre forfait | Changer votre mobile

Or you could get a booster and get free wifi....if you are a Fon..or BTopenzone member...or there are many supermarkets, Mc Don, library...

In Fact our friend who is on the deal above on his Ipad...is far better than the one he has at home on the land line

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think most if not all UK PAYG SIM cards won't work for data outside the UK. In case yours does you need to set the 'phone to allow data roaming. No idea how to do this on an iThing but it is what I have to do on my Android. You could try ringing the T Mobile operator and ask them what needs to be done.

Assuming your PAYG won't work, and it will be cheaper anyway even if it does, I think you need to buy a local SIM card - assuming of course your iThing is not locked. I would look for a 'phone shop and in best sign language and shouting loudly where this does not work get them to sort it out with a SIM card and unlocking, if required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If your Ipad isn't locked to one company in your case T Mobile then once you come of the train nip in to the supermarket at cite de Europe and buy a French pay as you go sim. Either that or you can buy one from this site

http://www.motorhomewifi.com/

I have never used them but they are meme rs on here and get good reviews.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Ahhhh, our story:Doh:

OK, here's what we've found having spent weeks in France trying to get our ipad connecting.

WiFi as we know it Scotty, is random to say the least. Old Macdonalds is as good as it gets on the road.

3G, (we have an unlocked ipad), well that's really frustrating. We bought an Orange sim in France (Euros...beaucoup) and topped it up several times from the machines in the Orange shops (Plus beaucoup de Euros). However, coverage is patchy and both download and upload speeds are poor.

We asked several, nay many, wise Netherlanders, who seem to have the handle of such 3G matters and the answer was much the same.....'It's France, better going to Spain where such things work properly'......:thumb:

So, when we go back in October, we will not bother with 3G, just use whatever camp WiFi we can get, until we get to Spain. ::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ahhhh, our story:Doh:

OK, here's what we've found having spent weeks in France trying to get our ipad connecting.

WiFi as we know it Scotty, is random to say the least. Old Macdonalds is as good as it gets on the road.

3G, (we have an unlocked ipad), well that's really frustrating. We bought an Orange sim in France (Euros...beaucoup) and topped it up several times from the machines in the Orange shops (Plus beaucoup de Euros). However, coverage is patchy and both download and upload speeds are poor.

We asked several, nay many, wise Netherlanders, who seem to have the handle of such 3G matters and the answer was much the same.....'It's France, better going to Spain where such things work properly'......:thumb:

So, when we go back in October, we will not bother with 3G, just use whatever camp WiFi we can get, until we get to Spain. ::bigsmile:

I live in France....I used to have a monthly contract on a orange dongle...it was terrible I spent most of mb trying to get onto the internet only to find it was slow if and when I did get onto the internet:Doh:...orange land line fine..so I packed up with them and went onto a SFR sim pre payee and never regretted it:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I can not comment on your set up and there are many ways to get on the internet in France..I am on SFR with my laptop..and my friend is on with his Ipad on the deal below...and it works well

if you live in France and have a address with a landline you could have, SFR or Orange live box router with wifi....for at home but for mobile the deal below is what you want.

This is one for the Ipads prepaye sim (pay as you go)
.....then top up on the internet.....top ups 9 euros for 1 gb for 7 days....
or 30 euros for 4 gb for 30 days.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Or you could get a booster and get free wifi....if you are a Fon..or BTopenzone member...or there are many supermarkets, Mc Don, library...

In Fact our friend who is on the deal above on his Ipad...is far better than the one he has at home on the land line

Sfr...

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The T-mobile pay in advance (not PAYGO)data sim will work abroad, and because it will use any network outside the UK will usually get a signal(though always 3G) you must buy a specific roaming package though. I've forgotten what they call them offhand, and they are not particularly cheap. A local sim will be cheaper but will only use one network so coverage may not be as good.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
You could get one of these SIMS

Link Removed

They work all over Europe on 2g, 3g and 4g.

It works out £2.50 per day for a whopping 500 meg, but the nice thing is you only pay on the days you use it.

I used one over in Spain last month and found it to be very fast even on 3g. 500 meg of data is more than enough for pretty heavy usage as long as you're not watching HD movies from Netflix.

Hope that helps.

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
You could get one of these SIMS

Link Removed

They work all over Europe on 2g, 3g and 4g.

It works out £2.50 per day for a whopping 500 meg, but the nice thing is you only pay on the days you use it.

I used one over in Spain last month and found it to be very fast even on 3g. 500 meg of data is more than enough for pretty heavy usage as long as you're not watching HD movies from Netflix.

Hope that helps.

Good info :thumb:

I gather this SIM will work in Mi-Fi devices too?

Hah! I knew I should have read the website first, it says this is recommended for use in a Mi-Fi device

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Good info :thumb:

I gather this SIM will work in Mi-Fi devices too?

Hah! I knew I should have read the website first, it says this is recommended for use in a Mi-Fi device

They are really only for Mifi as they are expensive for voice - data only.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back