autotrail apache water igress/ damp (1 Viewer)

shakeytits

Free Member
Jan 17, 2014
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking to buy
Exp
since 2011
My 2008 700se apache has bad damp in front habitation area under front seat and side of cushion ( mould ) anyone had any issues. Thanks

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I've owned 3 Autotrails, the 03 on a Merc chassis was perfect in every way. Then I bought a brand new 09 on a Fiat chassis which was a sponge on wheels then an 11 reg which was even worse. The water ingress should never have happened and there were many other problems all caused by poor quality control management. I might add that the later models have a different design of skirt which is very flimsy. In the past they were known as a premium well built motorhome but because of my experience my view of their products leave much to be desired.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I did post earlier from my ipad BUT it seems to have dissapeared ???

Have heard mention of a few Autotrails with ingress problems around the windows, also some where the outer sides started to crack on the corners..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHXPnTtMho"]AUTOTRAIL APACHE 700 SE 2008 WATER INGRESS - YouTube[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

shakeytits

Free Member
Jan 17, 2014
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking to buy
Exp
since 2011
water ingress.

I've owned 3 Autotrails, the 03 on a Merc chassis was perfect in every way. Then I bought a brand new 09 on a Fiat chassis which was a sponge on wheels then an 11 reg which was even worse. The water ingress should never have happened and there were many other problems all caused by poor quality control management. I might add that the later models have a different design of skirt which is very flimsy. In the past they were known as a premium well built motorhome but because of my experience my view of their products leave much to be desired.[/QUOTE .after some research it seems that there was a problem with the front windows in the habitation area.they seem to leak when raining and the water runs down the inner panel and forms a pool under the seat behind the drivers seat. Lets hope it is not going to be a costly repair

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Last year our 2010 developed a dinette window leak with identical symptoms,largely due to not using it and not discovering it quickly. We have so far had 3 of our windows resealed because of leaks.

OP
OP
S

shakeytits

Free Member
Jan 17, 2014
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking to buy
Exp
since 2011
water ingress.

Yep seems to be a problem as this motorhome has been stood for some time. It only seems to be the front dinette window.i think I will have a go at sealing it myself..has anyone done this or is it a dealer issue.

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
We had exactly the same problem with our 2008 Arapaho last year. Took the window out surprisingly easily as we found the sealant was originally on the frame but was too low at the top to meet the body. We had changed the angle at which it is parked up and water was finding a new route down the side.
Cleaned it all up, resealed, and no problems since. Also resealed the capping behind the drivers door at the same time as I thought that may have been letting water in.
Ran a dehumidifier focused on the damp patch for a while after.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Yep seems to be a problem as this motorhome has been stood for some time. It only seems to be the front dinette window.i think I will have a go at sealing it myself..has anyone done this or is it a dealer issue.

Ive never had a problem with damp but there must have been one at sometime before I owned my van around the rear top l think it was caused by the screws holding the top of the ladder there now seems an excess of sealant over them which looks like a warraty repair. I had some cracking of the sealant on the joints around the van and I saw the same on loads of vans. I had it completely y resealed professional ly by uk campers lincoln Allthough it could be diy job if you have the time and the skills

Steve304

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 Years (12000 Miles)
My 2008 700se apache has bad damp in front habitation area under front seat and side of cushion ( mould ) anyone had any issues. Thanks

This is very unusual for a Motorhome of this vintage, more to be expected on older vans. Especially those which have been subjected to extreme weather differences over time, i.e. hot summers abroad then cold winters at home.

Good news is it should be a relatively simple fix, but if it's still under warranty, get your dealer to sort it out. This might help to show how it's put together? Broken Link Removed

Steve

PS Great username by the way:Smile:

OP
OP
S

shakeytits

Free Member
Jan 17, 2014
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking to buy
Exp
since 2011
water ingress

cheers steve, looks pretty straight forward, as i dont need to strip the window just seperate the inner and outer frames and fit some new sealing compound, so now lets wait for a dry day ? lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back