LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Rather than hijack Dotplus6 thread and the rather nice Bailey 760 they have just acquired here is the new Duckmobile. A Pilote A Class 690L - the Brit friendly one with a huge lounge (and no Eurotable nailed to the floor either - it is a portable one) and huge bathroom, though Dawn did express doubt that my backside would be comfortable on the toilet, so I had to do a dry run. I did close the door first.

Got a twin lens reversing camera as a part of the deal plus a bike rack, and a very good price for the Broadway. Got a deal on the awning as well.

We pick it up on 23rd as soon as I'm back from my USA trip and Vanbitz booked for 6th June. Just need to sort the registration transfer which is actually easy as the new van is unregistered so it goes straight across rather than going on retention

Need to get the sat dome removed plus the solar panel. Phil from Rhino installs is too tied up but told me how to do it myself so I now have a job over the weekend. Rather excited about it.......:thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Rather than hijack Dotplus6 thread and the rather nice Bailey 760 they have just acquired here is the new Duckmobile. A Pilote A Class 690L - the Brit friendly one with a huge lounge (and no Eurotable nailed to the floor either - it is a portable one) and huge bathroom, though [HI]Dawn did express doubt that my backside would be comfortable on the toilet,[/HI] so I had to do a dry run. I did close the door first.

[HI]Got a twin lens reversing camera as a part of the deal[/HI] plus a bike rack, and a very good price for the Broadway. Got a deal on the awning as well.

We pick it up on 23rd as soon as I'm back from my USA trip and Vanbitz booked for 6th June. Just need to sort the registration transfer which is actually easy as the new van is unregistered so it goes straight across rather than going on retention

Need to get the sat dome removed plus the solar panel. Phil from Rhino installs is too tied up but told me how to do it myself so I now have a job over the weekend. Rather excited about it.......:thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Is the Camera handy for backing bum into toilet?:ROFLMAO:
Joking aside, Seriously nice looking van, enjoy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Is the Camera handy for backing bum into toilet?:ROFLMAO:
Joking aside, Seriously nice looking van, enjoy:thumb:

You might have been joking, but I wasn't. Strapped to the backside complete with one of those LED torches.............:ROFLMAO:

Edit - it has an industrial sized fridge / freezer - plenty of room for beverages and a bit of food :thumb:

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Lovely looking van with loads of lounging space, enjoy when you get it.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Lovely looking van and Hayes are IMO a great dealer to do business with - gave us a good price on our trade in and after sales were excellent.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Look lovely, hope you enjoy many happy hours in it, on it and beside it! :thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Congratulations .

nice Motorhome enjoy your free time

Mel

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Rather than hijack Dotplus6 thread and the rather nice Bailey 760 they have just acquired here is the new Duckmobile. A Pilote A Class 690L - the Brit friendly one with a huge lounge (and no Eurotable nailed to the floor either - it is a portable one) and huge bathroom, though Dawn did express doubt that my backside would be comfortable on the toilet, so I had to do a dry run. I did close the door first.

Got a twin lens reversing camera as a part of the deal plus a bike rack, and a very good price for the Broadway. Got a deal on the awning as well.

[HI]Need to get the sat dome removed plus the solar panel. Phil from Rhino installs is too tied up but told me how to do it myself so I now have a job over the weekend. [/HI]Rather excited about it.......:thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Couldn't you have asked the dealer to do the switch as part of the deal?

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Couldn't you have asked the dealer to do the switch as part of the deal?

It is a 10 minute job as the feet are left in place. I could have done - seeing them on saturday anyway so can discuss. The only problem if they fit it is that the sikaflex needs 24hrs to set for both this and the solar panel so there would be a a big delay. Thanks for the suggestion though

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Checked the post, no 'Van' warming invite, go on let me be the first to spill something. :roflmto:

They had some very neat vinyl floor coverings exactly the same as the real floor, so if you are both around some time, I will remove the carpet and then you can spill all you like. The fabric is scotch guarded....... :winky:

Probably not dog chew proof, though:winky:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Nice van and a nice price. :thumb:

Does the saving mean you'll not be foregoing the daily swan entricle sandwich for lunch? Heaven forbid you've pushed yourself into Tesco territory...::bigsmile:

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nice van and a nice price. :thumb:

Does the saving mean you'll not be foregoing the daily swan entricle sandwich for lunch? Heaven forbid you've pushed yourself into Tesco territory...::bigsmile:

The butler tells me that we may have to start buying Waitrose Essentials unicorn burgers rather than the really posh hand reared ones..........:winky:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
But undoubtedly worth the sacrifice.

I was worried your butler would have to be put out to pasture but you've gone for an economy 'van, so all's well. :roflmto:

In all seriousness, it's a very lovely motorhome. :thumb:

It seems to me, from my limited time as a motorhomer, that the new models are a step-change away from those of a few years ago. Things like LED lighting is having a dramatic effect on interior ambience and electric consumption, fridges are getting bigger, living area more opulent, bathrooms more 'boutique', engines / drivetrain more powerful and more economical... and so on. And yet prices seem to be more attractive than ever.

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
In all seriousness, it's a very lovely motorhome. :thumb:

It seems to me, from my limited time as a motorhomer, that the new models are a step-change away from those of a few years ago. Things like LED lighting is having a dramatic effect on interior ambience and electric consumption, fridges are getting bigger, living area more opulent, bathrooms more 'boutique', engines / drivetrain more powerful and more economical... and so on. And yet prices seem to be more attractive than ever.

Nice van yes, but your own van is pure class :thumb:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
DuxDeluxe - don't forget to join the Pilote Owners Association - www.Piloteowners.co.uk

There aren't that many of us and any extra Members with any input and experiences of your new Pilote would be welcomed.

:france::france::france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back