LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have the opportunity of buying another RMB, a 760 on the 7500kg chassis, so will give me a higher train weight to tow the bigger trailer required for the car and scooters. Anyone seriously interested in the purchase of a serious 670 Silver Star that is fully loaded by the factory with every extra available, with comprehensive service records including original bill of sale, this is it. My RMB is not a cheap van, but if you want the finest quality money can buy and a van that will last more than a lifetime send me a PM. This van was commissioned from the factory as a 2 berth, with more than enough storage for a couple on long term tours or full timing. Interior solid woodwork is in grey ash and is not dark, as some older MHs are. The interior soft furnishings were professionally recovered in pale blue half leather to complement the light woodwork and the floor recovered in matching Rhinofloor at a cost of 2K last year. Those that may be interested will know the van and also know the value of it so please only genuine enquiries. As always, circumstances change, more-so with me than many, so be quick before I send it back to Germany for sale.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A little bit about my 670.
RMB Silver Star built on the Mercedes 410D chassis with gross weight of 4600kgs. 2.9 turbo diesel with 180000kms on the clock. Automatic gearbox with diff lock on rear twin wheels. Full MOT. New front tyres and good rears with good spare. Fixed bed over rear full size 2 door garage, accessible from both sides. 12 volt roof mounted air-conditioning over bedroom with bedroom roof vent. 1500 watt pure sine wave inverter factory fitted and usable by all sockets. 3 X 110 amp leisure batteries charged by mains battery charger or 250 Watts of solar panels, or wind generator. All 12 volt wiring through a shunt and MTC magnatronic display, giving constant display of state of charge. LED bulbs throughout. Cramer ceramic hob, ducted through wardrobe onto roof, so no naked flame in van. Nature pure drinking water tap fitted with new cartridge. Large LPG tank and also gas locker with 2 X 11 Kg bottles with Truma auto switchover and internal 12 switch to switch gas off. Truma gas blown air heating and Eberspacher diesel heater. Truma gas boiler with new mains element. Many 12 volt Hella sockets and mains sockets throughout. Newer Dometic AES fridge freezer. Oyster automatic satellite dish with 17 inch TV DVD player with memory stick facility, works on both 12 volt and mains. Separate shower and toilet with ceramic sink. All taps are stainless steel. Huge freshwater tank, black toilet tank and waste water tanks. AEG microwave oven, also works from the inverter. Towbar and electrics. Stainless steel wheel trims. Extractor fans in bathroom and kitchen through roof vents. All windows double glazed including cab. Roll down windscreen blind. All cupboard catches, locks and lights in solid brass or stainless steel. Electric step. Omnistore awning. Yale locks on habitation door and double Yale locks on garage doors. The body shell is a one piece monocoque fibreglass shell, so leaks are not possible. Even the floor is fibreglass. All woodwork is in solid light ash, the upholstery is in half pale blue leather with matching cloth trim. The floor has been recovered in matching Rhinofloor. The cab and dash area was re carpeted professionally last year at the same time new matching curtains were made throughout. The quality of this van has never been matched before or since and will still be here when the owner is pushing up daisies. They were not mass produced, but bespoke built to the individual customers requirements.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Many thanks for the interest, there has been quite a lot :thumb:. Here is a few outside photos and I will post inside ones later. I forgot to mention this van is fully winterised to German standards. All tanks are heated as is the garage. The road legal buggy is also for sale complete with trailer.

Attachments

• RMB 021.jpg
    RMB 021.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 267
  • RMB 018.jpg
    RMB 018.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 286
  • RMB 011.jpg
    RMB 011.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 286
  • RMB 012.jpg
    RMB 012.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 268
  • RMB 019.jpg
    RMB 019.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 270
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Here are the internals.

