Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Self built van
Exp
since 2003
Hi there, does anyone know if ADAC membership for u k residents is now closed.
By the way hi to everyone.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
there is much posted on this....:Sad: i could not get new membership earlier this year. but they appear to be renewing current members

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I was able to join earlier this year from the UK, passed to an English speaking operator and paid by card over the phone, but all subsequent correspondence has been in German!

PHD

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Cranwell, Sleaford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think ADAC does accept UK members but the website doesn't. http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/default.aspx

"For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses. If you do not have a German address, please contact an ADAC local office or call 0800 5 10 11 12 (Mon. - Sat. 8:00 - 20:00 hrs)."

I have been a member previously but I was living in Germany so it was straightforward. I intend to join this year once my current cover expires. Speaking a little German helps. The main advantage is the extended cover across EU without a 90 day limit.

Hope that helps.

P

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi and welcome to Fun

Try this link, I hope it works OK

MotorhomeFun > THE MOTORHOME FUN COMMUNITY > MOTORHOME CHAT >ADAC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
phone 004994155673 they all seem to speak perfect english on the membership number.
renewed mine on c/c by phone - no problem at all.

hth
bern

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I joined in early January 14 and had hoped the paperwork would be sorted before we left for Maroc on the 6th. Guess what it never appeared. Then when we got back in April there were three letters from them. First contained membership cards and details etc plus the bank transfer details for requested payment. Feb and March two more reminders through the letterbox. Haven't done anything about it sadly as I have adequate cover in UK and Europe.

OP
OP
sete12

sete12

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Self built van
Exp
since 2003
Dead link.

Hi there estcres, the link you gave me won't work but thanks for trying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
there is much posted on this....:Sad: i could not get new membership earlier this year. but they appear to be renewing current members

Please read this reply to my e-mail, re English membership, note the new conditions from the date quoted.

They have not detailed the reduced cover

"thank you for your message.

Please note that the new ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany since 01.01.2014. Your Plus membership provides the same services and benefits as in the last years. Your membership won't be terminated in December 2014. Your Plus membership is valid as long as you won't cancel it.

Your acquaintance could send a application form and could get a member.

The AA is still our partner automobile club in the UK. If you need help you could call 0049 89 22 22 22.

Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection."

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.

Sincerely yours

Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e. V. (ADAC e. V.)
Mitgliederservice
Mitgliedschaft+Versicherungen
Tel.: 0 89 76 76 66 32
Fax: 0 89 76 76 63 46
http://www.adac.de/impressum
!

The contact number for assistance I had was 08000289018 which differs from the number quoted, it would seem we have to contact ADAC who arrange/ask/tell the AA to assist. Not yet had to ask for help, hope we never will.

Has anyone called them out on either of these numbers?
If so which one worked ?

Would be interested to know, Thanks:thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back