Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Not motorhome related, but here goes
Got adac for the motorhome , but we were near Whitby on holiday yesterday and my golf ground to a halt on a dual carriageway.
Phoned adac with some trepidation after reading some horror stories.
Spoke to operator who spoke English, she got aa patrol to us in 35 mins, when he arrived was great, could not fix the problem so towed us to Middlesbrough vw garage.
Phoned adac for hire car, they couldent authorise until vw garage had faxed them the time they would have the car.
They could authorise an overnight stay in a local hotel though!
In the end didn't need either, but was impressed with the service I got from them

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You did better than us :thumb:

When we called for assistance , we spent over 1 hour trying all the ADAC numbers and only got recorded messages in German .

We did speak eventually to one operator who said " i don't speak English " and put the phone down ...

I contacted ADAC 6 weeks ago, forwarding a complaint and they still have not replied :Eeek:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Very strange the two different reports you get on this, like two compleatly different companies, not just these two posts , many before

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
easygirl

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
I called on 4 separate occasions , and spoke to 4 different people.
All spoke good English, all were very helpful
Just my experience

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
It would help if the absoloute definitive numbers for UK breakdowns.renewals/info were published. I have a note of +44 49 89 22 22 22 as the number to call for uk breakdowns, but I've no idea if it is the correct 24hr number. My membership has lapsed because I have been unable to renew. 3/4 attempts have resulted in German speakers or recorded messages each time. A lengthy email correspondance led to instructions to fax details to a certain number. A very detailed fax incliding scans of both sides of a credit card and scans of renewal forms dissapeared without trace. In a lot of instances I feel I detect a high degree of arrogance, and zero allowance for my lack of understanding of their procedures.

Malcolm

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Never had a problem renewing, do it via email. Never had to call them out either ( jinxed it now :Doh: ) so don‘t know how that might go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You did better than us :thumb:

When we called for assistance , we spent over 1 hour trying all the ADAC numbers and only got recorded messages in German .

We did speak eventually to one operator who said " i don't speak English " and put the phone down ...

I contacted ADAC 6 weeks ago, forwarding a complaint and they still have not replied :Eeek:

Out of interest i emailed ADAC yet again about the above complaint and it is now 8 weeks and still no reply :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back