Attachments

• RMB makeover 014.jpg
    RMB makeover 014.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 257
  • RMB makeover 018.jpg
    RMB makeover 018.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 258
  • RMB makeover 009.jpg
    RMB makeover 009.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 269
  • RMB makeover 010.jpg
    RMB makeover 010.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 257
  • RMB makeover 017.jpg
    RMB makeover 017.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 248

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That is a smart van:thumb:

The fact that the toilet may have been pre - used appears to rule us out:Doh:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That is a smart van:thumb:

The fact that the toilet may have been pre - used appears to rule us out:Doh:::bigsmile:

It has a big black tank, so no messing about with those plastic boxes :winky:. Dont worry about the toilet being used, give me the right money and I will put you a new one in :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It has a big black tank, so no messing about with those plastic boxes :winky:. Dont worry about the toilet being used, give me the right money and I will put you a new one in :thumb:

Need to finish paying for this one first.::bigsmile:

Lovely van though. Good luck.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave you should have no problem shifting the van ---I'll swop you a newly converted shity transit for it :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave you should have no problem shifting the van ---I'll swop you a newly converted shity transit for it :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

You have done a great job on that Tranny pal, but it unfortunately is not heavy enough for my new project. Am moving back into the heavyweight class (in more ways than one) :Doh:. Get it converted to cash quick, I can handle cash better ::bigsmile:.

barearse

Free Member
Dec 31, 2012
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just starting
RMB Silverstar

She's a credit to you Snowbird!:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You have done a great job on that Tranny pal, but it unfortunately is not heavy enough for my new project. Am moving back into the heavyweight class (in more ways than one) :Doh:. Get it converted to cash quick, I can handle cash better ::bigsmile:.

The Transit will be up for sale come Monday but I don't think yours will last that long :Smile: Heck I am even half tempted to sell Alice my ambulance :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
If this is the motorhome you came to Cwmcuttan in its a beauty, someone will get a realy lovely motorhome that will last and last.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The Transit will be up for sale come Monday but I don't think yours will last that long :Smile: Heck I am even half tempted to sell Alice my ambulance :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

These things dont come up for sale very often Terry, as there were not that many made due to the high price when new. When they do, its difficult to find one as well sorted as this one, especially with the light coloured wood. Those that own them hardly ever part with them because what can they be replaced with in todays market. Its only when owners stop travelling or from an estate sale that they can be purchased. I have the original order, build sheet and invoice, all in a ring back folder. The price when new was 170630DM plus another 19449 in factory fitted extras. I sometimes wonder what sort of person would pay 190079 DM in 1990 for a motorhome. Then keep it for 20 years until they stopped travelling. If they could afford to buy a motorhome at that price when it was new I would presume that if anything better came onto the market in the 20 years of there ownership, they would have bought it. I can only guess that nothing tempted them. For a couple or single traveller, this van cannot be bettered at any price and is only for sale due to change of plans. I do need the extra train weight and will of course only be replacing the 670 with a heavier vehicle. Never deny yourself quality, you have earned it :thumb:

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Rmb

Hi
Have seen the the motorhome when we were in benidorm we stayed on villasol
Normally there is just 2 of us but sometimes we have the grand kids but only on short trips. How many belted seats are there and is it possible to make temporary beds for just weekend use.also obviously the price
Kind regards
Alan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi
Have seen the the motorhome when we were in benidorm we stayed on villasol
Normally there is just 2 of us but sometimes we have the grand kids but only on short trips. How many belted seats are there and is it possible to make temporary beds for just weekend use.also obviously the price
Kind regards
Alan

Hi, There are 3 belted pilot seats as its the bar version. Pats son who is an adult sometimes comes with us and sleeps on the coach with the drivers seat as an extension. We have done trips of 10 days like this with no problem.

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Rmb

Hi
Sounds as though we could manage as the kids are small but obviously need to know the price and as I live in France would you be interested in euros.
Kind regards
Alan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi
Sounds as though we could manage as the kids are small but obviously need to know the price and as I live in France would you be interested in euros.
Kind regards
Alan

PM sent.

