Ipad help with photos please. (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Please can someone put on a link or explain in easy talk :Blush:, how to put photos from the IPAD ( not lap top , or computer ) onto Motorhome fun.
I havnt been able to put any photos in our own forum album , since having the IPad.
I can , (but I don't know how I did it ! ), put one pic on at a time . Sometimes :Blush:In a post.
After the fab weekend at Eden camp and Whitby goth , I'd love to put an album on for each. :Sad:
Plus it would be nice to post, on the forum, some pics of all the weird and wonderful sights in Whitby this last weekend.
Please note it's an IPad I'm using , is that the problem ???
Thanks

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Please can someone put on a link or explain in easy talk :Blush:, how to put photos from the IPAD ( not lap top , or computer ) onto Motorhome fun.
I havnt been able to put any photos in our own forum album , since having the IPad.
I can , (but I don't know how I did it ! ), put one pic on at a time . Sometimes :Blush:In a post.
After the fab weekend at Eden camp and Whitby goth , I'd love to put an album on for each. :Sad:
Plus it would be nice to post, on the forum, some pics of all the weird and wonderful sights in Whitby this last weekend.
Please note it's an IPad I'm using , is that the problem ???
Thanks
I use Dropbox or any other cloud facility to make pics available. Upload to Dropbox then access and download anywhere. :thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Ralph-n-Bev.
I just took this photo with my iPad then uploaded it here using copy and paste.

image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did this last week but have forgotten how:Doh:

I know you need IOS 7 which now has a facility to upload direct to the site.

Try googling " Uploading photos from ipad to a website".

Its really easy:thumb:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Don't you just hold your finger or stylus on the photo and it gives you the option to send it via email or to copy it directly?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have remembered::bigsmile:

Click on "New Post".

Type your message and then add a photo by clicking on the paper clip in the box above ( the same place where you get the highlight icons etc).

This then enables you to download a photo on your IPAD:thumb:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
There's two ways.

1. Copy and paste. Or use the paperclip attachment icon.

2. Use something like Dropbox or Photobucket. You upload your photos to the site in your name and copy and paste the image link.

For me, the second method is preferred. Each time you upload a photo directly to a forum, it takes up a huge amount of memory. That's fine if the site provider (Jim, in this case) has plenty of space. But using a holding site such as Photobucket means each photo takes up a fraction of the memory than had it been uploaded directly.

On a forum, it's really nice to see plenty of photos. They colour the text so much. I post quite a lot of photos to illustrate my words as no one would truly understand what I'm on about otherwise.

In an iPad, you place your finger on the photo and you'll see a small menu. One of the choices will be copy. Press that. When you find somewhere to place your photo, place your finger where you want it and hold down for a second. You'll then see the paste command. Press that and it's done.

To save to Photobucket, or similar, just select 'Upload' and highlight the photos you want uploaded. Once done, each photo has a number of options once you tap on it. You simply need the IMG code. Placing your finger on that highlights and copies it automatically. You then go to where you want it pasted, tap the screen and select paste. Very, very easy.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You can also scroll down and press manage attachments then upload a pic, it only lets me do one and normally its upside down when using the iPad.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There's two ways.

1. Copy and paste. Or use the paperclip attachment icon.

2. Use something like Dropbox or Photobucket. You upload your photos to the site in your name and copy and paste the image link.

For me, the second method is preferred. Each time you upload a photo directly to a forum, it takes up a huge amount of memory. That's fine if the site provider (Jim, in this case) has plenty of space. But using a holding site such as Photobucket means each photo takes up a fraction of the memory than had it been uploaded directly.

On a forum, it's really nice to see plenty of photos. They colour the text so much. I post quite a lot of photos to illustrate my words as no one would truly understand what I'm on about otherwise.

[HI]In an iPad, you place your finger on the photo and you'll see a small menu. One of the choices will be copy. Press that. When you find somewhere to place your photo, place your finger where you want it and hold down for a second. You'll then see the paste command. Press that and it's done.
[/HI]
To save to Photobucket, or similar, just select 'Upload' and highlight the photos you want uploaded. Once done, each photo has a number of options once you tap on it. You simply need the IMG code. Placing your finger on that highlights and copies it automatically. You then go to where you want it pasted, tap the screen and select paste. Very, very easy.

That doesn't work on my Ipad. I can e-mail and print photos from that menu but not copy and paste.

