Free Member
Aug 24, 2008
inn france mostly
Funster No
MH
rv coachmen
Exp
i am a newbie
i am new to the rv scene and have bought a coachman catalina with a factory fitted lpg tank. the instructions from the american manufacturer tell me not to overfill and stop when liquid comes out of a safety valve. i cannot find this vale so i dont know where to watch. any ideas please. if i could find the capacity of the tank in litres i could the fill from empty safely to 80%. again any ideas please.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
i am new to the rv scene and have bought a coachman catalina with a factory fitted lpg tank. the instructions from the american manufacturer tell me not to overfill and stop when liquid comes out of a safety valve. i cannot find this vale so i dont know where to watch. any ideas please. if i could find the capacity of the tank in litres i could the fill from empty safely to 80%. again any ideas please.

I just fill mine till it stops, same for filling the engines 300 litre tanks

Upvote 0

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
If you have a manual for the Catalina it should give you the capacity in that

There is a valve on the side of the Tank that you loosen to vent the air that the one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If you have a manual for the Catalina it should give you the capacity in that

There is a valve on the side of the Tank that you loosen to vent the air that the one

So on the domestic LPG side you release your valve then Tony?

Upvote 0

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
lpg

hi,i fill my domestic lpg tank and the vehicle lpg tank,they both have release valves on them but the modern day pumps you dont need to slacken off as they shouldnt fill over 80% i have had my hurricane for over 2 years and never had any problems,my rv tanks are 2x110 ltrs but i can never get more than 180 ltrs in.there is a welded on lable on the tank which tells you how much the tank holds.hope this helps.happy motoring.muz

Upvote 0

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i never use the vent valve when filling my domestic lpg tank. just keep filling until the pump switches itself off, and you will find you are about 80% full.

des

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back