Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Our newly acquired motorhome came with a Cat 1, Sigma S30 (I think) alarm system. Despite having the manual, I cannot work out how to lock it up at night at bed time without setting the internal movement detectors. We have to lie awfully still for a very long time.... Is anyone able to tell me how it is intended to work? Many thanks, Jerry

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Alarm

Our newly acquired motorhome came with a Cat 1, Sigma S30 (I think) alarm system. Despite having the manual, I cannot work out how to lock it up at night at bed time without setting the internal movement detectors. We have to lie awfully still for a very long time.... Is anyone able to tell me how it is intended to work? Many thanks, Jerry

I have the same alarm and same problem. My manual says press the all button on the fob twice to disable interior sensors but that does not do the job, even thigh the system beeps. The answer is to use a small piece of tape or blue tack over the sensors I am told although I haven't tried it I expect it would work

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Alarm

Should have gone to Vanbitz!!

Seriously have you contacted the manufacturers, they should provide support.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad:Crumbs. Best contraceptive on the market, then? Can you google the alarm and see if there is a manual on there?

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Found this it may help

Not my words, but I found this on the net, hope it helps.

Mike.

If you've got the two button fob it's possible to switch off different parts of the alarm. IE you may wish to keep a dog in the van & still be able to set the alarm but eliminate the ultrasonic detectors from the equation.

Please check your sigma manual, but from memory after leaving & locking the van you press the big button which activates the full alarm & imobilisation. The indicators then give a long flash. Then you press the small button twice which cancels the ultasonic detectors & leaves everything else activated. The LED flashes indicate the status of the alarm at this point.

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Vehicle Alarm

Many thanks to everyone. I actually have the manual and did contact the manufacturer who were not terribly helpful. I have two degrees and RSA level 1 typing (far more useful) but cannot understand the manual. I am assuming my interior movement detectors are turned off because otherwise, how can you spend a night in the van unless you leave all the door unlocked? Too clever for itself methinks. Jerry

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Alarms

Many thanks to everyone. I actually have the manual and did contact the manufacturer who were not terribly helpful. I have two degrees and RSA level 1 typing (far more useful) but cannot understand the manual. I am assuming my interior movement detectors are turned off because otherwise, how can you spend a night in the van unless you leave all the door unlocked? Too clever for itself methinks. Jerry

As per the manual. Unless you set the alarm with the large button then give the small button two presses to disable it the interior sensors stay on. The problem, for me at least, and I suspect for you is that this procedure does not disable the interior sensors and moving about inside the van set off the alarm.

I think the person who installed the alarm might not have dome so correctly, or that the option to disable the interior sensors is just that, an option that was extra and not taken up at the time of installation. I remember I had three choices. Bronze, Silver and Gold. I chose Bronze as all I wanted was an alarm, I thought that disabling the interior sensors was included but perhaps it wasn't.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Our alarm requires Press button to set and then after 5 secs but before 25 secs press other button to disable internal sensors.
Might work

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Alarm aster

Well, I just had a thought. We used to leave our dog inside with the alarm on and and the alarm didn't go off but I hadv't had occasion to want to disable the interior sensors for a while so I had forgotten something.

After the alarm is set with the large button the small LED (on the dash on mine) will flash green for a settling period of about 30 seconds, after that it flashes red and the alarm is fully set. You must press the small bottom twice in this period of 30 seconds while the LED is still green, that disables the interiors. If you press the small red button after the 30 seconds when the LED is red, the interiors will not be disabled.

I just tried it on mine a couple of times a few minutes ago and the procedure works, my appologies to the installer, it was my fault for not remembering the correct procedure.

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No problem, just glad it is sorted out.These things are always useful information for other Funsters.

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Are you sure it is an S30 and that you have the correct manual? It would appear activation methods differ with model (and possibly age).

Cheers,
Lee.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Sigma S30 Alarm

My 2010 AutoTrail Savannah has this alarm which we bought secondhand in September last year. Naturally we had but a cursory explanation of the alarm when we bought the van.

We have not experienced the problem that the OP complains of as we lock the doors and the alarm gets set by pressing the door lock button in the centre of the dashboard of our Ducato cab. I use the unlock button on the dashboard before we exit the vehicle in the morning

I have only today read the manual about the various different key press procedures to omit different things but have not yet tried any of these.

