Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Just got back from Padstow Touring Site. Extremely well set up site with good pitches and facilities, I would recommend this site to anyone.
Just one gripe, a small amount of dog owners are spoiling it for the majority of dog owners and those of us who don't have dogs.
On a sit where they ask dogs to be kept on a lead they are left to run around. Also a small minority are not cleaning the dog crap up. Don't these owners think of others, particularly the young kids running around.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Get the kids on leads I say:ROFLMAO: Seriously though, that does my head in :Angry: Although we loved the site at Ledaig there was a lot of dog crap on the walk paths beside the beach. And, I see it all too often in ABZ too. Just this evening we were walking our pooch around our local park which has just had major work done to it and there was dog poop all over one of the main paths. There is NO NEED people, clean it up. I won't mention horse riders though, 'cause they are allowed to leave horse crap all over the shop :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Agree, as a dog owner ourselves, we hate this, ironically we have just spent ten days at THS Victoria Country park, Netley. On the THS site there must have been about twenty dogs, very free and easy, all dogs on a lead, no mess anywhere. The park itself is dog friendly, dogs allowed off their leads in the park and in the woods, normally about a dozen dogs running free, families everywhere, again no mess, what a fab time everyone was having. Only time we saw a dog out of control, other dog owners had serous words with them. Unfortunately a few irresponsible dog and children owners have no respect for other. Pity

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly it seems with everything, a few bad apples spoilt the cart. just a few dogs on a site allowed to crap where they like and not picked up soon accumulate a lot of deposits. If i dont get out in my garden and clean up at least once a day, it soon looks and smells awful

maybe if the councils and site owners started policing the problem and at the same time installed more dog bins, it would really help. one excellent idea is what they do in certain places in america, fit a doggie cesspit beside each dog park. the poo goes down a chute and into the cesspit which digests the solids. planning on maybe fitting one myself at home. 3 medium size dogs produce a lot of waste each and every day

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Get the kids on leads I say:ROFLMAO: Seriously though, that does my head in :Angry: Although we loved the site at Ledaig there was a lot of dog crap on the walk paths beside the beach. And, I see it all too often in ABZ too. Just this evening we were walking our pooch around our local park which has just had major work done to it and there was dog poop all over one of the main paths. There is NO NEED people, clean it up. [HI]I won't mention horse riders though, 'cause they are allowed to leave horse crap all over the shop [/HI]:Angry:

Horse dirt is benevolent vegetarian dung - not stinky carnivorous ordure... Most people would run out and gather it up for the garden. Not the same at all.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
[HI]stinky carnivorous ordure[/HI]

Great description

Irresponsible dog owners are as annoying as Irresponsible wild campers IMHO

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Horse dirt is benevolent vegetarian dung - not stinky carnivorous ordure... Most people would run out and gather it up for the garden. Not the same at all.

When we lived near Gatwick there were always horses going past the front of our house to nearby stables......I kept a shovel behind the wall and would nip out and lift it, good for the garden:thumb:

Margaret

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Dog Mess

Seems to be bad behaviour by the dog owners letting them run around and not clearing up after them. Also very poor management but he site owners. Do they not have eyes to see whats going on and should they not take action to prevent it and thereby ensure the enjoyment of of their customers, both responsible dog owners and those without dogs. Or have they got the money so can't be bothered.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015

So that gives them the right to leave a pile of dung WHY?? Wouldn't want my kids to stand in it, fall in it or any other "in it" any takers, no, didn't think so. Back to the dog mess :ROFLMAO:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
So is chicken S**t but I wouldn't want to tread in it or let my kids play in it.
We regularly have piles of horse droppings that block footpaths. If it was litter, the owners could get fined.
If horse owners could just strap a bucket under their animals tails...........

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I should think most wardens would not overlook dogs running around of leads doing the business every where. It frustrates me big time. Nothing worse than finding a pile when striming or having it walked all round reception and the shower block :Angry:
As already said its only the minority but it's a bloody minded minority that think they have the right to just let there dog roam, fine in the right place but if you have been requested to keep your dog on lead please do so :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
All dogs should have a DNA swab taken before entering the site, this will guarantee that all owners act responsibly. :winky::winky:

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
There are some responsible dog owners about that bag there dogs poo. Then to show everyone they have done so they throw it into the trees and bushes.:Angry:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have an idea which may go to Dragons Den,put luminous paint in dog food,less chance of treading in it at night!:thumb:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
I have just had a stroll with my dog,around a very popular Bluebell wood. I managed to fill a carrierbag with plastic drinks bottles,beer cans,various plastic wrappings from foods and sweets, and a broken glass bottle, clearly smashed on purpose with a large flint. Bloody irresponsible dog owners!!:Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
There are some responsible dog owners about that bag there dogs poo. Then to show everyone they have done so they throw it into the trees and bushes.:Angry:

I for one would rather the people who do this leave the crap to degrade naturally :thumb: it's all over the lake district -bloody little black bags on all the bushes and fences :Smile:Max is a weird dog in that he always seems to crap in the long grass or with nettles stinging his arse and no in these situations I don't clean it up -irresponsible ? maybe but I don't envisage many people/kids walking in the nettles --I make the decision based on where he craps as to clean up or not :hardhat:
terry

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I still haven't seen these magic fairies that come and take away the little black bags from trees and fences :Smile:

Reactions: Sue
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
'Dog owners be responsible'

So many oxymorons.....so little time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm a dog owner, annoys me when other owners don't pick up after their dogs but realise that a dog can poo on one side of a field while you're at the other! On sites I tend to pick up after others so they don't think it's my dogs.
Fox poo is usually black looking, very dark due to high blood content from animals they eat.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I've lost me bearings a little.
Reminder please, just to get me head right...

UKIP,
Wild camping,
Dog shit.

What comes next, is it E Cigs, the Scots vote, gassing or toads?:Smile:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I vote for the e-cig smoking, UKIP voting, wild camping toad and his liberal s*****g on campsites.

Trikeman. :winky:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Oxymorons

'Dog owners be responsible'

So many oxymorons.....so little time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your use of that word suggests by that you feel dog owners are the opposite of responsible.

Do you mean all dog owners, or just a few. Might I invite you to expand on that theory for the edification of the great many dog owners who are indeed are very responsible people who control their dogs and clean up after them and are very unhappy when others do not.

andley

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Static
Exp
Campsite owner
The Algarve

This is a use full campsite.

chloeskennels.com