Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Need a new headlight for a B Class 02 Hymer bloody stone from a lorry caught it right in the centre cracked clean in half.
Same as the one below.
Cant seem to find one on the internet Help Please :thumb:

Attachments

• hymer headlight.jpg
    hymer headlight.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 144

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Not sure , but I think they are Hella make, go to an autoelectrcal place, they should be able to identify it for you. Failing that try Hymer, but likely to cost an arm & leg!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
May be worth a try

I know this says fog light, but it may be worth contacting them once you have a part number, they may be able to help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LTI-TX1-TX2-HYMER-MOTOR-HOME-HELLA-FRONT-FOG-LAMP-LIGHT-/190635239711?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item2c62bee91f

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks Dave found them through a link Terry sent me :thumb:

Just over £40 as opposed to over a £100 from Hymer still waiting for a final quote from Hymer usual crap from them but told well in excess of £100.00 :Eeek:

Gonna order tomorrow and a spare I think. :winky:

For reference if anyone else needs lights they are Hella lights link below;

http://www.autoelectricalpartsuk.co.uk/products/Lighting/Headlamps_15

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Ordered new headlight today from these

http://www.autoelectricalpartsuk.co....g/Headlamps_15

£43-00 delivered really good company and really very helpful. :thumb:

Trouble is how the hell do you get the old one out can anyone help.
Looks to me like wheel arch inner out or bumper off what a bloody nightmare.:Eeek:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Looks to me like wheel arch inner out or bumper off what a bloody nightmare.:Eeek:

Yep! :Doh:

If you drop the bumper and remove the wheel arch, you can get at the back of the lamps more easily, particularly if it is the outer (dipping) unit. I have never had to change one so I have no idea how complex the operation might be. I was just trying to find a way to make switching between L-R dipping easier - I failed as all the screws seemed to be hidden by the electrical levelling unit.

In case you haven't done it, the bumper is held by vertically aligned self-tappers accessible from above the radiator (behind the 'Hymer' panel) and four bolts to brackets under the front skirt. Then it is screwed to the wheel arches. To remove the wheel arches, peel back the grey sealing strip between body and arch to reveal the screws. Also be aware there are some small self-tappers at the extremities of the arches.

p.s. you may not need to remove the arches completely- just remove the screws that hold them to the bumper then the bumper should drop away between them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Cor what a palarver just to change a headlight. Bloody German van over built. :Doh:

When I owned RVs they used to fall out regularly used to carry a spare 2 minute job to fit a new one and you could get em from the scrapyard for a fiver. :ROFLMAO:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Well i heard you was pretty good at taking off your rear one so the front should be a doddle:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well i heard you was pretty good at taking off your rear one so the front should be a doddle:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Meeeooww that really hurt thought you was a mate :cry::cry:

Friggin trip to Shell Island cost me a fortune. :RollEyes: gonna go back in a couple of weeks try an dilute the cost :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Update headlight arrived 11am today fantastic service from this company. Unfortunately it's the wrong one anyway they've sourced them in Germany be here tomorrow bit dearer though £80 instead of £43 Hymer just quoted after 5 days £180 plus vat plus delivery :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back