Nessie

Free Member
Apr 22, 2014
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Would it be acceptable to cut into a winterised floor to create a safe "secret" storage area? What sort of affect would/could this have on the vehicle?

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Would it be acceptable to cut into a winterised floor to create a safe "secret" storage area? What sort of affect would/could this have on the vehicle?

I wouldn't myself. What sort of size do you need? I'd be tempted to attach a lockable box to the chassis. It may be outside, but it is the last place a scav would look.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You would have a cold safe spot!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Hi Nessie

What MH have you got and what are you wanting to 'hide'? We may be able to suggest existing places which you could use that are not obvious to the 'greater spotted oik'! ::bigsmile:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you are just going into the void between habitation floor and road facing floor from the habitation side I don't see a problem as long as you don't have underfloor wet heating. Might be different if cutting from the road side.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back