I don't know anything about different versions such as Gold Silver and Bronze. Our alarm certainly has two internal sensors on the dash and a very small keypad also on the dash for which I need a pin number should I wish to use it. I have not ventured to use this yet. The dashboard sensors do not work when the system is armed using the dashboard button to lock the doors bbut as far as I am aware the rest of the sensors on the doors etc are armed.

I have got manuals for it which I could scan if required.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Trust you've got your alarm sorted out now, we've got the same system, but didn't know anything about gold, silver or bronze. We think ours is the S34, but as a few funsters have already said the manual is as clear as mud.

We bought our Dakota last summer and were shown how to alarm the van during the handover.......but it was us who were alarmed after this:Doh:

We've got sensors on both cab doors, habitation door and the garage door and the keypad on the dash. However, just after we bought the van, we thought we had it "cracked", we had set it and had been sitting in the van for a couple of hours even moving about in it and then it went off around midnight. Mad panic to grab the key fob and hit the buttons. In hindsight, it was possible in the early days, I had not pressed the buttons within the 25 seconds:Blush:
However, that night we decided not to bother trying to set the alarm again, just in case it went off in the middle of the night.......

Thanks to another funster on here, who had the same system, he sorted us out and we have been fine since. Once in for the night, I press the big button once and the small button twice within 25 seconds and we've had no problems since. Apart from yesterday morning when someone knocked the van door and I tried to open it without disarming the system.......

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Security system

Many thanks for everyone's help. I have to assume that our interior sensors are permanently disabled because all I have been doing is pressing the large button once on the key fob which locks all the doors. We haven't set anything off by moving inside the van once the alarm has been set. The LED in the centre of the driver's side dashboard flashes green then orange then red and the only time it ever stays green is when we are actually running the engine. Does the fact that this LED is permanently flashing red merely indicate the engine is immobilised as it cannot mean the alarm is active as sometimes the habitation door is open!

Yours in total confusion, Jerry

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Sigma S30 Alarm

I need to spend more time on our alarm to get to grips with it and will feed anything that I learn back to this thread.

I am pretty sure that the system can be set up so that the internal sensors are not active and that this can be done via the keypad if required.

For information I know that my 2 garage doors have alarm sensors in addition to the three doors. I have already tested and know for certain than none of the habitation windows in the walls have alarm sensors. I need to check the external gas locker, external battery locker, toilet locker and various roof lights.

I have decided to beef up security by fitting window alarms, alloy wheel locking bolts and an additional milenco internal/external habitation door lock. I loop the seat belts through the door handles when we go to bed at night so they cannot be opened without breaking a window.

If someone wants to break in when we are not at the van there is nothing we can do and they will succeed if there are no witnesses. My wife is more concerned about the alleged gassings or someone breaking in when we are asleep. We like to sleep with windows open so this will have to be roof lights only.

In terms of trying to minimise the cost of accidental damage I have fitted acrylic headlamp protectors and side view/rear mirror ABS plastic protectors.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Concern

I need to spend more time on our alarm to get to grips with it and will feed anything that I learn back to this thread.

I am pretty sure that the system can be set up so that the internal sensors are not active and that this can be done via the keypad if required.

For information I know that my 2 garage doors have alarm sensors in addition to the three doors. I have already tested and know for certain than none of the habitation windows in the walls have alarm sensors. I need to check the external gas locker, external battery locker, toilet locker and various roof lights.

I have decided to beef up security by fitting window alarms, alloy wheel locking bolts and an additional milenco internal/external habitation door lock. I loop the seat belts through the door handles when we go to bed at night so they cannot be opened without breaking a window.

If someone wants to break in when we are not at the van there is nothing we can do and they will succeed if there are no witnesses. My wife is more concerned about the alleged gassings or someone breaking in when we are asleep. We like to sleep with windows open so this will have to be roof lights only.

In terms of trying to minimise the cost of accidental damage I have fitted acrylic headlamp protectors and side view/rear mirror ABS plastic protectors.

You are right to do what you can to be secure but please do not be concerned about gassing. There is copious evidence to show this does not happen. There are a very few people who say they are gassing victims but I think they are genuinely mistaken. I don't want to start yet another debate on that issue but I think it's not something go be concerned about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back