Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
10 months
I made the mistake of covering over my Autosleeper Amethyst for the winter. without disconnecting the batteries. trying to start the van up this Easter I found both batteries flat. I then put the van on charge over night only to find both batteries still flat next morning. I then disconnected the batteries, put it on charge only to find it was still flat after 10 hours. went and brought anew battery tried it out van started fine only to find it flat again next day. tried to charge it up on the internal charger got me nowhere, disconnected the battery and used a different charger, started the van with no trouble. Attempting to find the problem I found that the van was taking a load of 8 amps with every thing switched off. The fridge was taking 4 amps ( switched off ) I don't have a clue on where to start looking next, does anyone have any idea's? Petedaniel //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
split charge relay stuck and trying to charge a dead leisure battery?

Chris69

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
Do you have an alarm or tracker?

I ask because we had a similar problem with our AS Broadway and the problem was the Phantom tracker.

As for recharging in situ, you probably have the same control panel as we had on our 09 Broadway, Sargent. The hand book says that once amps drop below about 8 inbuilt charger will not recharge it.
Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back