StuJames

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi there... I am also interested in knowing the sales price just for the RMB.. I have tried sending you PM am new on here and to motorhome life etc...

I would like to know a little more about your motorhome so maybe better to have a chat..?

Kindest regards

Stu James.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi there... I am also interested in knowing the sales price just for the RMB.. I have tried sending you PM am new on here and to motorhome life etc...

I would like to know a little more about your motorhome so maybe better to have a chat..?

Kindest regards

Stu James.. :thumb:

email an PM sent.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Lovely van, looks brand new, credit to you and the original builders.

However if you want to sell it why dont you put the price on the post? After all I am not poersonally looking but we all meet people who may be looking and then we can plug the van, but the first thing there going to ask is.

How much?

Ps, also helps out us nosey buggers::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

However if you want to sell it why dont you put the price on the post? After all I am not poersonally looking but we all meet people who may be looking and then we can plug the van, but the first thing there going to ask is.

How much?

Quite simply, like the old Rolls Royce advert. If you need to ask the price of the Rolls Royce of motorhomes....am afraid you cant afford it sir ::bigsmile:.
Some things in life are difficult to put a price on. Only those that deserve quality will buy quality :Cool:.
Frankly I dont need to sell it as it will sell itself, I dont need the money, I do need more parking space. If I had more parking space at home I would keep it just to know I had it, I do need to get rid of some toys though ::bigsmile:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is this a new 23ft 9 thread:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dont you think it makes a pleasant change from photos of speeding signs, gassing, grey water dumping, dog dodo, football, rugby, wild camping, where to park in Dover, threads though :ROFLMAO:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Quite simply, like the old Rolls Royce advert. If you need to ask the price of the Rolls Royce of motorhomes....am afraid you cant afford it sir ::bigsmile:.
Some things in life are difficult to put a price on. Only those that deserve quality will buy quality :Cool:.
Frankly I dont need to sell it as it will sell itself, I dont need the money, I do need more parking space. If I had more parking space at home I would keep it just to know I had it, I do need to get rid of some toys though ::bigsmile:.

How much?

Disregarding the Rolls Royce bit and sticking with the nosey, as I have no intention of buying it anyway

I was curious enough to see what it actually cost in UK £'s, found a link back to 1990 exchange rates, that made it about £65K when new

I bought a Range Rover in 1993 for not far short of that, if I had the misfortune to still own it now I would struggle to sell it, only fit for scrapping

Just goes to show what a great investment MH's are (can be when looked after)

Go on, give us a clue what it might be worth :whatthe:, I reckon it might be the best residual value % in the MH world given its age, mine is worth about 50% of original retail price at only 5 years old :Angry:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Disregarding the Rolls Royce bit and sticking with the nosey, as I have no intention of buying it anyway

I was curious enough to see what it actually cost in UK £'s, found a link back to 1990 exchange rates, that made it about £65K when new

I bought a Range Rover in 1993 for not far short of that, if I had the misfortune to still own it now I would struggle to sell it, only fit for scrapping

Just goes to show what a great investment MH's are (can be when looked after)

Go on, give us a clue what it might be worth :whatthe:, I reckon it might be the best residual value % in the MH world given its age, mine is worth about 50% of original retail price at only 5 years old :Angry:

Now let me think.....1990 I bought a house for £12000, with a bit of extending it recently sold for £350000 , not by me I may add. But in todays value, what would 65K be worth from 1990. Looking at it that way, I should have kept the 12K house. In 1970 I bought a 2 bed house for £250 cash, unfortunately I had to sell that to buy another at £750. I wish I still had all the houses I bought and sold over the years, but had to sell em to buy another. I would imagine as an investment a motorhome would be as much use as an igloo in the Sahara, but as long as you buy wisely you should not lose anything. Although I cannot remember just how many motorhomes I have owned over the years and although I have rarely made any money out of them, I have never lost anything either. I have had the enjoyment of use which I consider a good investment in itself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back