Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
This seems cheap enough for a fancy gadget Has anyone had one of these, are they any good. Sorry I don't know how to make it into a link.

Broken Link Removed

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Totally agree with Brian, give wireless a sidestep. I've worked in this industry for nearly 13 years and seen quite a few wireless camera systems and not a single one has been reliable enough for me to even consider taking them on as a saleable product. They all suffer interference and usually just when you need them most.

Utter crap, avoid avoid, avoid!

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Yep would agree, no, definitely No to wireless, always problematic with interference. Fitting a wired system is relatively easy and much more reliable. If you are going to use a mirror screen to look to the rear, make sure it's a reverse image camera.
Did get all mine on e..y so you can source them easily.
hope it helps:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I have witnessed this first hand 2 vans reversing one has a wall behind the other one has nothing both vans had wireless cameras.
The van with the wall behind hit the wall because his monitor picked up the other vans camera picture and thought it was clear:Doh:

Needless to say I have only fitted and recommended wired systems.
and the silly thing with a wireless one is you still have to drill a hole in the bodywork to get the power to it so may as well fit a reliable wired one.

OP
OP
electrajohnt

electrajohnt

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Thanks

Ok I believe the wireless is not even a maybe then from you chaps, I will take your advice.

Next obvious question is which is the preferred one to have.

JohnT

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
:Smile:Really depends on how much you want to spend,
e..y have a selection and you can look at has a lot of advice and kits etc .
then just google "reversing cameras" there is lots of advice.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We use a kit which is something like this:

Broken Link Removed

Instead of hard-wiring ours into the ignition, we have a cig lighter type plug on it and just put in into one of the 12v sockets on the dash, it means it can be used as a rear view camera and/or reversing system as it is on all the time if we want it to be (as our 12v sockets go off when the ignition is turned off there's no danger of leaving it powered). The monitor just goes over the existing rear-view mirror so is at the place you 'naturally' look and the camera has night vision too. :thumb:

To fix the wiring to the chassis use some chassis clips as it makes the job much easier than trying to cable tie it!

Last edited:

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
We use a kit which is something like this:

Broken Link Removed

Instead of hard-wiring ours into the ignition, we have a cig lighter type plug on it and just put in into one of the 12v sockets on the dash, it means it can be used as a rear view camera and/or reversing system as it is on all the time if we want it to be (as our 12v sockets go off when the ignition is turned off there's no danger of leaving it powered). The monitor just goes over the existing rear-view mirror so is at the place you 'naturally' look and the camera has night vision too. :thumb:

To fix the wiring to the chassis use some chassis clips as it makes the job much easier than trying to cable tie it!

I fitted this one as well, easy to fit and very good picture. :thumb:

Keith

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I had the viese wireless one fitted when I brought the van but always had problems with interference especially when raining, have pulled into several garages and picked up their security monitors instead of my camera,
So last month replaced the system with a wired double camera at back and two side cameras to use on narrow lanes, keeps my side view mirrors being taken off by white van man:roflmto:
I brought all my bits from reversing cameras uk ltd ramsgate ct102yj at a good price, a bit tight to fit in places but straight forward,
Have fitted the side cameras to my flashers so when incating I can see a wider angle view then my mirrors, works great for the blind spot when approaching a junction that's more than 90 degrees,

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
These cameras are only let down by the poor quality paint or plastikote. Often coated over rusty metal, my dual camera fitted only a bit over a year ago is a disgrace :roflmto:
Still a good picture but I took it off today.

This is how it was, I since fitted a bike rack so better to have a low and high level pair instead
CA_12081213173590-L.jpg

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This is one I bought earlier today to replace the high level for permanent rear view
Broken Link Removed
I've yet to decide on the reversing one.

Cheap and easier to replace in future.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
These cameras are only let down by the poor quality paint or plastikote. Often coated over rusty metal, my dual camera fitted only a bit over a year ago is a disgrace :roflmto:

This is how it was, I since fitted a bike rack so better to have a low and high level pair instead
[IMG

My twin camera is a very similar unit but has a stainless steel bracket so is unlikely to corrode, it gives a excellent picture even in strong direct sunlight,
All in all very satisfied with my purchase ,

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The nearest I could find with SS bracket & shade is £299 which is 4 times the price of a regular dual.

takin the mick
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning

CA_12081213173590-L.jpg

I can second that comment, i ordered that same twin camera via Amazon (the same seller sells them on fleabay and other sites too) When it arrived the paint was already starting to blister in a couple of places and it looked like it had been painted over in a few spots with something like tipex - it was a completely different shade of white compared to the rest of the already crap finish on the cameras housing = sent it back for a refund but they refused to pay me the postage as they thought it looked OK:Eeek:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The one I bought yesterday has been posted first class recorded for delivery tomorrow.
The picture quality is unquestionable and for the price I'll just keep replacing it when/if it deteriorates badly.
There is also a number plate camera with 4 pin connector and I think I'll try it, I only need to re route one of my cables which is easy as I originally routed them through the garage.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
The nearest I could find with SS bracket & shade is £299 which is 4 times the price of a regular dual.

