Increase your internet speed for free? (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Increase your internet speed for free? Well I was sceptical but the science bears out and so does the practicality so here is how followed by my results.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmMkiTB_uE"]Triple Your Internet Speed for Free - YouTube[/ame]

speed without the batteries

2 batteries added as per youtube vid.

well not treble but certainly faster

2 more batteries added and there is even more increase.

so for me it works, not added extra cable yet but I will do.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
"important to use electrical tape as it conducts electricity" ?????????????????????

granted everything does at some point BUT...its an insulator at that voltage!!

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ha ha I just used sticky backed plastic
it works

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
:ROFLMAO: Was this created on April 1st ???? :ROFLMAO:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
tried it didnt work on either tinternet :Doh: ....... or my thingie:Blush:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
C'mon Roger, an electrical wizz like you should be able to come up with a reason why a couple of batteries that aren't connected to anything should have any effect.
I can't try it as I only use wireless.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the original post explains all, its not April the 1st I tried it today and posted the results I am using wifi connection from the router but the router to phone cable has the batteries on, its not a wind up the results I posted were genuine.
I am beginning to think I should not have bothered. I don't bother with piss taking posts. So if you cannot be bothered to try it yourself please refrain from replying to this post. It only works with a landline obviously.:Sad::Sad::Sad:
just cannot help some people

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
already blown his credibiity.......Within the first few minutes.

"Its important to use electrical tape as it [HI]conducts[/HI] electricity"

If that were the case i must be writing this posthumously!!!!!!!!!

Absolute tosh.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry Wildman it is an old one. I remember seeing this some 3-5 years ago and it was a troll/joke back then and still is now.

The improvement you are seeing is not Triple like advertised it is a small bump in speed on one service.

That small bump is likely to be caused by some more rational explanation such as but not limited to;

• natural variability of your connection.
  • Caching
  • Routing stability
  • contention ratio variability
There are 100's more possible reasons for this test to show an improvement in these 3 cases but I am absolutely certain it is nothing to do with the totally useless advice given in this video.

There is a big difference between correlation and causation and I believe you just got (un)lucky with the timing of your tests.

But if you believe it carry on using it as you aren't hurting anyone else :thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just thought of another possible cause for the bump.

You did the first test....

Then you unplugged the cable to do the modification.

When you plugged it back in you got a cleaner connection in the socket which gave you the improvement.

Did you switch the router off to do this? When you switched it back on the exchange will have renegotiated the maximum speed achievable on your line....

Sorry will shut up now but you get the idea.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I never unplugged the cable can reach both ends from my chair, I never switched it off either I just added the batteries and ran speedtest again
current test with batteries

and with them removed

not quite so dramatic as before but its obvious to me something is happening

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
ok then explain the science bit then????

to create an induced emf in a conductor you need an external current flowing.. the video is just bull and will sadly confuse those who dont understand physics. now had he said that putting a ferrite ring or a magnet on the wire would help, well you "might" see a difference, but an AA battery and some insulating (or was it mythical conducting) tape will do nothing

perhaps try painting them with stripy paint or hang a long wait on the end:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Don't take it personal Roger..

This is a spoof video and the guy must have made it as a joke.. .. he's posted this crap to get hits and it's worked.. last count 630,147.. he's a troll.

I could post Speed test results that would also prove it.. and there is also a speed test spoof site where you can make up your own results.. Google: Spoof speed test..

Read some of the you tube comments.. :roflmto:

For his next trick he is going to demonstrate a perpetual motion machine.. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
There are a number of things in the video that point to it being a hoax, the main ones are 1) Electrical tape is an INSULATOR, and 2) by turning the batteries through 180 deg one effectively cancels the other. 3) do batteries actually have a magnetic field when they are not connected to anything. What happens if you bring a battery near a compass, not a lot I suspect.
4) Inductance relies on an inductor, i.e. a coil 5)adding unconnected wire will effect the magnetic flux if there is one.
So why does the speed increase? certainly not by 3x that's for sure.

the results I got were not from a spoof speedtest site I did them myself from my link not one he gave. As I said in the first post I was very sceptical and still am but the fact remains speed went up when I added batteries and came down when I took them off nothing was switched on or of or unplugged whilst I did it. nowhere near 3x but certainly a differance that has not yet been explained.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There are a number of things in the video that point to it being a hoax, the main ones are 1) Electrical tape is an INSULATOR, and 2) by turning the batteries through 180 deg one effectively cancels the other. [HI] 3) do batteries actually have a magnetic field when they are not connected to anything. What happens if you bring a battery near a compass, not a lot I suspect. [/HI]
4) Inductance relies on an inductor, i.e. a coil 5)adding unconnected wire will effect the magnetic flux if there is one.
So why does the speed increase? certainly not by 3x that's for sure.

the results I got were not from a spoof speedtest site I did them myself from my link not one he gave. As I said in the first post I was very sceptical and still am but the fact remains speed went up when I added batteries and came down when I took them off nothing was switched on or of or unplugged whilst I did it. nowhere near 3x but certainly a differance that has not yet been explained.

Intrigued by the question I tested a AAA battery with a compass.. and yes, it does affect it.. the compass needle aligns with the battery, and the pos+ of the battery attracts the N pole of the compass.

Soo.. this shows that a dry cell battery has a magnetic field with NO current flowing..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back