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well I must be completely thick as far as this is concerned. I've down loaded drop box , it's taken all the photos off my ipad. It asked if I wanted to share any so I clicked on all the goth ones. God knows where they've been shared to. There not on drop box anymore but still on my ipad :Doh:
I've tried at least a dozen times to put some on our own profile album to no avail. Tried to put a few on to whitby spring goth album, albeit the old one. It took ages and only the last one went on. The funsters group. So I give up.

Bev.

Thanks for trying to explain everyone, though........:Sad:

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]Are you in Australia?[/HI] :winky:

No..........New Zealand why? :Eeek:

You can also scroll down and press manage attachments then upload a pic, it only lets me do one and [HI]normally its upside down[/HI] when using the iPad.

Tell me about it..............:Doh:

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Easy peasy.
Go to manage attachments. Press it!
Choose file. Press it!
Choose Existing. Press it!
Camera Roll.
Choose picture.
Upload Picture.
Submit Reply.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 21

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well I must be completely thick as far as this is concerned. I've down loaded drop box , it's taken all the photos off my ipad. It asked if I wanted to share any so I clicked on all the goth ones. God knows where they've been shared to. There not on drop box anymore but still on my ipad :Doh:
I've tried at least a dozen times to put some on our own profile album to no avail. Tried to put a few on to whitby spring goth album,albeit the old one. It took ages and only the last one went on. The funsters group. So I give up.

Bev.

Thanks for trying to explain everyone, though........:Sad:

Try again using the method I suggested above. When you click on the paperclip there are 2 " choose file" buttons. I clicked on the second and a pop up came in asking if I wanted a new photo or an existing.

I clicked on existing and the camera roll came up for all the photos on my iPad. Choose your photo and then click upload and then the photo appears in your album on this site.

image.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Easy peasy.
Go to manage attachments. Press it!
Choose file. Press it!
Choose Existing. Press it!
Camera Roll.
Choose picture.
Upload Picture.
Submit Reply.

and this one....downside up.

Only seems to happen with iphones/ipads and never with camera pictures

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Ooo I might have got it, how do you put more than one on though, and do an album for your own file?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
image.jpghttp://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=24826&stc=1&d=1398711960
I must be doing something wrong because of the writing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well done, if you want to put loads on at once use Dropbox public folder and paste a link to it....... :thumb:

Test 1..........

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l9jtaxn40iqwzcw/BIOqlmtqeh

Test 2

BIOqlmtqeh

I thought that's what I was doing when I linked all the goth pictures and shared them. Then they disappeared to air drop somewhere. I think.
Havnt a clue who I shared them with, but they aren't on drop box any more:Doh:I can't find a public folder on there too.

Last edited:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Whitby Goth Meet April 2014

Just a couple of photo's until album set up

Attachments

• Whitby April 2014 071.jpg
    Whitby April 2014 071.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Whitby April 2014 081.jpg
    Whitby April 2014 081.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Whitby April 2014 079.jpg
    Whitby April 2014 079.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Whitby April 2014 076.jpg
    Whitby April 2014 076.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Whitby April 2014 091.jpg
    Whitby April 2014 091.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
So , are you going to let me know how you did that val ???:Smile:pretty please?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Broken Link Removed
Lilac lill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Still can't do this bloody photo thing. There's another one with Tracey as in mark and , from " driving " . She looked really scary in a pink goth outfit ! Click on the link above. It didn't come up as a picture. Blooming ipad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Testing..only one appears but uploaded 2 pics :Blush:

Had the same prob awhile ago

But at least not upside down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ralph and Bev, are you sure you are downsizing them ALL first?

I had a spell once where I was tearing my hair out and it turned out that just one of the many photos had not downsized and in turn it not only didn't download itself, it stopped all the others that were on that link were not downloaded/uploaded .. I don't know the difference:Blush:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Joy I havnt a clue:Doh:
I really need someone to sit down with me and show me how to do it. It looks so simple when people post. But I'm not getting it.
Ralph's not interested. He's either too busy doing his invoices , or doing his home brew , when he's not at work. He says just mess about and then you will learn how to do it:shout::ROFLMAO:

Anyway we STILL havnt got an album to put them in. Plus I've given up trying to add another album to our personal file.
I used to be able to do it on the lap top. I'm sure it's just this ipad.

I think I'll have to take it into the club house the next time we have a rally. Then hopefully someone will be in there who knows how to do it:Blush:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bev if you want to send them .. as a jpg ... to my email I will gladly try and put them on the rally page for you once Jim puts one up.

The best way to get the rally page is to pm Jim .. that's what I do as I don't think he reads all the posts.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back