takin the mick
Broken Link Removed

Well it quite clearly says stainless steel,

The complete cost for camera+ 15M of lead+7 inch 4 way monitor and additional leads for side view cameras with P/ P was
£272.54

Camera details
This is a twin lens camera using high quality Sony CCD sensors. It has two cameras, one with a wide angled lens of 150 degrees which is used to look down across the rear of the vehicle when reversing. The other is a narrower angled lens of 90 degrees for use as an always on rear view. The angle of tilt between the cameras is adjustable in 15 degree steps approximately. The cameras can be replaced individually if a problem develops in one. The connectors to the camera are our 4 pin waterproof ones. To use these with a normal monitor then two CAB002 or two CAB004 needs to be purchased. We have created a number of systems based on this camera. As all of our monitors will take two AV inputs then the camera will happily work with them. The white bodied version has now been upgraded with a stalinless steel bracket. Although it is not marine grade stainless steel, it does seem fairly salt water resistant. We have tested a bare bracket in a salt water solution over a number of weeks. The only area to suffer any minor corrosion has been the areas weakened in the pressing out process of making the bracket. To our knowledge we are the only people who have this combination of camera angle and stainless steel bracket.

Time will tell but it meets all my requirements so far:thumb:

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If I was up for that budget I'd buy this at a couple of hundred less than other sellers
Broken Link Removed

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Well it quite clearly says stainless steel,

The complete cost for camera+ 15M of lead+7 inch 4 way monitor and additional leads for side view cameras with P/ P was
£272.54

Camera details
This is a twin lens camera using high quality Sony CCD sensors. It has two cameras, one with a wide angled lens of 150 degrees which is used to look down across the rear of the vehicle when reversing. The other is a narrower angled lens of 90 degrees for use as an always on rear view. The angle of tilt between the cameras is adjustable in 15 degree steps approximately. The cameras can be replaced individually if a problem develops in one. The connectors to the camera are our 4 pin waterproof ones. To use these with a normal monitor then two CAB002 or two CAB004 needs to be purchased. We have created a number of systems based on this camera. As all of our monitors will take two AV inputs then the camera will happily work with them. The white bodied version has now been upgraded with a stalinless steel bracket. Although it is not marine grade stainless steel, it does seem fairly salt water resistant. We have tested a bare bracket in a salt water solution over a number of weeks. The only area to suffer any minor corrosion has been the areas weakened in the pressing out process of making the bracket. To our knowledge we are the only people who have this combination of camera angle and stainless steel bracket.

Time will tell but it meets all my requirements so far:thumb:

You haven't given a link?

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
Sorry the company has already been mention in a earlier post,

Broken Link Removed

I managed to damaged one of my leads:Doh: but they were more than happy to replace it free of charge, that to me speaks volumes for the company as a whole,

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
That camera looks like the same make as the single one I just bought, I wonder if mine is painted over stainless (lives in hope)

EDIT no it doesn't
I've been browsing so many confusion sets in:roflmto:

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm tempted to fire this through from the garage
Broken Link Removed
$_103.JPG

Or this on the valance
Broken Link Removed

CA_03191313490169-M.jpg

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I am very pleased with my twin camera and 7" rear view monitor, I paid £169 from fleabay, there was a fault on the monitor and it was replaced straight the way with no hassle, don`t know yet about any rust, if so later will just replace camera if it cannot be repainted,

Was recommended by a seller at Newark show, when you get the camera give it two /three coats of clear lacquer, I would have done if I had known before it was fitted, another thing it didn`t come with grommets, cannot be put on this kit, so would have checked that out before buying, still saying that it is a great kit and wouldn`t like to be without the cameras.
Didn`t even consider wireless, I don`t use anything wireless.
Margaret

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Right I decided.
Bought the £56 one above.
It is made for thin walls or panels so this is my solution.
I will drill the rear wall above the valance in the centre the same diameter as the camera body itself but stop the holesaw pilot bit when it goes through the inner plywood. I'll then drill the plywood the diameter of the threaded section. This will allow the camera to recess almost flush to the outside whilst still being retained by the lockring.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Right I decided.
Bought the £56 one above.
It is made for thin walls or panels so this is my solution.
I will drill the rear wall above the valance in the centre the same diameter as the camera body itself but stop the holesaw pilot bit when it goes through the inner plywood. I'll then drill the plywood the diameter of the threaded section. This will allow the camera to recess almost flush to the outside whilst still being retained by the lockring.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back