Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Just had a couple of VERY wet days in Ronda, Spain. Probably the most unrelenting 48hrs of rain i have encountered but hey ho!
As a result I have noticed my Seitz bathroom window seal is weeping. Now given that it is soooo difficult to get spares delivered to me I am wondering what can be done as a temporary fix, if anything, until I return to the UK in June. I have thought about a smear of sealant around the seal but history tells me thats not always the answer.
Any better suggestions welcome :thumb:
The annoying thing is I have a visitor coming to stay on Sunday from the UK and if I'd known about the leak sooner I could have got her to bring a new seal, and a battery master while where on the subject! Doh :Doh:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Do you mean the outer seal that seals the van to window /window to the van ? if it's that I would simply mask the frame up and the van (about 1/8th ins each side) and Sikaflex it :thumb:Failing that remove the inner blinds/frame (watch all the window does not fall out) and re bed the window seal
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Do you mean the outer seal that seals the van to window /window to the van ? if it's that I would simply mask the frame up and the van (about 1/8th ins each side) and Sikaflex it :thumb:Failing that remove the inner blinds/frame (watch all the window does not fall out) and re bed the window seal
terry
No its the black rubber outer one that seals the glazing to the outer frame. I have taken it out, cleaned and put back but I think it will still leak knowing my luck. As far as I can see it is not actually glued or sealed in place but wondered if there were any tricks of the trade before replacing. :thumb:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Window seal,what to do.

Hi,smear some vaseline all round the rubber,the rubber has lost its grip,hope this helps,any thing with a bit of tacky stuff will do.regards H::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No its the black rubber outer one that seals the glazing to the outer frame. I have taken it out, cleaned and put back but I think it will still leak knowing my luck. As far as I can see it is not actually glued or sealed in place but wondered if there were any tricks of the trade before replacing. :thumb:

Hi,smear some vaseline all round the rubber,the rubber has lost its grip,hope this helps,any thing with a bit of tacky stuff will do.regards H::bigsmile:

LIP BALM easy quick and clean to apply -simply removing and cleaning in warm soapy water ,then lip balm and refitting may well cure it :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back