Chausson, best of 510 or flash510 (1 Viewer)

Adam b

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
South queensferry
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise carrera4
Exp
Quite fancy these but can't see much difference in the spec. Does any one have one of these ? Let me know what you think of it.
Thanks

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I think the only difference is 10 is on a Transit base and the 510 is on a Fiat

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have a feeling the "Best of"s are on the Ford base.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Could be..... the best of 4, best of 6 and best of 10 were Ford based. Still one or two around at the dealers.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are buying a best of 510, and looked at both specs. Can't see much difference apart from upholstery and choosing optional fixtures. I think the best of 510 is sold as is and the 510 is made to order. Both on Fiat as they have run out of the ford. The dealer we are buying it from said the best of 10 was so popular they carried on with the best of on the fiat and added a 5 to it :) also the sink in the bathroom is nicer than the 10. One big difference is the paint work. The best of 510 is all white with white bumper. The 510 is silver graphics. And the air conditioning is included in the best of range.

OP
OP
Adam b

Adam b

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
South queensferry
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise carrera4
Exp
We are buying a best of 510, and looked at both specs. Can't see much difference apart from upholstery and choosing optional fixtures. I think the best of 510 is sold as is and the 510 is made to order. Both on Fiat as they have run out of the ford. The dealer we are buying it from said the best of 10 was so popular they carried on with the best of on the fiat and added a 5 to it :) also the sink in the bathroom is nicer than the 10. One big difference is the paint work. The best of 510 is all white with white bumper. The 510 is silver graphics. And the air conditioning is included in the best of range.

I bought a flash 510 today , like you couldn't see much between them, but we got it at the same price as the best of model with a good trade in , change over in three weeks ::bigsmile:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Wow that is great. ::bigsmile: Our dealers didn't have a 510 only the best of to look at. I like the paint work of the 510 over the best of, but for us to order one it would have been a few thousand more. Congrats on yours, we pick ours in on the 10th May so only 3 weeks for us to ::bigsmile:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I bought a flash 510 today , like you couldn't see much between them, but we got it at the same price as the best of model with a good trade in , change over in three weeks ::bigsmile:
Another Funster Chausson owner - congratulations! We have a Best 0f 04 (Transit)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We picked up our best of 10 transit base a month or so age.Ordered it at the nec it was just about the last one left so far very pleased and no faults. Wanted a ford again as our last one was so reliable .Does anyone know how the bed controls work I tried to look through the pack cant find out the only problem is trying to get our mattress topper to fit in when the bed goes up. Just ordered a 11 kg gasit cylinder came today going to fit this weekend hope it fits the manual says 11kg should fit but our dealer says its tight!.I think all the best of 10/510 range look good

David

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Just ordered a 11 kg gasit cylinder came today going to fit this weekend hope it fits the manual says 11kg should fit but our dealer says its tight!.I think all the best of 10/510 range look good

David

Please let us know as we pick up our Welcome WS on the 5th and want to fit a Gasit but are not sure if it will fit.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Please let us know as we pick up our Welcome WS on the 5th and want to fit a Gasit but are not sure if it will fit.
We have an 11kg Gaslow cylinder fitted by Vanbitz in our Chausson (Best Of 04) but it was a tight fit & we had to have the filler point behind the door as nowhere else suitable - almost had to go down to 6kg.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Fitted the gas-it 11kg yesterday loads of room will try and post a photo. The connections take a bit of thinking about to fit in without the hoses being bent too much I spent 45 minutes thinking/experimenting and 15 fitting!. Found a local gas station 5 minutes away and a nice slovakian bloke filling his car helped me with the first fill. Put in 20 litres (10 kg approx) and was a bit alarmed by the gas escaping from the refill hose afterwards. I suppose its normal. The are no instructions from gas-it they do supply a leak detecter spray but the products seem good phone service helpfull when placing an order, website poor, could do with organising some fitting instructions and faq,s. Cost just under £175 including 11kg cyl in locker fitting kit pigtail adapter and in line bent gas filter o get a 5% discount if you say you are on the wildgas forum :winky::winky:

David

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Chausson Best of 10 and Gasit

Hi all,
just fitted an 11KG gasit bottle to my Best of 10 no problem. The fill point is behind the door inline with the top of the tank, first fill today, took 21.45 Litres at 64 pence per litre.
Lee.

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Putting enquiry here re a lot of Chausson 510 chat going on although perhaps not recent I know,
I've got a Fiat a best of 510 , have any of you 510 owners replaced the (no good to me Grill thing) and fitted a microwave in its place if so how successful was the mod & where did you pick up the 240v supply from re my 510 has only got 2 x 240 sockets and they are badly positioned for me to take feeds from anyway

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Putting enquiry here re a lot of Chausson 510 chat going on although perhaps not recent I know,
I've got a Fiat a best of 510 , have any of you 510 owners replaced the (no good to me Grill thing) and fitted a microwave in its place if so how successful was the mod & where did you pick up the 240v supply from re my 510 has only got 2 x 240 sockets and they are badly positioned for me to take feeds from anyway

We had the useless grill taken out of our WS and a 240 socket put in. The space is now filled with a cheap microwave/grill from Lidl. The dealer fitted the 240 socket when they took out the grill.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have just had this done at our dealership. The grill came out, they tapped of the gas, put a new supply in and fitted a microwave. They did a really good job with the carpentry around it. Very pleased, not cheap but it did involve a few people. It looks like it was meant to be there. Keeping the grill safe in case we sell and the new owners want it. :)

We have three sockets two in kitchen and one at the end of e short sofa near the drivers seat.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
We picked up our best of 10 transit base a month or so age.Ordered it at the nec it was just about the last one left so far very pleased and no faults. Wanted a ford again as our last one was so reliable .Does anyone know how the bed controls work I tried to look through the pack cant find out the only problem is trying to get our mattress topper to fit in when the bed goes up. Just ordered a 11 kg gasit cylinder came today going to fit this weekend hope it fits the manual says 11kg should fit but our dealer says its tight!.I think all the best of 10/510 range look good

David
I was told by a dealer putting too much bedding on the bed causes the mechanisim to jam and a reboot is necessary. But I have no experience to give on this.

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
I said its early , the penny just dropped
WS = Welcome Suite
And I had a WS before the 510 more & more Senior moments lately, now what was it I was saying Ha !

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think the Best of was the old model transit upspeced to sell at a lower price to clear before the new 510 with the new transit came on stream. There was one left at TC motorhomes at Whitstable at a lower price. I have an old model transit mk 5 oddessee, and it was sold the same way BUT it does date it so the resale value drops through the floor compared with newer models with the same reg date.
I am looking at a 610 because of the garage space.

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
Anyone know if new chausson 510 on ford chassis is pre wired for towbar, if so where do i find the wiring also anyone recommend a good towbar fitter in bradford area.. thanks..dave,

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We've got a bestof10 on the Ford Mk7 and it suits us perfectly. We took the grill out and blocked up the vent at the back of the area. But didn't put in a microwave as we thought moving anything hot above head height is a risk. We just stuff the pillows in there.

Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
My 2014 Ford Mk7 has the towbar wiring and socket sealed in a plastic bag and cable tied in the chassis leg.
I also removed the grill and fitted a microwave. I did think about the risk but, as its the wife that usually operates the thing, I will probably be ok.
(Hope she doesn't read this)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back