Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
can anyone advise on how to get the bulb fail light to go out.Computer reads to check n/s/f side light,all bulbs are working, and passed mot with light on; as all external bulbs work.:whatthe:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Not had this but try changing both front sidelights. Had a Volvo years ago and discovered if one light needed changing it was best to change both.

Rgds
Bill

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
have you fitted Led light bulbs or still old stile bulbs?
some leds do not pull a high load so the computer thinks that is blown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
If you or anyone has changed a bulb, it must be the correct watts.

Eric

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont know what type of bulb is in your sidelight but some can be 4, 5 or 10watts for the same type

BA9s cap (common front side bulb) is one example.....the difference being the glass size and shape but the cap on all three will fit the holder regardless..

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
they also don't like cheap bulbs either. i had a problem with one van that was a pain to trace. all bulbs on the circuit worked and were correct wattage but two were Chinese cheapy ones. exchanged them for better quality replacements and the problem went. those bulbs sat in the garage on a shelf for a few months. next time i saw them they were rusty round the bayonet so that told a story by itself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
they also don't like cheap bulbs either. i had a problem with one van that was a pain to trace. all bulbs on the circuit worked and were correct wattage but two were Chinese cheapy ones. exchanged them for better quality replacements and the problem went. those bulbs sat in the garage on a shelf for a few months. next time i saw them they were rusty round the bayonet so that told a story by itself.

I can vouch for that.
They are not tolerant of cheap bulbs if the resistance of the bulb is not within the computers preset values it causes all sorts of issues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back