Traveling alone (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
After the shepton mallet show I am having two months off and traveling around europe by myself, my wife as to work and is joining me when she can:ROFLMAO: as anybody got any tips or if you are a lone traveller are there any pit falls I need to be aware of I dont wild camp and enjoy motorsports
Paul

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I often rally on my own.

Only one downside is sometimes parking up singlehanded can be awkward.

Go for it Paul:thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
After the shepton mallet show I am having two months off and traveling around europe by myself, my wife as to work and is joining me when she can:ROFLMAO: as anybody got any tips or if you are a lone traveller are there any pit falls I need to be aware of I dont wild camp and enjoy motorsports
Paul
Blimey....most married men only get to dream of doing this!

Pit falls???? None worth while worrying about.

I've been a single caravan/campervan owner the past eight years and to be honest the only 'problem' which used to bug me when driving abroad pre-satnav days, was navigation which had to be done by yourself. But then i hear lots of married guys grumbling that their wives can't read a map anyway! I used to prepare my route in large print (easy to read at a glance) and stick it on the dashboard.

Now of course with SatNav you have a woman (or man if you choose) in a little box telling you which way to turn etc. All 'she' cost me was £90.....cheapest 'woman' i've ever had and at the end of the day you can even switch 'her' off!:ROFLMAO:
Heavenly bliss!!:thumb::thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Travelling alone

Hi

In March and April, I found the German and Dutch motorhomers "looked after me". Often, if someone was cooking sausages etc on a BBQ for breakfast, I would hear a knock at the door etc.

Also, when pitching, it was a very tight squeeze, but the nationnalities mentioned above were there in force to assist.

I do not consider it a drawback having people being so friendly, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

I like travelling on my tod - my choice of music etcm stop when I want, but equally, I am off to the Alsace Cristmas markets with my friend, and I am really looking forward to that.

Do be very security aware though. You might be in the habit of leaving the motor unlocked whilst refuelling - as the motor is normally occupied. Lock it - whilst you are at the pumps, some scroat could be in there etc.

I did find tolls tricky in the RHD Swift, but as you are LHD, even that is not a problem.

Russell

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I could cope easily as did it in the states and done rallies here.

My only issue is being lonely to be honest over an extended time, maybe not?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
You wouldn't be lonely knowing you you would get chatting to everyone on site !::bigsmile:

OP
OP
paulharrison
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Well thats answered a lot of questions my first port of call will be the octoberfast in munich, and I will buy a good tom tom whats the best for campsites ?, as the one I have is a bit limited, paper plates and cups seem a good option I am very security minded being a locksmith and the tip about locking the RV at the pumps is a good one.
Paul

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Well thats answered a lot of questions my first port of call will be the octoberfast in munich, and I will buy a good tom tom whats the best for campsites ?, as the one I have is a bit limited, paper plates and cups seem a good option I am very security minded being a locksmith and the tip about locking the RV at the pumps is a good one.
Paul

Paul,
We were in Bavaria last year and met up with a couple who hadn't realised that the Oktoberfest had started on September 22nd, so they missed it. :Doh:

This year it starts even earlier, on September 20th. Be sure you don't miss it like they did.:whatthe:

And always remember that too much beer makes you drunk - and fat. :ROFLMAO:

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulharrison
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
John

Thats right its always in sept, I think they do it to keep the brits away :ROFLMAO:I have been before and camp up near the airport and get the underground in

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back