Driven mad findingTyre pressures for Starfire Autocruiser (1 Viewer)

banjoman

Free Member
Apr 23, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Starfire Autocruiser
Exp
A newbie
Hi Folks
Im a newbie to motor homing and am having difficulty finding the correct tyre pressures for my 2002 coachbuilt Starfire autocruiser,which is great.The Moterhome manual refers me to the Boxer chasis booklet but Im told these pressures aren't relevant Im totally frustrated contacting Peurgeot and Swift who cant help.Any ideas or info would be greatly valued:Sad:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi Banjoman,
have you tried looking around the bodywork? The majority of MoHo's have a sticker type tyre pressure recommendation, sometimes in the driver/passenger door apature, sometimes under the bonnet or even behind the sunvisor.
Usually the pressure sticker is put on by the vehicle manufaturer with the specific tyres they have fitted - then when the body is fitted all sorts of culculations are done,,,,,,, however, you dont see many body fitting tyre pressure recommendations.
Ultimately, you could weigh the MoHo and contact your tyre manufacturer for their advice.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Forget about looking at stickers on Motorhome. This is not how you establish correct pressures for your tyres.
Fully load your vehicle and take to a public weighbridge, weigh front axle and then whole motorhome. By default you will then have both axle weights. Next, go to the tyre manufacturer and provide them with details of the tyre and axle weights. They will then provide you with the correct pressures for each set of tyres. Job Done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Banjoman,
have you tried looking around the bodywork? The majority of MoHo's have a sticker type tyre pressure recommendation, sometimes in the driver/passenger door apature, sometimes under the bonnet or even behind the sunvisor.
Usually the pressure sticker is put on by the vehicle manufaturer with the specific tyres they have fitted - then when the body is fitted all sorts of culculations are done,,,,,,, however, you dont see many body fitting tyre pressure recommendations.
Ultimately, you could weigh the MoHo and contact your tyre manufacturer for their advice.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:
Quite right, but make sure you quote the rear wheel weight and the front wheel weight, because they will ask that question when you inquire.
I was surprised the pressures they advised, but I have a much better drive now that I've adjusted the pressures.

Keith :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
What the others said! I've done this with both the vans we've had, loaded with normal gear for a trip, including the wife (I make an allowance for the small dog) :roflmto: on the weighbridge for £10 and email the results of axle weights and details of tyres to the manufacturers. The only safe way. :thumb:

Edit: And keep the printout in case you're ever stopped, if nothing else it shows you've taken the trouble to check it.

Last edited:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Folks
Im a newbie to motor homing and am having difficulty finding the correct tyre pressures for my 2002 coachbuilt Starfire autocruiser,which is great.The Moterhome manual refers me to the Boxer chasis booklet but Im told these pressures aren't relevant Im totally frustrated contacting Peurgeot and Swift who cant help.Any ideas or info would be greatly valued:Sad:

Forget the vehicle manufacturer, look for the recommended pressures from the tyre manufacturers, which will be based on the weight placed on each wheel. This can be estimated from the maximum axle load divided by the number of wheels on the axle. There is no such thing as an underloaded motorhome. ;-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
my alko chasis Boxer manual states 4.1 front & 4.5 bar rear ::bigsmile:

hope this helps.........